MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #41
mojo
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 R6

If you are worried about your safety and decide riding is not for you.

You could get a smart car they go 90mph and get up to 50mpg which is better than what I get on my bike mileage wise. They also have really high crash test ratings.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why will they not DiE!!!!!! DNGRMOUSE Off Topic 46 12-04-2009 02:04 PM
How will you die? Helios Off Topic 51 06-21-2009 08:07 AM
Do you think you would die if.... Ramius Off Topic 38 03-23-2006 07:00 PM
DO IT OR DIE... rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-01-2006 04:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #42
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by themutt View Post
....Am I going to die? I mean seriously, look at this site. It scares the out of me. RIP here and CRASH there. I consider myself a relatively capable, aware driver, but wow that's a lot of hurt people. I have a family and stuff now so I'm trying to weigh the "want factor" against the "not wanting to end up under a truck factor".

anyone want to chime in?
Well you ask for opinions.....Nobody knows if you are going to die riding a bike. When your time comes, that's it, you are gone but nothing is a coincidence. When you die is because your mission in this spiritual level is done/completed. Worst thing than die is getting pretty bad hurt and spent months in an Hospital.

250cc class bike is a great choice to learn and will be a great commuter, just be sure to set aside money for good gear (leather jacket, riding pants, riding boots and a good helmet). Be always alert and you will be fine.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #43
robbskittles

Send a message via Yahoo to robbskittles
ol nike moto....just do it yo! when it's your time it's your time...be safe
robbskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #44
level5
moving chicane

Welcome to the forum.

Riding a bike is fun and save you money on gas but there is danger and risks involved. People get into accident all the time in cars/trucks. That's a huge mass not to miss but accident happens everyday. For you in a little bike, they will definitely have less chance of seeing you like you weren't there. My point is, everyone that rides or drive will get into an accident sooner or later. Bike vs. car = car wins, rider seriously hurt. Is this worth $1000 per year in saving gas money?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #45
NR7

Bike(s):
07 cbr 600rr

Send a message via Yahoo to NR7
asking all the bikers that r u gonna die from riding a bike?? little funny..when the time comes u will die even u r sitting in the car. jst becareful when u do every single things. ppl can die anytime anywhere doing anything. so...gear up and ride a bike like the way u drive a car.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #46
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Riding a bike is fun and save you money on gas but there is danger and risks involved. People get into accident all the time in cars/trucks. That's a huge mass not to miss but accident happens everyday. For you in a little bike, they will definitely have less chance of seeing you like you weren't there. My point is, everyone that rides or drive will get into an accident sooner or later. Bike vs. car = car wins, rider seriously hurt. Is this worth $1000 per year in saving gas money?
I agree riding a bike to save money isn't that smart of an idea. Riding for FUN is where it is at the gas savings is just a byproduct. Thinking about it the way I ride I bet I get worse mileage than I do in a car.
But I have alot more fun.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #47
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #48
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
Its not if its when. You will go down. I will go down. Just wear the gear and hope like you get to walk away.

and welcome to the nut house.

I have a wife a 3 snot nosed boys. They get a hug before i leave and hug when I get home. You never know when it will happen. I could fall over dead while writing this.... man I feel ba..............................
i chuckled

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #49
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

log onto houstontranstar.com anytime of the day and i guarantee you will see at least 4 automobile wrecks (cages) given that most motorcycle accidents happen on weekends and at night and you have taken your msf brc you should drive a motorcycle. if you are using it for work i guarantee youll get the bug to ride more on weekends holidays maybe even nights, so its really up to the big boss in heaven when youll pass.....

Last edited by DanteLee; 06-03-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added text
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #50
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee View Post
so its really up to the big boss in heaven when youll pass.....
Amen.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #51
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
so did he die yet?

just checking

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #52
themutt

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08 Suzuki sv650sf (totaled!)

Send a message via AIM to themutt
whoa thats a lot of replies. skimmed through most of them, haha no I'm not dead yet.

Funny to read all the people pushing me both ways. Anyways, I'm putting careful consideration but leaning towards getting a bike simply because I want to, on top of the benefits. I've decided not to make the decision until after I take the Awesome cycles class. At least that way I know I'm not making an impulse buy.

for those of you saying my gas bill is cheap for a month, thats simply mon-fri gas not to mention driving my other car on the weekend and my wife driving to college during the week (shes stay at home, full time student, full time in my wallet ). In the end I would be making enough in gas savings for the bike to pay for itself almost (on paper, in theory). I like parenthesis.

I feel a little better and a little worse after reading. But my travel times are usually outside of rush hour and I know back ways to stay completely off of the highway if I need to so that influences my final decision too. Whatever I do, thanks a lot for the input.

I know I'm going to die, I'm not worried about dying. Rather, I guess I was just curious as to what my chances were. It would be better to know if bikes are safe from a rider than from a salesman
themutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #53
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by themutt View Post
whoa thats a lot of replies. skimmed through most of them, haha no I'm not dead yet.
This forum is 24hr active. You get your answer in about a minute not days.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement