Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
MOVE BACK IN WITH THE RENTS

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
O yeah...! BigComfy Off Topic 3 10-20-2011 10:11 AM
calling out peruvian? RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-13-2008 09:01 AM
peruvian needs help..... peruvian General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-11-2008 05:20 AM
oh yeah paniro187 Taking it to the Track 15 11-08-2007 03:37 PM
YEAH RIGHT !!!! Gideon Events, Meets and Rides 29 11-21-2006 11:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
16!!!!!! Good Lord your only 6 yrs older than my oldest son... hahahaha

That does explain the high insurance....
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

I agree with a storage unit andn then some type of renters insurance for the contents of the unit. From my experience most places won't allow a bike under the stairs or anything else for that matter. I would tend to believe it has to do with the fire code of the city. Also, to me chains are too easy to remove and if it sits on display all day while everyone around is gone to work someone will find a way to take it if they want it. Summer time and kids have plenty of time to find a way to spend their afternoons before the parents get home.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to peruvian
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
16!!!!!! Good Lord your only 6 yrs older than my oldest son... hahahaha

That does explain the high insurance....
i turn 17 june 22nd aight!! so im 7 years older than ur son not 6!!!!!!! hahahaha
peruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
I agree with a storage unit andn then some type of renters insurance for the contents of the unit. From my experience most places won't allow a bike under the stairs or anything else for that matter. I would tend to believe it has to do with the fire code of the city. Also, to me chains are too easy to remove and if it sits on display all day while everyone around is gone to work someone will find a way to take it if they want it. Summer time and kids have plenty of time to find a way to spend their afternoons before the parents get home.
i think ill rent one of those pods.... container sheds and put in the apartments and get insureance on that... i think thats the best thing to do. right?? i just want my bike to be safe.u know?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #26
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by peruvian View Post
i turn 17 june 22nd aight!! so im 7 years older than ur son not 6!!!!!!! hahahaha

Well he just turned 10 , so yeahh
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #27
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #28
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

16 and already moved out? wow...congrats to you for managing money well I guess.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #29
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
When I lived in apartments closer to work the bike stayed one night outside and I didn't sleep all night.

So I rented a storage shed at one of the storage places right on 1960. Gated w key pass, I rode and parked my car inside, had another lock for my bike in the back where no one can see me get it(of course they see me bring it out, oh well) but it was 50/month... A storage company off the beaten path will be a little cheaper.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #30
daniel-son

Bike(s):
'07 Z1000

Quote:
i have progressive and yeah all i have is liability. and i called them and asked them how much it would to include theft in my policy and she said that from 52 it would go up 2 440 which would include theft vandalism and fire. idk i just think that kinda expensive. i wanna get full coverage tho. which is the best insurance company??
Wow that is high, and it definitely has something to do with your age. Here is a thread on another forum that I started when I was hunting for the best insurance.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #31
daniel-son

Bike(s):
'07 Z1000

Out of curiosity I got a quote for a POD, and for a 6 month contract it would cost $200 to deliver to you, $140 a month, and then $100 to pickup at the end of the contract. And then insurance on it would cost something like $50 a month, and the you would need a place to put it, which might cost another $20. So you are looking at a very expensive makeshift garage. You would be a whole lot better off finding an apartment with a garage you can rent for an extra $50-or-so a month, and then get renters insurance, which should cover everything in your apartment AND garage, and if I remember correctly that costs around $50 a month. Or, go on craigslist and find a person who has a house and is looking for a roommate, and you will likely be able to use their garage and get covered under their renters insurance policy for free (and probably a lot cheaper rent then you are paying now). Just some thoughts...
Old 06-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #32
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

OH DANG! haha **** pods then.. thats way too much money..
Old 06-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #33
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Dude, go with state farm for your insurance.. I've had a policy with them since I was 15 on my ninja 250. My last bike when i was 17 cost only $105 a month with full coverage on a 2005 ninja 636
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #34
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
Dude, go with state farm for your insurance.. I've had a policy with them since I was 15 on my ninja 250. My last bike when i was 17 cost only $105 a month with full coverage on a 2005 ninja 636
yeah thats what ppl have been telling me to do. but i already got a policy with progressive. but i did it over the phone i should be getting the papers to sign, in less than a week. can i just tell em that i want to cancel it??? or some like dat?? i really dont want only liability. i pay 52 for liability and for full coverage including theft vandalism and fire. it would be around 440... thats just way to much... plus the bikes in my dads name not mine.. hes the "owner" im just the rider. i heard it was better doing it that way since im inly 16. does that make a difference in the insurance??

Last edited by peruvian; 06-12-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: adding info.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #35
Vandals
Scooter

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
yeah thats what ppl have been telling me to do. but i already got a policy with progressive. but i did it over the phone i should be getting the papers to sign, in less than a week. can i just tell em that i want to cancel it??? or some like dat?? i really dont want only liability. i pay 52 for liability and for full coverage including theft vandalism and fire. it would be around 440... thats just way to much... plus the bikes in my dads name not mine.. hes the "owner" im just the rider. i heard it was better doing it that way since im inly 16. does that make a difference in the insurance??

Ok, just get a quote over the phone. Call your ins. company and tell them you need to cancel the poilcy. There shouldn't be any problems canceling it as long as you're paid up with them.
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #36
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Im suprised no one has said this allready but...

COVER IT!

get a regular old bike cover, roll it around in the dirt, put an oil splotch on it. i have heard many stories of guys covering their 06-07's and them not getting stolen while 05's got stolen from the same apartment lots. out of sight out of mind. the human eye is attracted to bright and interesting things, like sportbikes! so cover it up with something bland, dull, and baggy and dirty. their eyes may pass right over it!

of course, IMO lojack is your best bet. you cant afford NOT to get it!

that being said, if you live in a bad hood, go for an "all of the above" approach. lock it up, cover it up, insure it, put lojack on it...and just for good measure leash a rabid wombat up to it...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #37
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
Im suprised no one has said this allready but...

COVER IT!

get a regular old bike cover, roll it around in the dirt, put an oil splotch on it. i have heard many stories of guys covering their 06-07's and them not getting stolen while 05's got stolen from the same apartment lots. out of sight out of mind. the human eye is attracted to bright and interesting things, like sportbikes! so cover it up with something bland, dull, and baggy and dirty. their eyes may pass right over it!

of course, IMO lojack is your best bet. you cant afford NOT to get it!

that being said, if you live in a bad hood, go for an "all of the above" approach. lock it up, cover it up, insure it, put lojack on it...and just for good measure leash a rabid wombat up to it...
i got lojack on it. i wanna get an alarm system on it 2.. cause lojack doesnt tell me if someones taking my bike or trying to.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #38
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

go to state farm. you can cancel your insurance any time with progressive. just call, and they will tell you to send in written notice through a fax. call Tuan or Candy. Both work at State Farm and will probaly do all the work for you cuz that how State Farm customer service rolls up in here!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #39
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
go to state farm. you can cancel your insurance any time with progressive. just call, and they will tell you to send in written notice through a fax. call Tuan or Candy. Both work at State Farm and will probaly do all the work for you cuz that how State Farm customer service rolls up in here!
yeah ppl've been saying how state farm is better and cheaper so i guess ill do that cause i want full coverage.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #40
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

get a supermotard and ride it up to your apartment....
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement