Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't believe they aren't wearing gear. M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 01-20-2011 09:42 PM
Explaining to friends and lvoed ones, the importance of wearing gear ChrisGo General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 11-02-2009 09:09 PM
not wearing gear socplay50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 03-09-2009 09:25 PM
Wearing your Gear when not riding Hades General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 05-21-2008 11:45 AM
Well Made Ad For Wearing Your Gear! CubanGIXXER General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-22-2008 09:48 PM
Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Feedback Rating: (0)

2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

I wear my gear !! & that's that !
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Originally Posted by pester View Post
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Who pays the medical bills for the broke-a$$ 's that get hurt/get hurt worse because they were not wearing gear???
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Because I dont want to roll up on someone hurt and being me I would get out and help just because of there stupidity and have my son or anyone elses children see something that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet and not riding around with it on the side of the bike.
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
02 Tona
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

2002 Daytona

^^^^^^ i know i know meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghea d:

Yall fuggers are making my insurance go up.
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
You have been warned!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
^^^^^^ i know i know meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghea d:

Yall fuggers are making my insurance go up.
This too is my only .

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
moving chicane

Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
yall are cute... not really get over it and move on. you guys should get dressed real nice and hit up the biker bars tonight... I'd prefer say one where the banditos or hells angels go =). let em shut yall up for good.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
Ominous Misanthropia

2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
I ride all my gear all the time and I frankly don't care about other riders not wearing their gear. I assume they have a pretty good health insurance and as long as they are not with me it doesn't really bother me.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #9

2003 R6

Send a message via AIM to Dcar89
I wear mine all the time, I dont let anyone whitout gear ride whit me, SQUIDZ!!!!!!!!
Dcar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

'02 Honda VFR800

Originally Posted by JET View Post
Honestly, after the past couple of years, I say to each his own.
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
LSTD Mob Cappo
Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Originally Posted by JET View Post
Honestly, after the past couple of years, I say to each his own. If I do infact roll up on someone that doesn't have gear on and they wreck. More than likely I wont help them, they didn't care enough to help themselves to wear proper riding gear why should I care for them. I guess after being around for a few years and hearing and seeing things you become numb to the situation. The part that me off, is there the ones with no health insurance, so we get to pay for them, they 50% if not more of the time have no bike insurance and if they do have either or both. They still cost the statistics to go up, which causes MY insurance to go up. So em if there stupid and squid it up. If you have gear I will be more than happy to help, if not I will just pull over and laugh at your dumba$$.

And that friends, is a textbook example on how to tell a lie on the BBS!

I agree with you on the insurance though.

Don't worry, Barrack Hussein Obama and Slick Willie's "Wife" will fix it all for you with their health care plans!

Of course, it won't help you, because you're "rich" and make more than $20k/ yr......
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #12
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

05 FZ1

... I reserve the right, to comment on and make fun of anyone I feel like at any time. :-) that end, I tend to focus more on how they ride/behave on the bike as opposed to what their wearing. <shrug> But the worse you ride, the more you REALLY need that gear. :-)
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #13

2003 R6

Send a message via AIM to Dcar89
Spoken like a true squid
It doesnt matter how good or bad u are always happens
Dcar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #14
Destiny's daddy!
Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 2 years

2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

I don't mind seeing a squid as much as some do. I do think and cringe @ the fact that my rates go up b/c so many people ride carelessly, but do get irritated when the rider is geared up ( for him/her) but the passenger has maybe a helmet, or worse nothing @ all...if we were talking about vehicles I could go on and on about how unsecured kids me off! But I digress.
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
GQ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #15

'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
riding naked works well for me. People will actually see you. it's just like that commercial.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #16

What makes me mad is the chick riding pillion, hanging off the back wearing nothing but a crack...

I'm glad I've never seen it, but what a fu@kin mess they must make when they come off.

HighsideDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #17

2005 SV650S

- Emergency workers have to put up with a lot of already. The difference between gear and no gear could be the difference between loading up someone who might make it or having to get a shovel and scrub your face off the cement. This can be traumatizing, even to people that have been emergency workers for a while. Being willing to put someone through that by not doing something as simple as wearing gear is incredibly selfish. And MANY of the firefighters and EMTs are here are volunteer. Do YOU want to have to see that or go through cleaning up what's left of a rider with no gear on?
- When you crash with no gear, and create all kinds of medical bills that you wouldn't have if you were wearing gear, and the insurance companies have to pay for them, rates go up. If it were up to me, you wouldn't be covered or would have to pay extra to be covered if you're not wearing gear. That way, your irresponsiblity doesn't affect everyone else. Pretty soon, health insurance won't cover motorcycle accidents.. and it's going to really me off
- Our image as a group is hurt by stupid bikers. I'm not usually the first one to care what other people think about me, but in this case, it can affect us a lot. If people see irresponsible riders doing stunts on public roadways, speeding excessively, wearing no gear, etc, they're going to feel negatively about us. That's going to hurt us if there's any kind of motorcycle-related measure on a ballot, when we need assistance of some kind, or when when they see a position in a lane that they want and dont' respect us enough to give us room, etc. The result of the general public having a bad opinion of riders can have many, many negative consequences.
- Families. I hate to hear about a family or know that there are families out there dealing with tragedy but YOUR stupid didn't wear gear. When you die, other people suffer. Period.
- We care. I, personally, and many others, care enough about other people to try to encourage them to wear gear. The attitude in biking communities, such as this one, that people who don't wear gear are stupid, "squids", newbies, etc WILL get more people wearing gear. It's happened with me, and many others. (When I first got my bike, all I wore was a half-helmet and jeans.) When they realize that a lot of really experienced and/or skilled riders look down on them for their lack of gear, they're MUCH more likely to start wearing it. Peer pressure, my friend.
av8 r22

Last edited by av8_r22; 06-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
av8_r22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #18
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

PPL that ride with no gear are the reasons why insurance is so expensive!!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:41 AM   #19
The Chosen One
Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

lol. i get a kick out of people who say "my insurance is so expensive because of yada yada yada". NO, the reason your insurance is so expensive is because you RIDE A MACHINE THAT WILL DO 160+ MPH FROM THE FACTORY AND YOU CANT SEEM TO CONTROL YOURSELVES ENOUGH TO NOT GET TICKETS. that, and you need to shop around. there are people that get full coverage cheaper than you would get on a car. oh, and its also because YOUR BIKE WILL HIT SPEEDS IN EXCESS OF 160 MPH.

oh and did i mention that YOU RIDE REALLY FAST BIKES?

im all about gear as well, but quit worrying about what everyone else is doing. you want cheaper insurance, choose a slower bike and a different life style. quit blaming everyone else.
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #20

2002 Katana 600

While I am not an EMT just yet (I test in a few weeks) I have worked with EMS for a bit. Gear or no gear doesn't make that big a difference out here in the Lake Jackson / Angleton / Sweeny triangle. If you go down on a bike and your injuries are serious enough guess what you get... a hefty air med bill. We have no LVL 1 trauma centers here to handle said rider.

My personal feeling is that riding is dangerous enough as it is, why increase the risk of getting hurt by not wearing gear. While I might give someone a little ribbing about no gear, its your choice. But when I do get off is when people who don't wear gear give those of us who do static.

I seen it just the other day. A group of squids were sitting at Buc-ee's and the most gear any of them had was a helmet. A guy pulls up on a CBR1000 and he has on full gear. It was hot as outside and I know the guy was sweating his off.

Any who he gets off his bike and starts to pump gas. The group of squids start calling him a loser and chicken and all sorts of other for wearing full gear. But being the better man he simply walked over and pulled his jacket off and showed them his road rash scar from when he didn't wear gear. They shut up, but still don't wear any gear as I see the same group all the time.
Phatso is offline   Reply With Quote