MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
My CCS Hallett thanks!

Another great weekend for us Texas boys up at Hallett this weekend. I was able to bring home two wins, and two thirds with no crashes... definately a good weekend! My biggest thanks goes out to Meril and Manu Maman from Texas Track Days, wow, talk about a stand-up group of guys who care and are willing to take care of their people! They didn't help, they GOT us to Hallett and put us up for two nights. I was on cloud nine, so if you guys wanna go ride somewhere that your not only gonna have fun, but learn, and be properly cared for Texas Track Days is the only way to go. Secondly is my teammate Trevor Berber who has my 600 working unbelievably well (congrats on your finishes Big Dog). David Roy from North Texas Superbikes for again providing me with a set of tires that I couldn't even get to spin unless it was wet! Weslie Eastveld for showing me around the track, and putting a ton of information into my head that I wouldn't be able to get from anybody else... I appreciate every little thing guys, and I hope to be able to bring home some more big trophies this year. See you at The World.
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hallett Thanks! Dr. Gonzo Taking it to the Track 3 08-15-2010 10:36 PM
hallett thanks... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 45 08-13-2009 01:14 AM
Hallett Thanks!!! Dr. Gonzo Taking it to the Track 42 05-20-2009 05:11 PM
CCS Hallett Carpool? aviation1st Taking it to the Track 3 05-28-2008 02:53 PM
Hallett thanks Gabe Taking it to the Track 17 05-22-2007 07:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Congrats on your wins!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Awesome Dustin! Congrats on your wins!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Way to go Dustin! It's hard to find better guys than Meril and Manu!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

You did work son! Nice...
Old 06-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
DustinJ

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

979 C
CMRA Expert #979
Old 06-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Cant wait to race with you at world....

Ill see you on the 7th tho
Old 06-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
DustinJ

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Awesome, can't wait to race you again either Chris!
CMRA Expert #979
Old 06-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinJ View Post
Another great weekend for us Texas boys up at Hallett this weekend. I was able to bring home two wins, and two thirds with no crashes...
Hate to bust but the CCS results are posted.

The results show that you were the only entrant in the races you won. In the other two races you were 3rd out of 3 and 3rd out of 4.

The largest sprint bike grid had 8 riders. There were 62 riders total for 25 classes for an average of ~2.5 riders per class.

Congrats on taking the grid. It's a very large step to begin racing and a few more large steps to become successful at it!!

But in the interest of honest reporting, perhaps more facts should have been shared.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #10
DustinJ

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Awesome man I know how many people were there, and I made the trip. Sorry nobody else did for me to beat. See you at the next one.
CMRA Expert #979
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
trevito510

Send a message via MSN to trevito510
I'm glad to see that someone is using their High School algebra. Man, I thought that it was a waste of time. If I would have known that one day it could be used to "bust " on a internet forum I would have paid more attention. The simple fact is that Dustin did bring home two first place trophies and two 3rd place trophies (not plaques with little tags). He did make the long trip to Hallett from Houston, that shows dedication which also brings success. A Win is a Win! He made the trip and for those that didn't missed out.

"Thats all I have to say about that" (Forest Gump)

Great Job Dustin
CCS Expert #51
CMRA Expert #551
Texas Track Days Instructor
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevito510 View Post
The simple fact is that Dustin did bring home two first place trophies and two 3rd place trophies (not plaques with little tags).
I'm not defending anyone here, but I have some plaques with little tags on it for race wins. I'm pretty proud of them too. Is there some kind of problem with that Mr or Mrs "trevito510"?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
DustinJ

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

I'm not gonna sit here and start any matches. This is my first year as an amateur roadracer (only about 8 months of consistent track days), and my lap times aren't far off RonnieH's, and at Cresson and OHR I am running the same times as him. So to sit here and try and belittle my results, especially since you don't know me from a hole in the wall is a bit presumtuous. A majority of people here will vouch for me, and know me, my skills, and my goals very well. I've done 2 race weekends in my lifetime, and was happy to be on the the podium in 7 out of 8 races; there is nothing wrong with me stating my exuberance. I'm not scared to sit here and say who was there, how many people, and where I was. On my first time at that track with 5 DRY practice laps, and about 10 wet laps I was able to run consistenly in the high 27's and do what I had to for some points. So we'll leave it at that, and if anyone else has a problem with me, or my results please take it up privately because I have no qualms with stating the facts.
CMRA Expert #979
Old 06-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #14
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie H. View Post
Hate to bust but the CCS results are posted.

The results show that you were the only entrant in the races you won. In the other two races you were 3rd out of 3 and 3rd out of 4.

The largest sprint bike grid had 8 riders. There were 62 riders total for 25 classes for an average of ~2.5 riders per class.

Congrats on taking the grid. It's a very large step to begin racing and a few more large steps to become successful at it!!

But in the interest of honest reporting, perhaps more facts should have been shared.
Ronnie....

CMRA #106
Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #15
trevito510

In defence of a fellow racer/friend

No problem with Plaques with little tags, I just think that a trophy might be a little better. Maybe one day I will actualy get one or the other.
CCS Expert #51
CMRA Expert #551
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
This is my first year as an amateur roadracer (only about 8 months of consistent track days), and my lap times aren't far off RonnieH's, and at Cresson and OHR I am running the same times as him.
Dude, you should attend a race with Ronnie and then talk about being able to race with Ronnie.

While I'm not "belittling" your "win", you aren't going to beat Ronnie Hay, no matter how you compare lap times.

A couple of race weekends and a few months of track days does not a racer make. While you may see some success, and that's a good thing, you're biting off a bit more- no a lot more- than you can chew by comparing yourself to Ronnie and his ability. No matter who "vouches" for you.

I'm sure you're a good guy, but come back to reality.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevito510 View Post
No problem with Plaques with little tags, I just think that a trophy might be a little better. Maybe one day I will actualy get one or the other.
Well, to each their own. I don't race to "get a plaque" or "get a trophy" just so I can brag about it. People with low self-esteem do that. The plaque or trophy signifies an accomplishment. It could be a sticker on a piece of paper for all I care, I know what I did, and the accomplishment is mine.

Just like Dustin is proud of his weekend, and he should be, people who do these things for bragging rights or to show off are doing it for the wrong reason IMHO.

To each their own I guess.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #18
DustinJ

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Look tomLSTD, I have no problems with you OR Ronnie. I never said that I could beat Ronnie, just stated a fact that our laptimes are similar at some tracks. That is all, and feel free to go back and see if that is a lie or not. Also, back to presumtions, you have no idea why I race or my level of devotion and motivation to this sport. This sport is my life, I eat, sleep and dream this stuff. Day in, and day out. I work to support this, and my level of dedication to this and meeting my goals is my only priority. I'm not gonna sit here and fight with you guys, but let's make this clear. Neither of you were there to see my races, nor have I seen either of you race. I'm glad you guys have accomplished what you have, that's great, I respect anyone who has the to get out there and do this. I have ambitions too, and I'm not here to be a show-boat, or toot my own horn. I am probably one of the most humble racers you will meet. This is my life, and I'm doing everything within my power to make my personal goals into a reality. So I look forward to racing with you at some point, and hope your "careers" continue in an upward direction, because I won't let mine go in any other way.
CMRA Expert #979

Last edited by DustinJ; 06-03-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #19
trevito510

I believe the original post was to give thanks, not to start an arguement about who's is smaller. I believe that your right that racing for a plaque or a trophy is probably not a good reason to do so. If that were the case I would have quit a long time ago. I race because I love it and I'm sure you do the same.
CCS Expert #51
CMRA Expert #551
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #20
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
This is my life, and I'm doing everything within my power to make my personal goals into a reality. So I look forward to racing with you at some point, and hope your "careers" continue in an upward direction.
Take your feelings off your sleeve man, you're the only one making presumptions by ASSuming that you're being attacked.

Ronnie simply showed that the races you "won" were "won" against no competitors. It is what it is. I'm not saying he's right for pointing it out, but people would see that anyway.

For the record, you're no different than any other racer getting in to the sport, or staying in the sport. At one point or another, we all lived/ live our lives for this sport. As for me, that fleeting moment lasted about 3 years at first, and was rejuvenated about 5 years ago at a different level.

Good on ya for putting forth the effort though, I'm sure if you keep on working you'll do just fine

Advertisement