MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #21
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

*Edit: Hopkins DID highside in FP2 last night. That WAS his fault. But at least not in the race.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto Gp 2011 Riders omer General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-08-2011 12:53 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Kawasaki Moto GP Bike Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 02-14-2007 02:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #22
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

If DMG's proposed rules for 09 go into effect., Miladin and others will bow out IMO....
and if they do go into effect how long before we loose 1000cc SS streetbikes.
as they will be banished to a "support" class...

We lost 750's from multiple manufactures quite quickly..

No point in selling on Monday if they cannot Win on Sunday
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

You are right DMG's proposed supersport outline is insane. I think Mladin would just retire, cuz he would rather be on top easy, than have to fight it out again at his age. He has a family and business and responsibilities JOKE! Anyway, off of his punka$$. DMG could be just what AMA needs, I mean look at what they did to NASCAR, not too bad, I suppose. They will still make 1000cc's because they have WSBK. I mean MotoGP's are 800s but there isn't a clamour for 750's still. Americans like the longball. They want to see the fastest riders on the biggest bikes. Nuff said. DMG can recognize that. I think they have come off the no supersport class for 09. Anyway, there aren't any bikes sold on Monday in Houston. The stupid stealerships are closed. LOL!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #24
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

this thread is funny as shiat
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #25
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

BIGCOMBY

U THE SHAIT
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #26
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
You are right DMG's proposed supersport outline is insane. I think Mladin would just retire, cuz he would rather be on top easy, than have to fight it out again at his age. He has a family and business and responsibilities JOKE! Anyway, off of his punka$$. DMG could be just what AMA needs, I mean look at what they did to NASCAR, not too bad, I suppose. They will still make 1000cc's because they have WSBK. I mean MotoGP's are 800s but there isn't a clamour for 750's still. Americans like the longball. They want to see the fastest riders on the biggest bikes. Nuff said. DMG can recognize that. I think they have come off the no supersport class for 09. Anyway, there aren't any bikes sold on Monday in Houston. The stupid stealerships are closed. LOL!
I don't know how DMG can even try to equate Nascars success to Superbikes... They will never draw the same audience unless they get rid of the " " and go try to run a field of VR1000's. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The following is a list of their "New" Premier Superbike Class.

Aprilia Tuono
BMW HP2 Sport
Buell 1125R
Ducati 848
Ducati S4R
Honda CBR600RR
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
KTM Super Duke
MV Brutale 910S
Suzuki GSX-R750
Suzuki GSX-R600
Triumph Daytona 675
Yamaha YZF-R6

Power is limited to one (1) horsepower for every three (3) pounds of machine weight, up to a maximum of 140 horsepower.

1000cc will run ??? superstock??? or FX???

That was a old slogan that used to ring true.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #27
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #28
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
I don't know how DMG can even try to equate Nascars success to Superbikes... They will never draw the same audience unless they get rid of the " " and go try to run a field of VR1000's. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The following is a list of their "New" Premier Superbike Class.

Aprilia Tuono
BMW HP2 Sport
Buell 1125R
Ducati 848
Ducati S4R
Honda CBR600RR
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
KTM Super Duke
MV Brutale 910S
Suzuki GSX-R750
Suzuki GSX-R600
Triumph Daytona 675
Yamaha YZF-R6

Power is limited to one (1) horsepower for every three (3) pounds of machine weight, up to a maximum of 140 horsepower.

1000cc will run ??? superstock??? or FX???

That was a old slogan that used to ring true.
Nice find sean, I haven't seen that list before. Yep AMA's are certainly going to be different next year. Hopefully more exciting than the borefest it is now. And that is even according to Mladin! WSBK is where it is at as far as I am concerned. Much better racers and tracks compared to the leggo built parkinglot circuits they put up here in the states. Cones for corners is almost as ghey as people snickering at this thread.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #29
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

ZX6Racer, allow me to try to see if I can make sense of what you're asking/ stating here:

First, Hopper and Ant West ARE the "new riders" for this year. Their task is to develop the Kawasaki. When pro racers are developing a MotoGP bike, a lot of losses are expected for a certain amount of time.

The reason they are developing the bike is because Kawi has sucked hind teet for a long time in MotoGP, they have a new engine size, and they weren't having any progress with the previous year's riders in development. Yamaha went through the same process, and Honda is only now starting to get things together. Ducati was the only manufacturer last year to "get things right" with their rider and their platform.

So, when you say "they need to throw more money at it" or "they need some new riders", that is what they've done this year which should yield results next year. It's the NOTB.

John Hopkins is an exceptional rider, as is Anthony West. Every pro rider has a bad race or even a bad year, Hopper and Ant West are trying to develop an inferior machine and have also had their share of bad luck.

Regarding Hopkins' high side yesterday, how the are yall able to say that it was "his fault"??? You have no idea what they were testing, you didn't see the telemetry downloads, and for sure weren't on the bike... from my observation on the video, it looked like the rear spun up, traction control kicked in late, traction was gained whilst the bike was slidewayz, Hopper almost landed it, but was subsequently spit off. To me, it looked like a electronics malfunction, because the way that stuff works, the bike should never have spun up the way it did and when it caught up to what was going on, it made the situation worse! Dang electronics taking the rider out of the equation... IMHO of course.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #30
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
ZX6Racer, allow me to try to see if I can make sense of what you're asking/ stating here:

First, Hopper and Ant West ARE the "new riders" for this year. Their task is to develop the Kawasaki. When pro racers are developing a MotoGP bike, a lot of losses are expected for a certain amount of time.

The reason they are developing the bike is because Kawi has sucked hind teet for a long time in MotoGP, they have a new engine size, and they weren't having any progress with the previous year's riders in development. Yamaha went through the same process, and Honda is only now starting to get things together. Ducati was the only manufacturer last year to "get things right" with their rider and their platform.

So, when you say "they need to throw more money at it" or "they need some new riders", that is what they've done this year which should yield results next year. It's the NOTB.

John Hopkins is an exceptional rider, as is Anthony West. Every pro rider has a bad race or even a bad year, Hopper and Ant West are trying to develop an inferior machine and have also had their share of bad luck.

Regarding Hopkins' high side yesterday, how the are yall able to say that it was "his fault"??? You have no idea what they were testing, you didn't see the telemetry downloads, and for sure weren't on the bike... from my observation on the video, it looked like the rear spun up, traction control kicked in late, traction was gained whilst the bike was slidewayz, Hopper almost landed it, but was subsequently spit off. To me, it looked like a electronics malfunction, because the way that stuff works, the bike should never have spun up the way it did and when it caught up to what was going on, it made the situation worse! Dang electronics taking the rider out of the equation... IMHO of course.
Nice writeup Tom. You are correct about his highside. I shouldn't have blamed him. I think your assesment is correct it does look like the traction control was late engaging. Every rider has offs, when pushing the limits sometimes you go over the edge.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #31
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

According to top Guru Randy Mamola, the Kawasaki was the fastest accelerating bike in MotoGP last year but lacked in other areas!!
Over the winter Kawasaki worked hard on addressing these areas but somewhere along the line lost direction and the one thing in which they excelled.

Project leader "Yoda" I think his name is was headhunted from Yamaha and was the man behind the M1 so he will make it right given time.

Hopkins proved his pedigree last year.
Anybody that has watched West over the years on 250's, World Supersport and the rides he had with Kawa last year will be almost as baffled by his lack of pace (relatively) as Melandri's poor showing on the Ducati.

I remember reading that the Kawa electronics package is the least developed of all although that may have changed.

Me, I would sign Hayden for 2009, get him outa Honda where he's so clearly playing second fiddle and onto a bike that screams and bucks with a point to prove.
Sadly I think Westy is broken in spirit now so I'd chase the signing of Toseland or Alvaro Batist. from the 250's.

Intrigues me how the Kawa 600 AMA bike cleans up but the World SuperSport and British 600 Kawa's are nowhere
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #32
Gumby
Enjoying The Greenery!

Bike(s):
Green 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Send a message via AIM to Gumby
I agree 100%!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #33
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 AM   #34
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Need some Kawi paddok girls
Old 06-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #35
jodyhudson

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-6racer View Post
Cause Hopper cant stay on the saddle and then you got West.....well he has the positions backwards and thinks Last is First so he's killin the standings if that was the case Maybe time to start pullin people up or maybe dishing a little bit more Money to the equation. Kawasaki only has Two bikes in the running and seem like all they're attention is in AMA :/:
you obviously never watched hopper ride when he raced here in the states. ive raced against him on both 125's & a 250 so trust me... i know for a fact that the guy is very fast and consistant. i think its retarded how a guy like you who has never even been on a race track can & moan about his present performance. why dont u get of ur and try it urself... u are called "ZX-6racer" right ? well bring ur to the race track and lets see how fast & consistent u are
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #36
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap View Post
Yeah, Hopper is a rider... it has nothing to do with the fact that his bike is the least developed bike in the paddock and he constantly has to ride on the absolute limit.

How long have you been following MotoGP?
dude... ur on crack ! there isnt a crappy rider in motoGP. just because they arent runnin up front every weekend doesnt make them a "crappy rider". these are the best the world has to offer and ur gonna say they are ? u got sum ! what ? u can do better ?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #37
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
dude... ur on crack ! there isnt a crappy rider in motoGP. just because they arent runnin up front every weekend doesnt make them a "crappy rider". these are the best the world has to offer and ur gonna say they are ? u got sum ! what ? u can do better ?
i think he was joking about hopper being a crappy rider.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #38
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrStar View Post
i think he was joking about hopper being a crappy rider.
i see that now... duh ! i guess i should wake the up before i start postin
Old 06-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #39
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
all i know is hopper should of never left suzuki.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #40
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
According to top Guru Randy Mamola, the Kawasaki was the fastest accelerating bike in MotoGP last year but lacked in other areas!!
Over the winter Kawasaki worked hard on addressing these areas but somewhere along the line lost direction and the one thing in which they excelled.

Project leader "Yoda" I think his name is was headhunted from Yamaha and was the man behind the M1 so he will make it right given time.

Hopkins proved his pedigree last year.
Anybody that has watched West over the years on 250's, World Supersport and the rides he had with Kawa last year will be almost as baffled by his lack of pace (relatively) as Melandri's poor showing on the Ducati.

I remember reading that the Kawa electronics package is the least developed of all although that may have changed.

Me, I would sign Hayden for 2009, get him outa Honda where he's so clearly playing second fiddle and onto a bike that screams and bucks with a point to prove.
Sadly I think Westy is broken in spirit now so I'd chase the signing of Toseland or Alvaro Batist. from the 250's.

Intrigues me how the Kawa 600 AMA bike cleans up but the World SuperSport and British 600 Kawa's are nowhere

Rumor is he will be on a Ducati next year, adding a new sat team.

Advertisement