MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #41
dirtyjerzy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
go ask BDMTX what his bills were, i bet close to $1/2mil. if you call that negligible. i'd like to see your paystub.

i have ins. also, but it would be cheaper if we didn't have to pay to fix people M/C or not.

you can blame drug co's. but hospitals are closing shop more from fixing un-insured people then drug cost.

I guess you're right. The reason I say negligable is because motorcycle injuries cost roughly 10 billion(don't quote that number) and over all health care cost in the trillions, so when it comes down to it you would be getting maybe 14 pennies put back in your pocket.
dirtyjerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't believe they aren't wearing gear. M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 01-20-2011 09:42 PM
Explaining to friends and lvoed ones, the importance of wearing gear ChrisGo General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 11-02-2009 09:09 PM
not wearing gear socplay50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 03-09-2009 09:25 PM
Wearing your Gear when not riding Hades General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 05-21-2008 11:45 AM
Well Made Ad For Wearing Your Gear! CubanGIXXER General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-22-2008 09:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #42
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
And you think someone with no insurance gets all those skin graffs and everything on our dollar if at all... well then i'll just cancel my insurance and let you pay next time I need to visit the hospital. Most hospitals that give care to illegals or whomever doesn't have insurance and can't pay cash do it through programs. These programs are paid for through donations not your insurance.
You think Ben Taub does all that just on donations? Well I guess if you consider the sky-high cost of various things during a hospital visit as 'donations' then maybe.

<shrug> I see Racer X touched on that...

Let's consider.. a car accident. Broken nose, no meds presribed, no x-ray... drove my self in. Doc looked at it, said we cant do anything for it, let it heal on it's own. Cost? $500.00
Be very thankful for the insurance you do have...
Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #43
dirtyjerzy

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You think Ben Taub does all that just on donations? Well I guess if you consider the sky-high cost of various things during a hospital visit as 'donations' then maybe.

<shrug> I see Racer X touched on that...

Let's consider.. a car accident. Broken nose, no meds presribed, no x-ray... drove my self in. Doc looked at it, said we cant do anything for it, let it heal on it's own. Cost? $500.00
Be very thankful for the insurance you do have...

Yeah I get it already... I wish I wasn't too lazy to look up the actual numbers because I'm willing to bet that the money I lay out on uninsured motorcyclist is near nothing. It's not worth my time!
dirtyjerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #44
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

keep beating the horse...
Old 08-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #45
coojo
Uber Newb

Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250

i just like keeping my bike and health insurance down, as well as preferring to see ', that sucks his bike is screwed' rather than 'i hope my eyes were playing tricks on me and that was a royally screwed up second motorcycle i just caught out of the corner of my eye and not a body bag'. Kinda ruins some of the fun on the trip to galveston....
Old 08-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #46
Hades
Underworld

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
**05 Repsol** gone :(
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita