Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #21
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

+1 to Patrick, always looks out for me. Top notch !

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defensive Driving Courses for Motocycles? ThomasNinja650 Off Topic 41 06-02-2009 11:28 AM
Down grade? GABRIEL How To's and Q & A's 64 02-16-2009 04:16 PM
oil grade pester How To's and Q & A's 6 12-06-2008 11:32 AM
first-grade bigjay77 Off Topic 6 05-23-2007 05:54 PM
I Passed the first grade!!!! Ramius Off Topic 2 01-18-2006 01:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2005, 07:06 PM   #22
Txlonestar
Private Pilot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (sold)
2003 ZZR600 (wrecked)
99 Ninja 500R (sold)

Send a message via MSN to Txlonestar
Ive had both of them work on my bikes. (even though I only had them for a short time) Andy's specialty is suspension. That man can make a bike stand on its back tire and tango after hes done with it. The main problem I think he has is he doesnt have the number of extra mechanics that Patrick does. Still anything that doesnt come out right he will make right. Id gladly go to either one of them. Patrick just has a bit more help than Andy does though I think hes working on that.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:54 PM   #23
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Tony, thanks for the kind words. Both Andy and Patrick are first-class shops, I'm still not sure how Andy managers the turn-around times he does (usually matter of days, if not less) with only one other mechanic..

As for the "clutch" guy - I am reposting my answer to your thread in tech and know how forum in case y'all missed it there and were wondering what the real story was.

Ok, kiddo, I understand your frustration but let me share the third side of this story given I was there that Saturday when you called.

Andy did your motor work several months ago. And did a good job. Then you call him that Saturday and tell him that you were pulling wheelies when your clutch let go, but wouldn't/couldn't bring it to the shop because you are such a great mechanic yourself and wrench on your own stuff all the time. Ok, fair enough. Then you called him a dozen time that day asking about how to pull the clutch out, what to look for, how to install it. And THEN, after having him talk you through all that on the phone for nothing, you have the gall to call him from some Yamaha dealership and ask whether he should bring the bike to Andy.

So let me get this straight. You blow the clutch pulling wheelies, which has NOTHING to do with motor work done several months before, then you pull it apart and reinstall it incorrectly all the while blaming it on the shop but not giving them a chance to inspect it or stand behind their warranty, then you waste their time getting free advice all day and you STILL take it to another dealership - what the did you expect him to say?!

If you were a man about it you would have gone by the shop and actually talked to him face to face and sorted it out like a man, instead of breaking something, being too afraid to admit your own incompetence and blaming it all on someone else. Metric ALWAYS stands behind its work, whether it is suspension, motor or anything else, and if you treat them with respect they will go out of their way, above and beyond their duty, to make sure you are on the road safe and sound. Taking advantage of their time and then taking your bike to someone else without even giving them a chance to look at it is disrespectful to say the least, and smells of fraud to me.

My $.02 from someone who actually witnessed the whole thing. Now be a man and call him, 713-334-8030 and work it out. The rest of you are welcome to call him in person as well and find out for yourselves. There are few people in this town, let alone mechanics, who are as honest to the point of stupid as Andy is.
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Well well well.... the truth comes out.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:55 PM   #25
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Well well well.... the truth comes out.

that story doesn't sound like the andy i know... i've never had any probs like that...

he even checked in with me twice by phone after my front suspension job - and i had told him at the shop that the bike was p-e-r-f-e-c-t!... i've experienced nothing but the best customer service from metric motorcycles...

so whatever the circumstances efmang, you should just go down to his shop man and sort it out... b/c like lil squid said - andy always stands by his work...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #26
RedRider
Ride Red...please

Bike(s):
1997 CBR 600

I must admit that the work Andy has done for me was top notch, he even stayed late at the shop one night because I couldn't get off work and over to the shop before closing time. Oh and he also got me a nice deal on my helmet so +1 for Metric
RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:19 PM   #27
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
patrick hooked me up real good ... i like his service....
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto

that story doesn't sound like the andy i know... i've never had any probs like that...

he even checked in with me twice by phone after my front suspension job - and i had told him at the shop that the bike was p-e-r-f-e-c-t!... i've experienced nothing but the best customer service from metric motorcycles...

so whatever the circumstances efmang, you should just go down to his shop man and sort it out... b/c like lil squid said - andy always stands by his work...
And he is one of a competitor on a mini. :icon_bigg

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #29
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Ive been to Metric Andys a good guy I dont see him doing anything to mess your clutch up but happens I prefer taking my stuff to Grand Prix Motoring they treat me right everytime my thanks for out to Evan,Nick and John for all there Help

Last edited by Prodigy; 10-29-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #30
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T
i have no probs with any shops... I just know that taylor had a clutch prob before he took off the cover and a shattered clutch doesnt come from wheelies. Maybe taylor should have brought it to metrics first, but a diagram doesnt lie. The clutch was installed wrong. Either way if i have a clutch prob on maybe a future bike or any other probs. My bike will be seeing patrick.
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #31
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
+1 for patrick. He is acticve on this board and seems like someone that is very trustworthy. On a side note his tire changes are hella cheap too.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #32
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid
Tony, thanks for the kind words. Both Andy and Patrick are first-class shops, I'm still not sure how Andy managers the turn-around times he does (usually matter of days, if not less) with only one other mechanic..

As for the "clutch" guy - I am reposting my answer to your thread in tech and know how forum in case y'all missed it there and were wondering what the real story was.

Ok, kiddo, I understand your frustration but let me share the third side of this story given I was there that Saturday when you called.

Andy did your motor work several months ago. And did a good job. Then you call him that Saturday and tell him that you were pulling wheelies when your clutch let go, but wouldn't/couldn't bring it to the shop because you are such a great mechanic yourself and wrench on your own stuff all the time. Ok, fair enough. Then you called him a dozen time that day asking about how to pull the clutch out, what to look for, how to install it. And THEN, after having him talk you through all that on the phone for nothing, you have the gall to call him from some Yamaha dealership and ask whether he should bring the bike to Andy.

So let me get this straight. You blow the clutch pulling wheelies, which has NOTHING to do with motor work done several months before, then you pull it apart and reinstall it incorrectly all the while blaming it on the shop but not giving them a chance to inspect it or stand behind their warranty, then you waste their time getting free advice all day and you STILL take it to another dealership - what the did you expect him to say?!

If you were a man about it you would have gone by the shop and actually talked to him face to face and sorted it out like a man, instead of breaking something, being too afraid to admit your own incompetence and blaming it all on someone else. Metric ALWAYS stands behind its work, whether it is suspension, motor or anything else, and if you treat them with respect they will go out of their way, above and beyond their duty, to make sure you are on the road safe and sound. Taking advantage of their time and then taking your bike to someone else without even giving them a chance to look at it is disrespectful to say the least, and smells of fraud to me.

My $.02 from someone who actually witnessed the whole thing. Now be a man and call him, 713-334-8030 and work it out. The rest of you are welcome to call him in person as well and find out for yourselves. There are few people in this town, let alone mechanics, who are as honest to the point of stupid as Andy is.
one word.

givemesomemoremasterowned

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #33
paniro187

dude i can't believe he sat there and talked you through the clutch on the phone and taking time out of his day and work to with you that shows major character and how good of a guy he is in doing that. I would have told you to off instead of getting free advice if you need help get on the net. don't go ask a shop to basically take time and money out of their own pocket to help you fix your bike. also if you want to stunt you need to learn to do yourself cause you'll always befucking up. I took my suspension to andy and he did a bang up job on it. I was so happy with it I could have myself. i know motors and that lot but i don't know suspension and worth a . i attempted it but in the end i took all the pieces to andy and said with it. and he sorted it out. next time you dog a shop have your straight first. i don't think people know the they do to peoples rep when they let go of like this on the board. especially when the shop did nothing wrong.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 10-29-2005 at 03:07 PM.
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #34
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

how was he owned??? efmang never took out the clutch only took off the cover and yamaha pulled them out part by part in front of his face. They were put in wrong. no way or excuses for that.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #35
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Yup. Taylor never pulled the clutch plates out at all. Just the cover.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #36
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i was there when he crashed and told him to take it to metric. he didnt want to do anything with the bike(repair it himslef) so i dont see how a few bolts were missing unless they werent put back when the motor was out. i think thats why he didnt want to take it back to andy and got when the clutch was re-installed wrong.

same thing i would have done. andy is a cool guy but accidents happen when your the only one doing all the work and working crazy hours.

honest mistake.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #37
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
i don't think people know the they do to peoples rep when they let go of like this on the board. especially when the shop did nothing wrong.

So then who the would install everything backwards or in the wrong order? its not like Taylor rebuilt his own engine when he wrecked. And even if the clutch plates shattered from his wheelies, Yamaha was aware that they were installed wrong by what was left of it.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #38
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

honest mistake....

andy runs a great shop and so does patrick. fair prices and great customer service :notworthy
Old 10-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #39
AdamC

I agree, I had my suspension adjusted for me today at Motorcycles Unlimited, I brought it in this morning and even though they were busy they took care of Jesse and I quick.

Feels alot better.
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #40
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

werd