MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Italian Moto GP SPOILER

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=32635

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto GP San Marino, Italy spoiler joeburt1 Taking it to the Track 8 09-15-2014 12:37 PM
moto gp winner spoiler jimmy"zx6 Taking it to the Track 20 07-03-2007 09:51 AM
*** SPOILER *** Todays Moto GP (Did you see it!) Racer X 05 Taking it to the Track 10 06-04-2007 10:36 PM
moto gp spoiler CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 141 10-18-2006 11:47 PM
moto gp spoiler TWISTED METAL Taking it to the Track 18 05-20-2006 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

I'm scared to look...

I think I'll wait until this evening and just watch the race.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Man what in the heck makes Rossi so good!?
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

good to see the Texas tornado doing alot better this year
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
SCRC John

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Man what in the heck makes Rossi so good!?

Bridgestones...lol

No really, just pure talent. A rider like him only come along every so often. Everyone tries to say this guy or that guy is the "next Rossi", but until he retires, I doubt you will see anything as good as him as far as a rider goes. Jorge is a very talented rider no doubt, but once the "regulars" get there setups fine tuned and get there head around the new tires....watch out.

John
Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
Bridgestones...lol

No really, just pure talent. A rider like him only come along every so often. Everyone tries to say this guy or that guy is the "next Rossi", but until he retires, I doubt you will see anything as good as him as far as a rider goes. Jorge is a very talented rider no doubt, but once the "regulars" get there setups fine tuned and get there head around the new tires....watch out.

John
I should have known that what coming!

John in all seriousness, I bought a front 120/70 at GSS the other day for my XR650R motard and it handled so well I really want to get serious about getting a rear from you. It way out performs the Shinko rear I have on it.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
SCRC John

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
I should have known that what coming!

John in all seriousness, I bought a front 120/70 at GSS the other day for my XR650R motard and it handled so well I really want to get serious about getting a rear from you. It way out performs the Shinko rear I have on it.

It was fun riding out there with you, between the rest of the motard guys and Jody, I want a bad!!.

Just give me a call when your ready for that rear.

John
Old 06-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
It was fun riding out there with you, between the rest of the motard guys and Jody, I want a bad!!.

Just give me a call when your ready for that rear.

John
Yeah same here. It makes really hard to get back on my street bike for a week or so after riding it.

Okay I'll call you.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 06-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Bridgestones...lol

John
Really!!
3 of the top 5 were on the stones
My fav right now.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #10
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
I'm "officially" switching over to `stones now from serious loyalty with Michelin after 2 years - street/track/race.

John H - thanks for the BT002s this weekend.

I currently got them on 2 of my SMs, 2 of my street bikes, and now will have them on the 636 aswell

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 AM   #11
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Bridgestones...lol

John

Rossi is a once in a life time rider.
I think in years to come, if not already, history will look back on him as the greatest ever.
He's lit up the sport since I first saw him as a gangly teenager on the little Aprilia 125.
He's conquered 125, 250, 500, 990, 800's, tyre management, electronics and brand switch in both bike manufacturer and tyre company.
Agostini may have had more GP wins but the competition back then was nothing like as close or as ferocious as it is nowadays.
To watch Rossi ride in the flesh is simply a lesson in flawless precision and execution. He doesn't look as fast as some because he makes it look so easy.
See him while you can, retirement beckons.

Back to the race,
did you catch Stoners rear step out as he clipped the edge of the track now that was scary.

saddest bit for me was an interview with Nicky just before the race,
he looks broken in spirit and was trying so hard to appear upbeat and positive,
Sadly I can't see him in the Repsol seat next year.
Kawasaki maybe??????????
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
saddest bit for me was an interview with Nicky just before the race,
he looks broken in spirit and was trying so hard to appear upbeat and positive,
Sadly I can't see him in the Repsol seat next year.
Kawasaki maybe??????????
Man, I feel for the guy, truly. I know he's got the talent, he just can't get the setup right and the right tire combinations. Nicky is a pure racer- he's not the kind of guy who needs or can even use the electronic "don't let me crash" that's going on those bikes. Nicky is a grip it 'n rip it kind of guy, and that doesn't mesh well with the electronic counter measures these electronic bikes have.

Come on home Nicky and run the Maladin plan of being rich and famous!

Regarding Rossi, I think he IS a more accomplished racer than the great Agostini for all of the reasons you mention (I might be cast to Hades for that statement... ). As far as the "greatest" talent the race has ever seen? Yeah, I could go with that. Comparison with Rossi is akin to the hockey world always comparing the next upcoming kid to Gretsky. There is some glimmer of that rare talent, but it never really materializes.

I enjoyed the race, and loved the way Edwards progressed throughout the race! I also really liked the way Toseland was riding, King James is a real up and comer who will no doubt see the podium soon, possibly this year. I think Edward's race wiin- probably WITH pole position the way he's be qualifying lately- will come this year, probably at Laguna or Indy. Gotta do it before the home crowd!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
strat1701
dainese poster boy

Bike(s):
06 ZX6R

I'm glad he got ahead of Dingo! I was worried that he'd run away because he got such a good start. Good race all in all. Yamaha does have their stuff together this year. Hayden was up in 4th early on I think, but something must have happened to his tyres or something, he finished 12th I think. Hopkins crashed out again. That's 2 DNF's in a row for him. That sucks.

Whoever said "see him while you can, retirement is imminent" (regarding Rossi) I agree with that. That's why I'm goin to the Indy race. My take on Rossi and his future. He'll renew for one more year with Yamaha, but only after he gets another win I think, despite he's 90% certain now. I suspect if he wins the Catalan GP next weekend, he'll sign the paperwork sunday night. IF he reclaims the title from Dingo, he'll be after Agostini's all time win record and will stay in for that as long as it takes. If he doesn't win the title back, he'll do one last year in 09 , get as many wins as he can, and then retire. He has my vote for greatest rider of all time.
strat1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Rossi is the chit, i am happy that DINGO (lol) is back
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

great ride by de Angelis
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #16
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

I watched this last night on motogp.com, great race! Not so much in the 1-2-3 spots after Rossi started pulling away but the rest of the field was very entertaining.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
I watched this last night on motogp.com, great race! Not so much in the 1-2-3 spots after Rossi started pulling away but the rest of the field was very entertaining.
I enjoyed the entire race. It was very interesting to see the riders who fell back, and the riders who moved through the field. Good race all the way around.

I wonder who is going to hang with Rossi now? Lorenzo will probably not be much of a factor until he's completely healed methinks.

I have a gut feeling that Edwards is going to take Laguna AND Indy... maybe...
Old 06-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
strat1701
dainese poster boy

Bike(s):
06 ZX6R

Well Dingo did win Laguna last year and Mini-me placed second there in 06, I expect both of them to rival Lorenzo at Laguna and Indy. The only thing against Lorenzo there is the fact that he's never seen either track before. Dingo and Mini-me have. Hayden's bike is so poor this year it's a shame not to have him in contention for Laguna and Indy. One can hope that by that time HRC gives him something better to be more competitive but its obvious that they are putting all of their time, effort and resources into Mini-me. I would love to see Edwards win either Laguna or Indy. Hopkins won't be a factor on the ninja at either race imho. He may know Laguna decently, but the kawi GP project needs a lot of work in so many areas. I've got track days this weekend so I can't watch the race live as normal! Catalan GP should be a good one too, last year Rossi and Dingo duked it out down to the last lap.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #19
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat1701 View Post
Catalan GP should be a good one too, last year Rossi and Dingo duked it out down to the last lap.
Can't see that happening this year. As good as Stoner did at the last race, he's still very dejected and looks whooped. A lot like Hayden, but for a lot less reason than Hayden has. , I'm sure Hayden would give his left nut to be where Stoner is right now....

I think Stoner thought this year was going to be a run-away repeat of last year, and didn't think that anyone was going to give him much of a run.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #20
strat1701
dainese poster boy

Bike(s):
06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Can't see that happening this year. As good as Stoner did at the last race, he's still very dejected and looks whooped. A lot like Hayden, but for a lot less reason than Hayden has. , I'm sure Hayden would give his left nut to be where Stoner is right now....

I think Stoner thought this year was going to be a run-away repeat of last year, and didn't think that anyone was going to give him much of a run.

I agree with that, he does look like a sad dingo. :( I think they (ducati) underestimated everyone answering their +10hp top end they had last year. Sure the little red bike from Bologna still may produce the most HP, but the Honda and M1 have proven that the Duc is still not the best in cornering, and Honda and Yamaha certainly have answered the Duc's top end, proving that they can keep up on the straights, and with a capapble rider, out brake Dingo and get into the corner ahead of him and the fabled ducati just hopes to regain them again on the straights. Dingo will give it all though and at least you can say that his title defense isn't starting off AS BAD as Haydens was. He didn't even make it to the podium last year until Brno I think. Dingo's won a race and podiumed twice, far better than Hayden this point last year. His title defense was a joke, but not his fault.

Advertisement