Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #61
The one and only
Feedback Rating: (1)

08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i guess i've been very fortunate and just had the random bugs/birds hitting me. i don't follow close enough behind anyone to get hit by anything they kick up.

ALWAYS, keep your distance from the car in front of you. it will give you enough space/time to react to anything flying at you!
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun or fear? Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-03-2010 12:36 PM
I found No Fear.... MudBug Off Topic 45 01-27-2009 08:27 PM
NO FEAR FastLine Off Topic 1 12-05-2005 01:24 PM
Old 05-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #62
dont get behind me
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

2008 yamaha r6s

i big freakin stick the the right foot and a few large rocks to the shoulders ..
ExtremeGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #63

Candy green road king

Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
A little off topic.....

Got on my bike, put the jacket, helmet and gloves on. I roll out of my hood. Get on the I am accelerating to get on the freeway I feel something crawling around in my helmet. First its at the back of my head...then it's crawling to the this time I realize whatever it is it is HUGE! Then this big tree roach shows up on my eyebrow. I can see him out of the corner of my left eye! Must have been a solid 2 1/2 inches long! I dart back to the feeder..I am like rolling trying to take my helmet off..but I can't because I have to get the gloves off first! So I get the gloves off, I am like sitting on one glove, trying to balance and watch the curb..get the other glove off and finally get that off my head! There was nowhere to pull I finally make the to the gas station! Sat there and near ripped my helmet apart making sure it was out of there! How would I have explained that crash if it had happened???

Lesson learned---dont keep your helmet in the garage. If you do, bag it!
lol i know what ya mean. i stay proally down the street from you. roaches are huge and mean.
hybrid_crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #64
Calm Cool & Collected

03 R1 Limited

Got hit by a 2x4 in Baton Rouge, a bug flew up under my eyelid and go stuck once and last week a bee left it's stinger in my arm as he collided with it.
There is no better time than now!
68rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #65
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
i got hit by a flailing construction cone worst experience ever
cody Rules
Cody_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #66
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

I ran over an alternator and my rear tire exploded and bent the rim in about 6 inches, but didn't go down.
I also had a 6 foot piece of rebar do a helicopter over my head! That was a head shaking moment.

ALso, seen playskool playground, ladders, 4X4 lumber, ROLLING wheels with tires, complete weight bench, recliners, mattresses, Boxes, etc. on the road and narrowly missed them Bugs, rocks, and other little stuff that you obviously expect to run into...
"It's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Lincoln
JSC_SLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #67
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I have hit bird before, three to my count.

Worst was a tire off a big rid; was riding in a group and they were behind me. My gf at the time was on the back and I could smell the tire, assumed it was coming from the bigrig... we kept back as we were exiting and began to speed up after the offramp and the tire blew at that time. there were several fragments that were bouncing infront of me and had I not have her behind me I would have ducked and covered after finding a clean line but a took a very large piece in the shoulder to save her.

Love her to death so had to take one for the team.
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote