MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Chino
We need Emotional Content

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
R6's

Thumbs up My word for RideSmart Motorcycle School

Well, came back from a Sunday trackday at Cresson with RideSmart.
Let me start with the obvious, I couldn't sleep on Saturday cause of the excitment... Totally a new experience riding on the track.
RSM event organization was flawless... from the very simple indications to newbies (where to go and waht to do) to attention to riders and groups by Dave himself.
I was expecting some MILITARY environment where you couldn't miss an instruction because of riders safety but what I found was very relax and SAFE environment with knowledgeable people always caring and going the extra mile so we could get the best out of it.
The whole event was awesome... lunch and lot lot lot of water to keep us hydrated... they payed attention to riders not only on the track but also outside.
One of the best experiences I've had.... so Dave with RSM get a big A+ on my book
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recovering word doc after ms word stops brandontx Off Topic 2 08-21-2012 07:55 PM
Ridesmart Motorcycle School at TWS (Texas World Speedway) 10/15-10/16 DOUBLE HEADER! cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 111 10-18-2011 02:02 PM
Ridesmart Motorcycle School Endurance ECR Thanks! cdill35 Taking it to the Track 5 09-27-2011 12:14 PM
Ridesmart Motorcycle School - MSRH 8/20/2011 - ROLL CALL cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 99 08-21-2011 10:03 PM
Ridesmart Ty Howard School Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 09-14-2006 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino View Post
Let me start with the obvious, I couldn't sleep on Saturday cause of the excitment... Totally a new experience riding on the track.
RSM event organization was flawless... from the very simple indications to newbies (where to go and waht to do) to attention to riders and groups by Dave himself.
I was expecting some MILITARY environment where you couldn't miss an instruction because of riders safety but what I found was very relax and SAFE environment with knowledgeable people always caring and going the extra mile so we could get the best out of it.
The whole event was awesome... lunch and lot lot lot of water to keep us hydrated... they payed attention to riders not only on the track but also outside.
One of the best experiences I've had.... so Dave with RSM get a big A+ on my book
Good group of people. Enjoyed the day as well.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

How were the leathers? You didn't test 'em out, did you?
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Chino

Bike(s):
R6's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Glad you enjoyed yourself!

How were the leathers? You didn't test 'em out, did you?
Thanks for asking... and NO I didn't test them (luckly cause I had couple of OH CHIT moments)... lol
Actually, felt pretty comfortable as they were not there... well maybe cause of the adrenaline during the whole day...
A thing I noted was that I didn't sweat inside the suit as I'd expect being the day really hot and sunny... so those holes must be functional.
Again... Thanks buddy for hooking me up... now I have to get more funds to try TTD, and LMS, and LSTD and..... not enough :/::/::/:
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
you da man

Experience: 7 years

I've been out of action for the past 2 months due to a broken collar bone but I've been instructing with RideSmart in Level II for 2 seasons...my name is A.J. West by the way. I, as I'm sure David Wonders, am glad to hear the positives that are resulting from years of effort by Dave, his wife, and other dedicated staff (most of which volunteer). Safety and customer satisfaction while learning is a priority with RideSmart. I miss the instructing during this down time, especially the holiday and weekend events. It's always fun to arrive early the night before, set up, help friends set up, and to assist the newbies with questions, bike prep, and even some maintenance/repairs the night before their first trackday. I've always enjoyed the trackday family atmosphere and sharing a beer while "bench" racing. When I'm back in action stop by and say "hi". I'm usually one of the first ones at every event and one of the last ones to leave (gotta help Dave and Ha load the truck and trailer). My bike is GSXR #599.
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Which one were you? I was the only non-leather, non-sportbike rider in Level 1 that got in everyone's way all day.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
you da man

Experience: 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Which one were you? I was the only non-leather, non-sportbike rider in Level 1 that got in everyone's way all day.
I haven't been to a trackday since my crash (during a race) and injury. It would kill my feelings to have to spectate at a trackday.
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
I haven't been to a trackday since my crash (during a race) and injury. It would kill my feelings to have to spectate at a trackday.
ain't that the truth.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

the only thing that will top that is taking advantage of some tye howard schooling.i had instruction from larry myers and its a real eye opening experience.where before i thought i moved throught the track ok,im now much faster and more confident(still not FAST though,just faster).i will be taking full advantage of i for the next few events for sure..worth every penny IMHO..
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #10
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino View Post

Glad you liked it... Over the past years Dave W. & the whole crew has put in alot of hard work to change the experience to suit the customer's needs.

I'm just glad you along with other customers are letting us know how the team's doing. I was unable to attend this one...but will be there @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) in July.

Keep the rubber side down!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #11
Elistan

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51eviltwin View Post
the only thing that will top that is taking advantage of some tye howard schooling.i had instruction from larry myers and its a real eye opening experience.where before i thought i moved throught the track ok,im now much faster and more confident(still not FAST though,just faster).i will be taking full advantage of i for the next few events for sure..worth every penny IMHO..
Yup, I did the Level 3 school with Larry on Sunday. Great guy, helped me out tremendously.
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #12
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
ain't that the truth.
It does when I crashed the first session at TWS (Texas World Speedway) came back injured watching everybody ride blew chunks. I am rider not a watcher. That is why is USELESS.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #13
[poser]
"the un-original"

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

I'll be at TWS (Texas World Speedway) next weekend with Ride Smart, I'm pretty stoked!
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #14
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by [poser] View Post
I'll be at TWS (Texas World Speedway) next weekend with Ride Smart, I'm pretty stoked!
...great to hear that. We will try to make your experience (and all the other participants) as good as possible. Take advantage of the free dinner the night before.

Take care....glad to see good feedback coming to us.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
...great to hear that. We will try to make your experience (and all the other participants) as good as possible. Take advantage of the free dinner the night before.

Take care....glad to see good feedback coming to us.
Props go to you aswell...the past few weeks you guys have been on top of the game with promoting safety, track days, quizzes, and been very giving!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #16
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Props go to you aswell...the past few weeks you guys have been on top of the game with promoting safety, track days, quizzes, and been very giving!

Thanks mang. We are trying to show everyone how much the school has changed over the last season or two. It is a pleasure to participate in it.
Hope to see you there some time soon.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #17
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister

Cresson's Big Bend got me in 3rd session while I was starting to feel comfortable doing 1:36's after a long absent from track days. Repaired the clip-on and replaced broken brembo brake lever, took off the trashed bodywork and went out again street-fighter style but I took it easy the rest of the day.

The crash was my fault for pushing the bar too hard instead of leaning due to an aggressive clip-on angle which moved my body position far forward (they will be replaced). No injuries except for some bruises on left shoulder and a cherry on left knee. BTW, I think I lost my necklace with a Jade Buddha in the grass at the end of Big Bend where I crashed, so If someone venture out that part and find it, please give me a shout (there are some pieces of blue windscreen in that area), thanks.

I'll be back to doing more track days but my baby takes priority so I have to find time and resource for it.
Alstare_Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #18
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

I was doing my best to stay out of everyone's way on Sunday in Level 1:

311546349 ZX6pJ M

311546588 FuKjP M

311546942 xuYTE M

311547202 Nae8j M
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #19
Chino

Bike(s):
R6's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
I remember you... there were only 2 girls on that group and the other had white leathers....
I was on a blue R6 and blue leathers, I was pretty quite so guess you would notice.... Those pics you posted are really nice... what's the website of the photographer??
Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #20
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Here's a link to the weekend's galleries:
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...ewGallery=3392

There were three ladies in L1 on Sunday. The third was on a blue SV and was pitted with a group of guys under the shaded paddock near me.

Advertisement