MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #21
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerscasa View Post
I thought it was a riding technic. Think of walking on a balance beam or a tight rope. You hold your arms and legs out to help shift your weight quicker. Troy Baylis is the master at this IMHO.
Thats what I was thinkin and maybe incase they lose the front. Seem like they do it the most when comming in hot.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
same corner TONS of crashes *video link inside* mekrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-08-2010 03:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #22
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerscasa View Post
I thought it was a riding technic. Think of walking on a balance beam or a tight rope. You hold your arms and legs out to help shift your weight quicker. Troy Baylis is the master at this IMHO.
Could be, I'm just going by what I've read. I don't personally think it has anything to do with technique, but , I don't ride at their level or anywhere near it, so I guess anything is possible.

I seriously doubt any of them do it "in case they fall", I think they're all smarter than that.

The braking forces and foot movement when downshifting causing the foot to come forward like that makes total sense to me.

If I ever get to that level of riding, I'll let you all know
Old 05-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #23
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Ive done it on several occassions. Going hot on the brakes and instead of freaking out and disrupting the setup for the corner keep it dangling and stay smooth.