MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

RideSmart Track day - May 26 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - Follow Up

Those who did not get a chance to attend, we all had a blast.
The day was great, weather was perfect too.
All the feedback I gathered so far was very positive.
I am glad you guys enjoyed the event (I know I did - if only those legs wouldn't hurt the day after).

I am curious how many of you got a chance to take pictures of different riders.
It would be very nice to get some emails exchanged so the riders could get some of those pics.

Sound off if you attended the day, and let us know your experience.
Keep the rubber parts pointing down, and ride safe - RideSmart.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ridesmart Track Day - TWS (Texas World Speedway)-College Station - 6/20 - Follow Up!! cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 77 06-29-2009 07:01 AM
Ridesmart Track Day 5.10.09 - TWS (Texas World Speedway) - Follow Up cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 05-12-2009 12:53 AM
RideSmart Track Day CORNER WORK @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - May 26.2008 Ridesmart General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-19-2008 02:17 PM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
RideSmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) track day - follow up Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 21 03-26-2008 04:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Ridesmart

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...73#post1214673

My opinion is right in that linky above.

Had a great time and can't wait to get back out there. Lots of friendly folks. I would love to see pics if anyone has them to share. I still plan to get the set from the photo guy and when I do I'll post em here =).

thanks ridesmart for a having a great staff and making it possible to be able to go out and do what we love in a safe environment. Oh and the cheeseburgers at the concession stands were pretty good. almost yakked it up on the track because i was so hot but it was all good lol. it buffed out

...glad to see you had fun...and that you decided to keep your burgers to yourself (as opposed to sharing them with others on the track) lol.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Speaking of burgers - Dave piled burgers & Gatorade in a box, put it in his lap on the mini, and rode lunch out to the CWs so we could get the riders back out onto the track faster than us all coming in, waiting in line, eating, then going back out.

Way to go Dave the waiter!

I've got a few pics (just the last session or two of the day), but anyone that wants me to look for them needs to include more info than just the bike model - I'm lame and can't tell the difference between an R1 and a CBR! Color of the bike, number plate, leathers/helmet color, etc.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
^^are yous erious... Dave did that? ha ha that rocks
Yup. I just assumed he'd have a car or truck drive him out to deliver it, so it was funny to see him balance all that in his lap on the mini with a full backpack, walkie talkie going, and all!
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
slo_rdr

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

Hey squeak,

did you get any of the bike in my avitar? (no idea what numbers were on there) Gear would have been the same except the helmet has red tribal on it.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
MANSON6

Bike(s):
2005 636

I had a blast ran level 4 in the morning, But decided since I crashed about 2 trackdays ago I still wasn't up to par in running with the big dogs so I wen't back down to level2 to stay out of everyones way. I just havent gotten all the bugs worked out of my head and sometimes when I see a rider go down in front of me it freaks me out and I slow down, So rather then getting in peoples way i went down to level2 and ran with some buddies of mine the rest of the day.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
slo_rdr

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

I thought I saw a MonsterEnergy Kawi in line ahead of me at one of the lvl two outings. I didn't get a chance to meet you, -didn't see your bike in the paddocks. Where do you usually pit at?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #8
MANSON6

Bike(s):
2005 636

That was me, I was in level4 in the morning, and then around lunchtime I dropped back to level2. I was holding allot of guys up in level4 so I moved back down. I was in the first garage closest to the concession stand. I was with about 12 others from San Antonio. I thought for sure I would be able to shake off my crash from Labor Day but for the life of me when I would see someone go down it just messed with my head allot. Allot of my buddies told me I used to be really hard to pass last year, But I guess 3 wrecks in a two year period has taken it's toll on me and can't get focused on running that fast anymore. Not to mention the fact that a buddy of mine went down last month in turn 1 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and just now got out of rehab from severe head trauma, I guess allot of that was wheighing on my mind also.

Last edited by MANSON6; 05-27-2008 at 10:22 PM.
MANSON6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 AM   #9
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_rdr View Post
Hey squeak,

did you get any of the bike in my avitar? (no idea what numbers were on there) Gear would have been the same except the helmet has red tribal on it.
33?

302415383 Ue8th O
Old 05-28-2008, 02:04 AM   #10
06gsxr1000pg

Bike(s):
2006 Gsxr 1000

squeek...did you get any shots of the second to last session?
06gsxr1000pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:05 AM   #11
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
33?
That's weird. I was 33 too. white & black gixxer with the hot pink headlight and taillight tape.

-Curt
Old 05-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #12
06gsxr1000pg

Bike(s):
2006 Gsxr 1000

what level were you in mxgs?
06gsxr1000pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #13
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gsxr1000pg View Post
what level were you in mxgs?
Level 2.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #14
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
Wide Glide - Harley - Sold
TTR90
SV1000
What to buy next.....Hmmmm

I was out in level 1, first track ride ever. I am hooked. I was on the black tribal 2005 cbr 600rr that is in my avatar. My green number four, and my rented leathers were black and orange Honda. If you have any pics that would be great. Good to see you out there Curt, it always makes me feel better when I see a familiar face. My wife says after she met you, " He was very polite and freindly, nothing like what I expected " . I think if I tell her someone drags their knee and rides like a bat out of she expects that they are all bat crazy jackasses.
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #15
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
TTR90
SV1000

Does anyone know how to contact the guys that were taking pictures out there? RideSmart? I emailed Dave Wonder, nuttin yet from him.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub View Post
I was out in level 1, first track ride ever. I am hooked. I was on the black tribal 2005 cbr 600rr that is in my avatar. My green number four, and my rented leathers were black and orange Honda. If you have any pics that would be great. Good to see you out there Curt, it always makes me feel better when I see a familiar face. My wife says after she met you, " He was very polite and freindly, nothing like what I expected " . I think if I tell her someone drags their knee and rides like a bat out of she expects that they are all bat crazy jackasses.
I find that most of the motorcycle folks are quite friendly and willing to lend a hand or advice. It's a refreshing change after spending 10 years in the car side of things; in that environment people weren't nearly as approachable.

It was great to see you there so soon after the forest ride. The track has been a great place for me to learn. I think of the track as advance MSF training
Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #17
Elistan

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

I had a blast this past weekend. Not my first trackday, nor my first visit to TWS (Texas World Speedway), but the first time I've circuited it on a bike. Whew, good stuff.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of anybody else's bike, but if anybody has any shots of #16 in Level 1, I'd love to see them. (White CBR600RR, blue tape, no rear fender, black Dainese suit... Somehow managed to get Smoothest Rider Award? <confused>)

From what I can tell, Doug Pawlak puts his actual galleries here:
http://photocafe.lenzus.com/cgi/site?37276867
I suspect it'll be a few days before he can get all the photos from the event uploaded.
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #18
slo_rdr

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
33?
Ohh, nope, I think I was 36 & leathers are black, silver & white Joe Rockets. My Tee for the track video was 33.

Thanks for looking!

Awe, man, I missed meeting a lot of ya'll. Anyway - Usually pitted with my buds from the TAMU Motorcycle Club - we usually hang up our banner in the paddock.

(I was in Level 2 )

Last edited by slo_rdr; 05-28-2008 at 06:49 PM.
slo_rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #19
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
TTR90
SV1000

Pictures are up.

Sweet pics of me anyway. He emailed me the direct link for my level one.: nod:
Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
Elistan

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

Yep, saw they were up. However, I sat with him in the afternoon and he moved my photos into a separate folder, so I don't think they were uploaded with the others. Only found one photo of myself, and it only had half of me in the frame.
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement