MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #81
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
hey roj, was hopin to c you there.

and your right big, there are always 3 sides to a story, however common courtesy goes a long way and i was under the mis-guided assumption that the high and mighty of Houston's motorcycle world would be somewhat friendly, warm, accepting.

little like looking people in the eyes and staring at you but not speaking, maybe saying hello when people walk up to a table, not rolling your eyes and smirking.....

apparently i missed the pre-qualifier to attend the MnG. perhaps submit an essay, a biography ???

live and learn, and thanz again xrcrx and rawrie - it's always good to c you.
i still have no clue what youre talking about. seriously, i dont. im lost. :dontknow: you walked right up and started chatting with people. what did you want? for use to interrupt your conversation? where i come from thats RUDE. why didnt you just introduce yourself? there were no smirks. no rolling eyes. none of that went on. how are we supposed to know youre not "socially skilled"? for sakes man, you put on these huge meets, you take pics with strippers, why on 's green earth would we think you need help to make yourself known?:dontknow: i was looking you right in the eye because i was hoping you would make it to my side of the table so we COULD chat, but you decided to leave instead. was i supposed to chase you down? and you gotta keep in mind that there were already peeps there that were new themselves. were THEY supposed to act accordingly? you could help us out a whooooooooole lot by writing down a procedure of what you EXPECT of us behavior wise so we wont offend you. thats the only thing i can think of. :/: we all started out new at one point mang. we all had to make an effort to go out and meet people.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SE: Coffee and Chill Session Wed 15th SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 32 10-15-2008 10:27 PM
SE: Coffee and Chill Session Wed 16th SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 7 07-16-2008 01:35 PM
SE Coffee and Chill Session Wed 25th SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 41 06-26-2008 01:59 PM
SE Coffee and Chill Session Wed 4th SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 10 06-04-2008 03:38 PM
SE: Coffee and Chill Session Wed 28th SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 61 05-29-2008 06:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #82
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Saaaaweet! I'm such a badass now that I look viscious and surly even when I'm blowing bubbles with kids and using colored chalk to draw kittehs on the Starbucks sidewalk! I knew those stitches on Mogee were totally gonna turn my meek-lil-English-teacher image around.

Joker, I'm sorry you left the group feeling that way. The gathering was pretty informal--we don't usually sit around in a circle staring at kiddos playing with bubbles. I'm afraid we have no welcome wagon committee or designated hand shaker or anything. At the bigger greets Candie sometimes takes the opportunity to rub nametags on folks--mostly the guys.

Anyway, I'm pretty attuned to body language, and I didn't see anyone smirking, rolling their eyes, etc. If they were, it wasn't at you. Hang out with us there again next week and you'll see what I mean. Starbucks is da place for people watching.

I looked up a few times to say hello when you were talking with Lacy, but I didn't want to interupt. You appeared to be comfortable approaching the group and knew, at least, Lacy so it didn't seem like anyone needed to take you by the hand and generate an icebreaker. Usually someone steps up if they see an absolute noob off the in corner doing the aw-shucks-I-don't-know-anyone shuffle, but you honestly didn't look like that to me.

Hope you come again. The SE is packed with great folks, and it'd be a shame not to meet some of them after all this. Of course...Azylum ya gotta take with a grain of salt. Wait. I take that back. Azylum ya gotta take with a whole salt lick.

Sorry Mike. You know I gots nuffin but loves for ya.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #83
I Need $$$
Kickin' it old skool

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'12 Sportster Forty Eight

Send a message via AIM to I Need $$$
I feel so out of the loop and I was there. Guess thats what I get for fighting with my phone.
I Need $$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #84
toolfan91
Arrrrr

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 R6

I wish I would of seen this :(
toolfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #85
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan91 View Post
I wish I would of seen this :(
seen what?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #86
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dy Lon View Post
I feel so out of the loop and I was there. Guess thats what I get for fighting with my phone.
hot fiya?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #87
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
Saaaaweet! I'm such a badass now that I look viscious and surly even when I'm blowing bubbles with kids and using colored chalk to draw kittehs on the Starbucks sidewalk! I knew those stitches on Mogee were totally gonna turn my meek-lil-English-teacher image around.

Joker, I'm sorry you left the group feeling that way. The gathering was pretty informal--we don't usually sit around in a circle staring at kiddos playing with bubbles. I'm afraid we have no welcome wagon committee or designated hand shaker or anything. At the bigger greets Candie sometimes takes the opportunity to rub nametags on folks--mostly the guys.

Anyway, I'm pretty attuned to body language, and I didn't see anyone smirking, rolling their eyes, etc. If they were, it wasn't at you. Hang out with us there again next week and you'll see what I mean. Starbucks is da place for people watching.

I looked up a few times to say hello when you were talking with Lacy, but I didn't want to interupt. You appeared to be comfortable approaching the group and knew, at least, Lacy so it didn't seem like anyone needed to take you by the hand and generate an icebreaker. Usually someone steps up if they see an absolute noob off the in corner doing the aw-shucks-I-don't-know-anyone shuffle, but you honestly didn't look like that to me.

Hope you come again. The SE is packed with great folks, and it'd be a shame not to meet some of them after all this. Of course...Azylum ya gotta take with a grain of salt. Wait. I take that back. Azylum ya gotta take with a whole salt lick.

Sorry Mike. You know I gots nuffin but loves for ya.
lol yeah...wait, what?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #88
toolfan91
Arrrrr

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
seen what?
Wish I would've seen this thread yesterday, I would of made it out there.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #89
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan91 View Post
Wish I would've seen this thread yesterday, I would of made it out there.
oh lol. ya it was a pretty good turn out.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #90
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
lol yeah...wait, what?
It be's cool. I know I can pretty much say whatever I want on here if I just embed it in a couple of dense paragraphs. Ain't but a few of you's who even willing to read past the fourth or fifth sentence before you give up.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #91
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:

No it wasn't. I didn't make it.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #92
toolfan91
Arrrrr

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Nice, Ill make it out there next week if you all decide to meet there again
Old 06-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #93
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go! Ninja Go! View Post
No it wasn't. I didn't make it.
ya, that was the "good" part.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #94
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
It be's cool. I know I can pretty much say whatever I want on here if I just embed it in a couple of dense paragraphs. Ain't but a few of you's who even willing to read past the fourth or fifth sentence before you give up.
thats cuz some have to break out the mala-english dictionary.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #95
Corona Busa
The Hooter Girls Like it!

Bike(s):
2001 Corona Hayabusa!

Let's do it again!

I myself saw some new faces last night...yet ended up riding with them from pp1! I did'nt talk to them @ Starbux (Bay Area) but ran into them @ pp1! In general most people are shy, no harm meant to you or your friend, Joker!

I hope you don't let that bother you enough to not join us in the near future!

Hey next Wed. lets meet again, but afterwards , ride to see a friend of mine, his band is playing on Richmond strip@ "Sams Place" (not Sams Boat) its just next door! They play everything, (from Tom Petty to Prince) this guy has won 4 GRAMMYS!! (Keyboards), they are very entertaining!

541yl2v
Corona Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #96
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Mmmm I'm game for anything Corona Busa wants to do +1

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:28 AM   #97
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
Mmmm I'm game for anything Corona Busa wants to do +1
thats cuz youre gay and you wanna lick his .
Old 06-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #98
I Need $$$
Kickin' it old skool

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'12 Sportster Forty Eight

Send a message via AIM to I Need $$$
Quote:
hot fiya?
I've been known for my pyro side.
I Need $$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #99
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
thnx xrcrx and rawrie for the hospitality and i'd like to thank everyone else for the dirty looks and overwhelming skill at ignoring unknown riders... i thoroughly enjoyed all the odd looks and lack of hospitality and thought it truly spoke well of the MnG.

i was under the false assumption that this was the 'adult' crowd and as such manners weren't optional but rather required, rudeness was unacceptable and two-wheel brethren were always welcome. Sexual, the true answer to the PM i sent you as to the status of this meeting should have been closed as apparently 'my type' - whatever stereotype the masses where operating under (race, tatoos, bike, clothing, speach pattern...) were obviously and openly not welcome.

thanx again, for the malice and animosity and nice dirty looks that were levied at my friend and i. have a lovely day...

JoKeR
These chill sessions have been going on for years....YEARS. They were confined to my friends and those have become friends along the way from school or other forums. The day has changed over the years to fit with scheduling conflicts, but the once a week meetings have never died.

Joker I sincerely hope no one tossed you dirty looks. Let's address a few things, when you pulled up I said to at least one person that is someone who PM'd me with the ZX-12. You then came up and talked to Lacy and your friend did the same. You then talked to Eric and your friend sat next to me. I was about to say hello and he pulled out his cell phone. The both of you left.

My PM to you contained true words. Everyone is welcome, if everyone was not welcome then it would not be posted on a public forum. Although we are all friendly there are quite a few shy people there; I am one of them until I get to know the people I interact with. If you had approached and said hello to the group as a whole eveyone would have done the same.

Anyway you are always welcome to come anytime and as an extension of friendliness your drink will be on me.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #100
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
These chill sessions have been going on for years....YEARS. They were confined to my friends and those have become friends along the way from school or other forums. The day has changed over the years to fit with scheduling conflicts, but the once a week meetings have never died.

Joker I sincerely hope no one tossed you dirty looks. Let's address a few things, when you pulled up I said to at least one person that is someone who PM'd me with the ZX-12. You then came up and talked to Lacy and your friend did the same. You then talked to Eric and your friend sat next to me. I was about to say hello and he pulled out his cell phone. The both of you left.

My PM to you contained true words. Everyone is welcome, if everyone was not welcome then it would not be posted on a public forum. Although we are all friendly there are quite a few shy people there; I am one of them until I get to know the people I interact with. If you had approached and said hello to the group as a whole eveyone would have done the same.

Anyway you are always welcome to come anytime and as an extension of friendliness your drink will be on me.
back off riaz! thats MY man meat! im buying his drink!

Advertisement