MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #101
Hannibal

Feedback Rating: (0)

http://www.tenwestsportpilots.org/

take a look.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hydrolic press randomwalk101 Off Topic 7 07-11-2014 11:34 PM
Press Release aarongore Taking it to the Track 0 12-12-2009 03:19 PM
Press Hop ArturoC Sports 0 06-23-2009 11:09 PM
houston press train460 Off Topic 3 07-29-2006 04:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 AM   #102
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Well well didn't I just stir up the hornets nest? Looks like there are a few forum-tough guys around here.

1st lets run down some things first.

As soon as the reporter walked over to ask questions I told him that if he was doing a smear story on sportbikes, that I wanted no part of it. There is enough bad publicity out there already on us. I was telling my view of the motorcycle scene in general. There are all types of riders and types of people. Do I hate squids umm YES I DO. I canít understand for the life of me why people act a cretin way. You donít like to wear gear at all ... fine with me; just donít expect sympathy when the road chews your up. You want to do miles of wheelies down I-45 fine with meÖjust donít expect sympathy when it goes wrong and the road eats your up. There is a time and place for everything. If you were offended by my comments, than come talk to me about it and let me hear what you have to say.

Am I better than any of you, NO didnít say that. Did I? :BangHead:

I just canít stand people who make my insurance go up and who give law enforcement more incentive to jack with all of us just because we ride sportbikes.

If Iím going to be hated because of what I think thatís fine. I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for something Iím not.

Well now you know who I am, if you would like to discuss further face to face, you should have not problem finding me.
no tough guys here buddy. the reporter came over and told us that you called the guy wearin the wife beater a squid casue he didnt have any gear on. where in fact he did have his gear hanging on his bike. you open your mouth and said stuff when you didnt even look. You made it seem like when our group pulled up jsut casue we look young that means we were squids and dont know how to ride. Why casue you go to the "track" and run 2.00? Im not gonna get into whos tougher , which it seems like you think you are, from you saying "u know what i look like come find me". thats some childish . Im not the one whos gonan try to talk tough around the internet. Next time you see us "young" riders come by and say hi. we are nice people and welcome all kinds of riders ,noob, squid, pro, trackstar. It dontmatter if you like bikes and are friendly then we like you. If you act like your the then we might have a problem. Belive me some of us arent as young as you think.

Do I hate people who think they are the when it comes to riding bikes? yes.
Do I hate stupid people that do stupid on bikes? Yes.
Do I do stupid on bikes? Yes but not all out in the middle of traffic, im sure everyone has.

Now that i think about it the reporter prob was tryin to stir up. Oh well. Just dont try to be a tough guy.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:55 AM   #103
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
take a look.
meh... M-T mostly...

mostly... :eh:
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #104
nvmy04r6

Feedback Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
no tough guys here buddy. the reporter came over and told us that you called the guy wearin the wife beater a squid casue he didnt have any gear on. where in fact he did have his gear hanging on his bike. you open your mouth and said stuff when you didnt even look. You made it seem like when our group pulled up jsut casue we look young that means we were squids and dont know how to ride. Why casue you go to the "track" and run 2.00? Im not gonna get into whos tougher , which it seems like you think you are, from you saying "u know what i look like come find me". thats some childish . Im not the one whos gonan try to talk tough around the internet. Next time you see us "young" riders come by and say hi. we are nice people and welcome all kinds of riders ,noob, squid, pro, trackstar. It dontmatter if you like bikes and are friendly then we like you. If you act like your the then we might have a problem. Belive me some of us arent as young as you think.

Do I do stupid on bikes? Yes but not all out in the middle of traffic, im sure everyone has.

Now that i think about it the reporter prob was tryin to stir up. Oh well. Just dont try to be a tough guy.

Werd Din. Im 27 and I was there with those guys. We're not stupid. some of got edumucation degrees... hehehe
nvmy04r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #105
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Hannibal......what's up bud?

If you get a chance, would you post about Steak night? It's not letting me on the forum.
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #106
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
i have a question...

um... who's 10 west?... :dontknow:

we were hangin around "posers point" one time a guy comes up, said he was with 10 west, he seem like a cool guy. Didnt seem like he was the
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #107
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
everyone has a problem with motohouston people since we are the coolest largest and best board in houston....

when ur in the lead people will take a shot at u lol.... it comes with fame ....
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:02 AM   #108
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
everyone has a problem with motohouston people since we are the coolest largest and best board in houston....

when ur in the lead people will take a shot at u lol.... it comes with fame ....
:notworthy :laughing6

ur funny dude lol
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 AM   #109
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
meh... M-T mostly...

mostly... :eh:
???

M-T??

i know a few 10 westers, a few are MSF inst's as well
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:25 AM   #110
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din

I didnít single one person out that night nor did I point my finger at anyone there that night, the reporter it seams wanted emotion and hinted to the other riders that I was talking smack about the others there directly. That is not the case and there is a misunderstanding here.

Yes I opened my mouth and answered the questions placed to me, like I said earlier in the thread itís just my thoughts and my opinions. Did I say anything about age being a factor, no I did not. Age is not a factor at all.

I said to come and find me if anyone wants to come to the horses mouth so to speak and care to ask why I think the way I do. Iím standing up for what I think thatís all, and I have no problem talking about it face to face if so needed. Did I just come out and issue a physical challenge, no I did not say that either. The reporter did take my comments out of context however but Iím not apologizing for what I said.

Like I said before, do I think Iím better than anyone else on a motorcycle No I never said such a thing.

Did I say ďIím the Ē = No
I to dislike stupid people that do stupid on bikes = YES
At times I do stupid on bikes = yes we all do, thatís human nature we are all not perfect.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:26 AM   #111
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
Next time you see us "young" riders come by and say hi. we are nice people

when a new rider wants a 600rr - what do we do?... do we just say 'psht - whatevr foo' and let them go buy it?... hells no!... we do our best to convince them that they need to start out on a smaller bike...

it's the same with wearing gear - we've had plenty of riders on here man-up and admit they should have been wearing their gear after they crashed... so if you see somebody ride up to PP1 w/o gear - go fricken talk to them!... that's more constructive than just pointing at someone and saying they suck...

and folks - whether it's a mh ride that starts out @ PP1 or an hsn "spirited back roads ride"... there's always gonna be SOMEONE who's breakin some kind of law... all we can do is to try to pursued the ones who still want to be riding motorcycles ten years from now...

and sure hittin the track pipe is hella sweet... *i* made that choice b/c i had too many tickets... so i go to the track to get my jollies off like a madman... and now... when i ride the on the street - i have no desire to crack open the throttle like i used to... but that was for me...

and riding the track doesn't mean that we're better riders/people... it just means that we like riding the track... but there tons of folks i've met on here who have never done a track day and they're fricken cool peeps... yes, even our resident psycho (sometimes) alex...

my point?... is that 'hating' gets you nowhere...

if you see someone you don't know doing something stupid... go up to them... say hi... and talk to them... ostracizing them does nothing to solve the problem...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:26 AM   #112
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
I read the whole article, and was dissappointed that it didn't mention the cruiser guys that post on motohouston.

I'm glad we are famous though.

Welcome Hannibal! Stick around for a while, and come out and ride with us.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #113
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
At times I do stupid on bikes = yes we all do, thatís human nature we are all not perfect.
I AM :laughing6
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #114
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen
Hannibal......what's up bud?

If you get a chance, would you post about Steak night? It's not letting me on the forum.

Will do, it take it that it's still on Thursday night right.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #115
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Decent article even if it wasn't completely accurate. As fas as people stereotyping others, that is tiresome.
I'm sick and tired of the attitude some have that if you don't ride the track you're not . I'm even more tired of the guy who has only done a track day or two, or none, and comes off as jimmy joe bob track star.
As far as being a squid, everyone does stupid , some people just do it more often, evolution will take care of them, or maybe they'll survive it to become seasoned riders.
I agree with Henry and Chris, be accepting of all riders out there and try to help as many of them that want it.
As far as all the e-thugs with the " the police" attitude, most of you bring it upon yourself.
Don't up, don't get with, it's that simple.
I know it's a rambling rant but I'm not in a good mood, feeling like a wolverine with a toothache right about now.

Patrick
I think you put it the best

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #116
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Will do, it take it that it's still on Thursday night right.
Yep. Now that Louie and I are famous, we need to get out and meet our fans. Ya know? :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #117
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
I AM :laughing6
in your own eyes.