MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
greentegr6
B.S.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000 RR
93 CBR 900 RR -FOR SALE- 2000
SOLD-2002 GSXR 600
RIP- YAMAHA R6

Send a message via Yahoo to greentegr6
*** need help with my 900RR ***

whats up family, I need you guys advice/help. I just bought a cbr 900(93 model). well the bike has 29, miles on it and not sure if its ever been tuned.

the bike starts up everytime, my problem is that when i try to hit full throttle in 2nd gear or 1st. it bogs a lil and hesitate. like its kinda struggling to pull out the power.

I know that its really happens in 3k-4.5k rpm. I have not yet tried to get it any higher than that. with fear of damaging the motor.

the bikes oil seems fine even though i know i should be changing it. only mods the bike has is a d&d exhaust and i believe a k&n filter. not sure if the bike has any jet kits.

well my question is, does anyone know what could be causing the bike to bog and hesitate when trying to open full throttle. Or, does anyone know a respectable shop that can look at my bike without charging me a arm and leg. thanks guys
greentegr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1993 900RR pimp2303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 07-29-2009 07:52 PM
900RR Stolen!!! Da9tegra General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 02-12-2009 01:12 PM
My 900RR GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 07-25-2007 12:30 AM
Brianna, Me, and the 900rr Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 06-26-2006 06:08 PM
Chrome 900rr Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-11-2005 03:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

sounds like it is one or 2 things main thing i would think it is would be that the carbs are out of sync (take it to a shop to get it done)

2nd thought would be that it is flooding itself out either the jets are too big or you need to roll on the throttle not just gun it

Motorcycles Unlimited is a good shop to take it too if you are on the northside

or Javi if you are on the Westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Pulling from that low in the rev range is going to get you some "bog" anyway, but it could be TPS, could be dirty injectors, lots of "could be's".

Metric Motorcycles in the Heights- in house dyno tuning

Motorcycles Unlimited on the North side

Only two places to bring your bike for work IMHO.

Be aware though, you're going to pay for it. Maintaining a motorcycle is not cheap.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
98_900RR

Bike(s):
1998 Honda 900RR: K&N, Stage 1 Jet kit,MVR Slip on,-1/+3.

Send a message via MSN to 98_900RR
if you dont have a jet ket it will make you run rich which in turn will foul out your plugs, trust me been there done that, not fun. i'd say your plugs are fowled (mine was doing the exact same thing till i changed plugs and jetted it) or your carb needs tuning. If its the plugs i feel sorry for you, its a major inconvience to change them, at least it is on my 98. you have to pull the gas tank, the air box ( both top and bottom) your HT coils, unplug your pulse generator, and move the heat sheild out of the way, better have a 6" ext., a 5/8 spark plug wrench and i have a 24" grabber for lost bolts, works great for lifting the spark plugs out vertical b/c my spark plug socket wont grab them, also helps restarting them as if you start to cross thread them this thing wont let you. first things id check are to see if you have a jet ket, if not fix it pronto, check for fowled plugs, and last but def not least check your carbs for proper mix/synch.
98_900RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

*edit

If it's carbureted, it could be vacuum leaks, or it could be a dirty fuel petcock, there's lots of "could be's" with that too.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
ROADandTRACK

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Those bikes won't hesitate if jetted correctly, so:\

1. you have dirty carbs if you have the stock pipe still on it.

2. you have dirty carbs and/or it is not jetted correctly.

This is assuming that the batt. does not need recharging every couple days, in which case it is something different.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

clean the carbs.

search Youtube for carb cleaning if your not sure how to do it...
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Pulling from that low in the rev range is going to get you some "bog" anyway, but it could be TPS, could be dirty injectors, lots of "could be's".

Metric Motorcycles in the Heights- in house dyno tuning

Motorcycles Unlimited on the North side

Only two places to bring your bike for work IMHO.

Be aware though, you're going to pay for it. Maintaining a motorcycle is not cheap.
I took my ZX9R to Motorcycles Unlimited for carb work in 06 synched and running great.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

im betting its a combination of carbs dirty or u said it has exhaust and possible filter if so this engine is now moving some air and needs to be rejeted and probably some sort of vacumm leak i know my bandit with stock jetting and stock everything ran perfect until i got the pipe and pods. it really opened up the engine and now i jumped way up on the main jet and lifted my needles. or it could just take the bike awhile to warm up.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
greentegr6
B.S.

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000 RR
93 CBR 900 RR -FOR SALE- 2000
SOLD-2002 GSXR 600
RIP- YAMAHA R6

Send a message via Yahoo to greentegr6
yea the battery is fine. I took my gsxr to Motorcycles Unlimited once before. I might just have to take it back to those guys again.

this is my first carb bike so not to sure on how to adjust the carbs or sync/mix them. that may be a job for m/u.

I tried to roll on the throttle as well and same results. as far as plugs. i can change those. I removed the tank last night. just didnt have the tools.

thanks for the quick response.

I hope patrick doesnt mind me asking but how much will you charge just to check it out and see whats wrong. you can pm me if you like.thanks big time
greentegr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement