MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
scratchmaster_J

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

Frustration with local shops---rant!!

Is it just me or are these shops too lazy to check the computer to get a freakin price? Everything is just some guessing game like,"Its gonna cost like maybe $150". maybe, i wanna know what it will cost so get off your and check, BS. I honestly hate going to these holes, where everyone doesnt care about the customer. Hence why I love the internet, you get cheaper and faster delivery . I resort to calling locally only if i can get the specific part that same day. And of all places, the Suzuki dealer comes to the rescue with suggestions from after market companies. My thumbs go down to Motorcycles Unlimited & Grandprix. This only a rant and my own opinion.
scratchmaster_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Shops Rocknthesuburb General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-16-2010 06:49 PM
Local Valve Shops? DvlRacer Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 10 05-12-2009 12:36 PM
Hitting local SE shops....... Spectre5922 Events, Meets and Rides 5 11-01-2008 06:41 PM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
Help with a little frustration? Nox General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 05-14-2007 05:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

oh

did you ask for an exact price? or did you say, what do you think this will cost. if they give an estimate, just tell them you want an actual quote
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
Costas

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Costas
Motorcycles Unlimited always gives me the total price OTD. But i've called other shops before and they give me a guestimate which gets annoying if you're looking for the best deal.
Costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
b18c1ej8
semi-n00b

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4I

if you are ready to buy with cash in hand or cc then yes i agree these actions are unexcuseable but if you are like me and prob 90% of moto riders who are always wondering what to do next to our bikes then im sure they prob get tired of checking prices for everything everyone asks for it would get old to me as i have worked retail so i know maybe they should get a price check machine like walmart haha but yes i understand your frustration but i can promise you Motorcycles Unlimited is an excellent place to deal with infact the only place i will deal with
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com

Motorcycles Unlimited Sig1
b18c1ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Motorcycles Unlimited gets a million calls a day, chill out dude!
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

try patrick again at Motorcycles unlimited. I've had that issue and just asked PERIOD OUT TO DOOR how much and they'll give it to you. Don't cut off ties with them, Patrick works hard to take care of riders, so you can trust them. Just be clear exactly on the quote you need and what you're looking for. other shops.... yeah I understand!
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #7
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

OR PM Patrick on this site, he'll get back with a quote to you as well. Try that! And you can get a bit of discount for being on this site
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
OR PM Patrick on this site, he'll get back with a quote to you as well. Try that! And you can get a bit of discount for being on this site
i wouldnt give em one after acting a fool lol
Old 06-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
I think what you are typing about is the exception rather than the norm.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

patrick and the rest of the crew are really good people and will go out of thier way to help you, but the phone rings off the hook and they always have customers in the shop. there is a reason for this, THEY ARE GOOD!!!!
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #13
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Patrick, Javi and Tim (scootertrash) have all given me the prices before hand and have always been lower. I cant speak for other vendors since those are the only vendors I deal with.
My girl swears that Yamaha has the best parts people in the world. so take that into consideration as well.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
elmo

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Evan or Zack at GP motoring, off Richmond have always been awesome. They will sit down and go through books and get a price. Unlike stubbs, that told me they dont have something and go to another bike shop?!?!?:/:
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #15
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
I called patrick and asked for the price on a fairing and crankcase cover, he told me the exact price for each as well as price on installation at the shop. :dontknow:
Old 06-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #16
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

i find that hard to believe about Motorcycles Unlimited. Ive always gotten straight answer prices from them and honest work!!!

But then again, "you can't please everyone in this world"!!!

NOT TO MENTION, MOTORCYCLES UNLIMITED GETS LIKE A MILLION CALLS A DAY!
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #17
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J View Post
Is it just me or are these shops too lazy to check the computer to get a freakin price? Everything is just some guessing game like,"Its gonna cost like maybe $150". maybe, i wanna know what it will cost so get off your and check, BS. I honestly hate going to these holes, where everyone doesnt care about the customer. Hence why I love the internet, you get cheaper and faster delivery . I resort to calling locally only if i can get the specific part that same day. And of all places, the Suzuki dealer comes to the rescue with suggestions from after market companies. My thumbs go down to Motorcycles Unlimited & Grandprix. This only a rant and my own opinion.
my guess is that they answered the ? w/ as much seriousness as you did about buying the product.

also about a comp. i doubt they can JUST check a comp. unless they stock the item, they prolly had to goto a physical catalog or goto a site, look up the item, maybe get a price or even have to call the place to get their price. so it's not as easy as looking it up in a comp.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 06-11-2008 at 05:01 PM.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

I was at Motorcycles Unlimited today and the phone rang and rand the whole time I was there. I was wondering how they get all their work done, but they did and all was done in a timely manner. good job Motorcycles Unlimited!
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #19
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGixxer View Post
But then again, "you can't please everyone in this world"!!!

!
Plus, no one is perfect.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #20
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J View Post
wow...i hope your bike never breaks down, because the internet won't fix that for you.

Remember, people are busy, so you should be patient. A lot of internet prices aren't far better than most local prices, since most stores sell from the same few distributors, mainly being Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited. I am sure that most stores/shops, given a well established relationship, will be happy to match or at least work closer to an internet price, as long as they are still making a little money.

Also, a lot of internet shops carry little to no overhead, this also adds to an internet store's flexibility in pricing.

I, like you, look for the best deals all the time. I buy a lot of on the web; however, I have been to most of the motorcycle shops and had purchased something or had some work done by them with great results.

I think before calling out a company in the open forum, you should have made a better attempt at righting the situation with the appropriate parties. If you have to do it in type, I'm sure they have posted email addresses, as well as PM boxes here on MH.

By the way...what are you trying to get a price on?

Last edited by hotnanas; 06-11-2008 at 05:06 PM.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement