Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #41
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i get that too... so i rode David's 750 on the track... did 5 sessions... I was mad that i spent $100 on it. then someone says, well if you aren't hooked do it 2 more times and you will be. that's like saying i know you don't like cocaine, but take a few more hits til you get used to it then you'll get hooked. I don't get it, it's not for me

I get so F'n sick of reading that sh*t posted on here every day..... "Track day this" or "Track day that"...... or "Spend your money on a track day" or "learn to be a better rider with a track day" or instead of buying some nice bolt ons etc its "First money you should spend is on a track day" lastly "you can't ride your bike to its full potential until you do track days" blah blah F'n blah.....

Maybe some of us don't want to wad our every weekend and turn our nice $10k bikes into beat up looking track whores...

Would I like to ride A bike on a track? I want to take a chance on scratching up my perfect fairings or pipes because I want wanna be a Matt Mladin.......NO...

Does that mean I can't handle my bikes or I shouldn't mod them because I haven't done a track day?

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street ride/stunt ride Wend night. JRxGRUBZx Events, Meets and Rides 12 09-05-2013 02:27 AM
street ride JRxGRUBZx Events, Meets and Rides 5 03-01-2013 01:32 PM
street ride miguel!! Stunters Lounge 13 05-23-2010 09:24 PM
Friday fkn 50 ride for all you "gangsta's" that like to ride street & lots ANTISOCIAL Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 35 05-02-2009 05:03 PM
street ride PowerSurgeD Stunters Lounge 46 01-12-2009 12:48 PM
Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #42
This Flip Rides Nekkid
Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

When I did my first track day last March, I had a blast! I loved it, and can't wait to ride the track again. But by no means does that imply I lost any interest whatsoever in riding street. I love riding. Period. And motorcycling in general encompasses everything to me. It goes beyond the physical act of just riding a machine on 2 wheels. I know what it does for me, and to those of you who advocate track only, with an added "Why?" as if we just don't "get it" or are "missing out" on what real riding is about: we can ask the same of you. "Why not?" and maybe you just don't get it.

Point being: We all have our own reasons to love motorcycling. You have yours' and we have ours'. There's a reason I ride a Naked, and it's directly related to where I ride my bike 99.9% of the time. But there's nothing wrong with someone who rides a hardcore sportbike on the streets, either. And has been mentioned earlier: Even if they are just posing... so what? I can't believe there's a single one of us who are or were not "posers" at some point(s) in our riding lives. Truth be told, though, that the only time a "poser" bothers me is when they are doing it while actually riding on the bike, and not paying attention to their riding, but rather on whether or not you are noticing them riding (squid).

We're all motorcylists, though. I do advocate that if we choose to be a motorcyclist, we need to take the sport seriously and responsibly (especially when actually riding), for your safety as well as others who share the road with you.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote