MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #21
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
yeah, sold it about 2 months ago. some dude flew down from chicago and rented a penske truck and towed it home. nice guy. got what i wanted for it. went and blew it on a harley the next day. d'oh! lol!
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more regulations: NOC urbanXJ The Circus 2 07-20-2010 02:49 PM
Government Regulations for the soul FKNA The Circus 66 10-20-2009 05:18 PM
DB bars orderd. Mr. Unassailable Stunters Lounge 15 05-24-2007 10:33 AM
CMRA regulations kid yamaha Taking it to the Track 7 03-21-2007 05:01 PM
question about my DB The Menace General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 03-15-2006 09:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
yeah, sold it about 2 months ago. some dude flew down from chicago and rented a penske truck and towed it home. nice guy. got what i wanted for it. went and blew it on a harley the next day. d'oh! lol!
contrary to what most feel about harleys ive recently began to appreciate them and SOME cruisers in general.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #23
you da man

I dont think any of the Texas tracks have a dB limit...or at least in the 7 years I've been doing trackdays/racing haven't seen it posted anywhere. My image of Laguna Seca has changed since I've found out they have a rediculously low dB restriction (as with any fun in California)
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #24
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
I dont think any of the Texas tracks have a dB limit...or at least in the 7 years I've been doing trackdays/racing haven't seen it posted anywhere. My image of Laguna Seca has changed since I've found out they have a rediculously low dB restriction (as with any fun in California)
The CMRA has/had Db restrictions, but I've never seen them enforced. I don't even know if they're still in the rule book or not...

There's ways around Laguna's restriction too as I've heard from some guys who've gone. Apparently, you can just clutch and roll for a second in that spot to defeat it. I wonder though.

Regardless, good decorum should tell people that their bikes are obnoxiously loud.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #25
you da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
The CMRA has/had Db restrictions, but I've never seen them enforced. I don't even know if they're still in the rule book or not...

There's ways around Laguna's restriction too as I've heard from some guys who've gone. Apparently, you can just clutch and roll for a second in that spot to defeat it. I wonder though.

Regardless, good decorum should tell people that their bikes are obnoxiously loud.

Years ago there was a first generation SV running only the header with a mid-pipe...NO muffler/silencer. Scared the ba-jesus out me everytime.
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #26
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
Years ago there was a first generation SV running only the header with a mid-pipe...NO muffler/silencer. Scared the ba-jesus out me everytime.
I was talking to Jody about the "Vinyl Edge" 600RR that lost it's muffler in front of me coming in to turn 7 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) about 4 years ago. Scared the out of me with that instant shrill shriek. I think Ronnie Lundsford kicked it (the muffler) off the track on the next lap around, but they stayed out there with no muffler. It was killer on the front straight- and not "KILLER MAN!", more like "ahhhhh, I'm dieing from the sound" killer...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:33 AM   #27
DirtyRed

Mid-Atlantic tracks are pretty aggressive about enforcing Db levels too.

I remember a dude with a straight pipe came through tech at at VIR a couple a years back - he passed tech (not sure how), but they got him at pit out, sounding like a freight train. I think they gave him a TD credit, but he was kinda pissy about getting kicked off the track,
DirtyRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement