MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 06:01 PM   #21
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I say make helmets a requirement.

Seatbelts are equipped in all cars, helmets arent equipped on bikes, but our helmets are the equivalent to a seatbelt. If we by law have to wear our seatbelts, then why not have to wear helmets?

I don't care whether someone wears their helmet or not. That is their deal, however, the ones who crash without the helmets and die are probably a good percentage of the people who raise our rates. Helmets for the win.

$.02

-Gary

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tired of this cough pester Off Topic 17 11-09-2013 11:06 AM
tired Slovy Moto Insurance 1 04-04-2013 12:34 PM
i am tired. zerobounds Off Topic 4 09-19-2010 01:31 PM
Sick and Tired SPYDER BITE Off Topic 36 10-09-2008 04:18 PM
tired of seeing riders down OMEGA General Discussion (Moto Related) 79 04-23-2008 06:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 PM   #22
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

wow!!! I was thinking the very same thing earlier. I am tired of reading all of the rider down and RIP threads, but ya know what... I am not going to sit around and whine, , moan or gripe about it. I look at the thread, say a silent prayer for the people and move on praying that one day it won't be me that my friends are reading about.

Then as I am getting ready for a ride, whether it be short or long... I make my personal choice to gear up or not.

And as I am riding I decide whether or not I want to speed or stunt or act an out there.

If/when I do make it home to be with the ones I love, I am thankful that I made the right decisions so that I can live to ride another day.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM   #23
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Luckily after Jan. Obama-Clinton will fix that with universal health care.
I hope the universal healthcare comment was a joke...
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #24
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

ok I'm tired of reading all the rants since they are worthless cept as a safety valve for the ranter. as for the hemet law you are actually required to wear a helment at all times while riding if your under the age of 18 and those over 18 must wear a helmet while riding unless they have met the insurance requirement and have a special sticker on the motorcycle, now as to if its enforced or not well I think that falls under the same type of bs attitude that cops have about sportbikes chase it and it'll run

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #25
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
wow!!! I was thinking the very same thing earlier. I am tired of reading all of the rider down and RIP threads, but ya know what... I am not going to sit around and whine, , moan or gripe about it. I look at the thread, say a silent prayer for the people and move on praying that one day it won't be me that my friends are reading about.

Then as I am getting ready for a ride, whether it be short or long... I make my personal choice to gear up or not.

And as I am riding I decide whether or not I want to speed or stunt or act an out there.

If/when I do make it home to be with the ones I love, I am thankful that I made the right decisions so that I can live to ride another day.

Very well said Pam! Last night was the first time I have ridden street in months and I couldn't believe how timid I was! With so many people going down it all kinda sits in the back of your mind!

Please be careful out there people!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #26
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
ok I'm tired of reading all the rants since they are worthless cept as a safety valve for the ranter. as for the hemet law you are actually required to wear a helment at all times while riding if your under the age of 18 and those over 18 must wear a helmet while riding unless they have met the insurance requirement and have a special sticker on the motorcycle, now as to if its enforced or not well I think that falls under the same type of bs attitude that cops have about sportbikes chase it and it'll run
+1. alot of people surprisingly don'y know it's against the law to ride without a helmet. for some reason,cops don't mess with the hd guys,which is why they are somewhat laxed about sportbikes.

there's nothing you can do about people going down. as someone said it's destiny. i think when purchasing a bike froma dealer,they should make it to where as you have to atleast have your permit to ride with someone with a M endorsement.
mightymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:11 PM   #27
level5
moving chicane

Does everyone here like to be told what to do????? Wear the seatbelt, wear a helmet, smoke in the designated area, don't do this, don't do that...... Isn't this suppose to be a FREE country????? If everyone of you whiners out there pushes for more laws, we might as well call this country something else. This is the land of the so call FREE.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #28
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Does everyone here like to be told what to do????? Wear the seatbelt, wear a helmet, smoke in the designated area, don't do this, don't do that...... Isn't this suppose to be a FREE country????? If everyone of you whiners out there pushes for more laws, we might as well call this country something else. This is the land of the so call FREE.
I completetly understand what your saying but I think the examples I bolded are in the best interest of people.

I was born with asthma and I have allergies. I get headaches when around most cigarette smokes. I apologize to the smokers, I will no longer. I will just adjust my life to your unhealthy habits because its not fair for yall to adjust your unhealthy habits to our healthy (non-smoking) habits

Old 05-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #29
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

theres a thread like this every year right before summer hits. you can set your clock to it.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #30
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Very well said Pam! Last night was the first time I have ridden street in months and I couldn't believe how timid I was! With so many people going down it all kinda sits in the back of your mind!

Please be careful out there people!
that's cause a fiddy handed you a beating,lol....j/k.. don't keel me
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #31
LilRedMamma

Bike(s):
Honda CBR 929

I'm just irrated that cars get away with hurting bikers and dont get punished....i had just met brad sims before he died, but he was a brand new biker...brand new bike...and it wasn't his fault that he died....he was over by fountainview....he had just left asi where i had just seen him...he was with a group of people....and he wasn't speeding....he wasn't ng around....a car cut him off, he tried to go faster to get past the car but ended up hitting the curb and crashing into the stop light....the car that cut him off got away and it me off....especially since afterwards people who didnt even know what happened started talking about him.... he was only 20....he wasnt acting stupid...yet because of that dumb driver...he lost his life
LilRedMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #32
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedMamma View Post
he wasnt acting stupid...yet because of that dumb driver...he lost his life
And I lost an old friend.

I went to his viewing on Thursday. Very tragic. But does happen.

I think I'm throwing in the towel for street riding. Not just b/c of this and other friends, but for MANY other good reasons

Old 05-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #33
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybikes View Post
I say make helmets a requirement.

Seatbelts are equipped in all cars, helmets arent equipped on bikes, but our helmets are the equivalent to a seatbelt. If we by law have to wear our seatbelts, then why not have to wear helmets?
This is where you are wrong.:/:

Seat belts are designed to keep your behind the wheel. So in the event of evasive manuavers you will have a better chance of controlling your car/truck and not take out other people or property.

A helmet is only designed to reduce the impact of your head and some other object.
CMRA Novice #825
CCS Amateur #805
LONGHORN MOTORCYCLE SCHOOL
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:51 PM   #34
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

people that want to ride stupid are going to ride stupid. nothing you can do about it, and I don't knowhow you make stiffer penalties if they are dead...
Old 05-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #35
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
well im gonna take this to the mayors office and see what's the deal on his thoughts about it,i say you get caught,no class m insurace,no gear ,your bie is impounded till you aquire the stuff you were
ticketed for,or if in an accident,released after outcome. and as far as selling to peeps without propper stuff, i say a huge assets fine. but as for cagers i say the same to them as well. so im just ranting because all these threads that shouldn't be there,what happened to the happy,Good news threads?
People lick you make me SICK. I'm coming up on 30 years of riding with NO MSF under my belt. Yet you want to legislate MSF. That utter BS. When will people like you get it through your thick skulls, you can not legislate common sense.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #36
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
People lick you make me SICK. I'm coming up on 30 years of riding with NO MSF under my belt. Yet you want to legislate MSF. That utter BS. When will people like you get it through your thick skulls, you can not legislate common sense.
wow i guess you're cool then. i hope im not like you.lemme asshat. i guess you don't care about others safety or yet their lives,you need a hug old man. or a girlfriend . changes can be made.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #37
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

I'm all for mandating MSF, and upping the penalties for driving without a licenses or insurance. While you can't mandate common sense you can at least teach people how to safely ride a motorcycle. I have to take a hunter's safety course to get my hunting license, how is a motorcycle, in the wrong hands, any less dangerous than a gun?
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #38
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post

Seat belts are designed to keep your behind the wheel. So in the event of evasive manuavers you will have a better chance of controlling your car/truck and not take out other people or property.

A helmet is only designed to reduce the impact of your head and some other object.
I'm sure that a helmet offers absolutely no protection/benefit whatsoever when that bird, beetle, rock, trash/debris that some let fly out the back of his truck, etc. smacks you in the head and causes you to lose control of your bike amidst a road full of other people and property...
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #39
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
well im gonna take this to the mayors office and see what's the deal on his thoughts about it,i say you get caught,no class m insurace,no gear ,your bie is impounded till you aquire the stuff you were
ticketed for,or if in an accident,released after outcome. and as far as selling to peeps without propper stuff, i say a huge assets fine. but as for cagers i say the same to them as well. so im just ranting because all these threads that shouldn't be there,what happened to the happy,Good news threads?

more government in our lives.. Great idea.

Bill White will listen to ya too. IF it means more revenue for the city, he'll be on board FO SHO!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 PM   #40
av8_r22

Bike(s):
2005 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post

?

Maybe on a fvcking forklift. If what you're saying is true, why do the passengers have them?

Advertisement