MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





It was a GRAND day at Grandsport!

Thanks to all the folks that made this day happen: Grandsport owner/ management (you know who you are ), Steve/ Jeff/ Wade, and all the staffers and instructors

It was great to see so many Motohouston folks out there, I'm sure we took up most of the pit yesterday with our Tajmahal of EZ-Ups!

I was so glad to see Alberto back in form like he never took his "little break" from running operations! I'm sure we'll see you back on the track soon too! He and Jon (Blond) Eric did a great job of keeping thing running with no interruptions all day! Thanks guys! You make it easy for me out there!

I had a great time working with my students today, Amanda for sure- that gal can ride You should have come back to the classroom for the last video session with H-Man, we used you as an example of doing things right.

Thanks to all those who cornerworked, without you, we couldn't run a safe operation. Luckily, the couple of get-offs we had were low speed low-sides that didn't result in any injuries other than to the rider's pride and plastics.

It was hot! The good thing about this track though is that it's close enough to the coast to have a decent breeze that keeps the temps pretty well in check. I was pretty whooped at the end of the day, and I can hear every muscle in my legs yelling at me today.

GSS will definitely give you a workout! I'm continually impressed by the learning potential that exists at this track. Riding it well means you have to carry corner speed, which becomes valuable at any other track you ride.

Oak Hill is next! For those of you who enjoyed GSS, Oak Hill is exactly the same, but completely different Just as technical, just as tight, but has some great elevation, cambered corners, and a fast sweeper!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIRTWARS 4 - Grand National 2-Day Finals!! wd40oz Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 10-10-2013 01:14 PM
Grandsport Speedway Jason_Canuck Taking it to the Track 19 01-21-2009 09:59 PM
Grand Pa Bill on his day off JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 16 11-13-2008 07:34 PM
Mini and Motard Track Day at Grand Sport Speedway texastrackdays Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 11 04-27-2008 09:12 PM
Grandsport Speedway Grand opening bdmpastx General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-02-2007 11:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,628

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
It was great to see so many Motohouston folks out there, I'm sure we took up most of the pit yesterday with our Tajmahal of EZ-Ups!
speaking of EZ-ups...anyone end up with a carrying bag for the EZ up that was too small. I realized when I got home the one I put my EZ up in was not mine and made for a larger canopy. If you got mine, holla!!!
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
speaking of EZ-ups...anyone end up with a carrying bag for the EZ up that was too small. I realized when I got home the one I put my EZ up in was not mine and made for a larger canopy. If you got mine, holla!!!
So YOU'RE the one that took my EZ-Up bag! Dang Rainman, you're killin' me!

I picked yours up, if you have mine, it should have the walls in the outside compartment and some rips in the top where the handle is.

I thought it was gone for good! I'll hold on to yours until we can hook up
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,628

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
So YOU'RE the one that took my EZ-Up bag! Dang Rainman, you're killin' me!

I picked yours up, if you have mine, it should have the walls in the outside compartment and some rips in the top where the handle is.

I thought it was gone for good! I'll hold on to yours until we can hook up
dang, that was easier than I thought I was thinking, I don't remember this zipper being broken when I pulled it out of the bag. I should have made a more conscious effort to ensure I grabbed the right one, but I was tired, ready for a brew and getting home. Long weekend, sorry. I'll hold on to yours as well. Thanks Tom
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 420

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)









Well said Tom.

This was actually the first time I rode this track. (The first one was rained out and I had to work the second one). I was suprised how technical, but FUN it was... even on my 1000RR. The better you nailed your lines, the more rewarding it was... it really reminded you how important it was to look through the corners... and when you got it right, it was pretty fun.

Thanks for all who came out!!!
__________________
Jeff Grant
jeffLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


The Mafia put out a hit on GSS and nailed it!

Great event guys! This virgin can't wait for oak hill!
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
This virgin can't wait for oak hill!
We'll see if we can get Swifte to show you around the pits...




I kid, I kid, of course I keeeeeed! Just pokin' fun at the Swift One since he missed out yesterday!




I'm trying to decide if I'm going to bring the bike to OHR. Usually, I don't ride so that the other ops guys can ride, but it's been several months since I've been there, and I'd like to get out again...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Thanks to all the folks that made this day happen: Grandsport owner/ management (you know who you are ), Steve/ Jeff/ Wade, and all the staffers and instructors

It was great to see so many Motohouston folks out there, I'm sure we took up most of the pit yesterday with our Tajmahal of EZ-Ups!

I was so glad to see Alberto back in form like he never took his "little break" from running operations! I'm sure we'll see you back on the track soon too! He and Jon (Blond) Eric did a great job of keeping thing running with no interruptions all day! Thanks guys! You make it easy for me out there!

I had a great time working with my students today, Amanda for sure- that gal can ride You should have come back to the classroom for the last video session with H-Man, we used you as an example of doing things right.

Thanks to all those who cornerworked, without you, we couldn't run a safe operation. Luckily, the couple of get-offs we had were low speed low-sides that didn't result in any injuries other than to the rider's pride and plastics.

It was hot! The good thing about this track though is that it's close enough to the coast to have a decent breeze that keeps the temps pretty well in check. I was pretty whooped at the end of the day, and I can hear every muscle in my legs yelling at me today.

GSS will definitely give you a workout! I'm continually impressed by the learning potential that exists at this track. Riding it well means you have to carry corner speed, which becomes valuable at any other track you ride.

Oak Hill is next! For those of you who enjoyed GSS, Oak Hill is exactly the same, but completely different Just as technical, just as tight, but has some great elevation, cambered corners, and a fast sweeper!
+1 to all that..it is a good track and we did have a decent breeze...

now as far as that girl amanda....what u trying to butter her up for ?..we all know...jlol sllooow

as far as the classroom...lol. i didnt know we were still supposed to be going back . sorry! Well atleast i was used for doing things right instead of, "this rider here, what did they do wrong?' and have everyone point it out lol.
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




oops sorry, sent it twice somehow...
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by jloleo03 View Post
oops sorry, sent it twice somehow...
Were you riding the black RR with all the chrome?
If so, you were lookin good out there. Nice and smooth from what I saw.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
Were you riding the black RR with all the chrome?
If so, you were lookin good out there. Nice and smooth from what I saw.
That was me!...And thank you! Did i meet you?
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by jloleo03 View Post
That was me!...And thank you! Did i meet you?
Nope, I don't really approach people I don't know. I just saw ya makin laps, and just before I left you were dressing down with your peeps there. I was on my silver 1000RR and you were behind some friends of mine (silver Explorer Sport Trac).
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #13
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Oh, well alright! Well say hi if ya see me next time!...ya know me now!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
navigator
Senior Citizen
 
navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dickinson, Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,109

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid






Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Thanks to all the folks that made this day happen: Grandsport owner/ management (you know who you are ), Steve/ Jeff/ Wade, and all the staffers and instructors

Luckily, the couple of get-offs we had were low speed low-sides that didn't result in any injuries other than to the rider's pride and plastics.
Absolutely, thanks to all the LSTD and GSS staff for a great day!

Tom, my low speed get off didn't hurt either my plastics or my pride. I only run a tail section and it was fine but my clutch lever and shifter peg were totaled. As far as my pride was concerned, I ran one full session that I was only passed by one rider. I found out later that it was Jody Hudson. I was passing a Duc 1098 when I blew that corner.

Huge thanks to Glenn on the green SV for loaning me the parts I needed to finish my day!! I'll have my own box of spares before my next track day.
__________________
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by jloleo03 View Post
Oh, well alright! Well say hi if ya see me next time!...ya know me now!
haha, will do. Hopefully I'll be riding with ya'll next time.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #16
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Absolutely, thanks to all the LSTD and GSS staff for a great day!

Tom, my low speed get off didn't hurt either my plastics or my pride. I only run a tail section and it was fine but my clutch lever and shifter peg were totaled. As far as my pride was concerned, I ran one full session that I was only passed by one rider. I found out later that it was Jody Hudson. I was passing a Duc 1098 when I blew that corner.

Huge thanks to Glenn on the green SV for loaning me the parts I needed to finish my day!! I'll have my own box of spares before my next track day.
Glen is a cool cat
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #17
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Absolutely, thanks to all the LSTD and GSS staff for a great day!

Tom, my low speed get off didn't hurt either my plastics or my pride. I only run a tail section and it was fine but my clutch lever and shifter peg were totaled. As far as my pride was concerned, I ran one full session that I was only passed by one rider. I found out later that it was Jody Hudson. I was passing a Duc 1098 when I blew that corner.

Huge thanks to Glenn on the green SV for loaning me the parts I needed to finish my day!! I'll have my own box of spares before my next track day.
Where did you crash at? i was following someone on a honda motard that lowsided in the long lefty at the end of the back straight. I was riding the little KX100 motard all day. i sure had fun with you motard guys..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #18
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Absolutely, thanks to all the LSTD and GSS staff for a great day!

Tom, my low speed get off didn't hurt either my plastics or my pride. I only run a tail section and it was fine but my clutch lever and shifter peg were totaled. As far as my pride was concerned, I ran one full session that I was only passed by one rider. I found out later that it was Jody Hudson. I was passing a Duc 1098 when I blew that corner.

Huge thanks to Glenn on the green SV for loaning me the parts I needed to finish my day!! I'll have my own box of spares before my next track day.
Good to hear!

I'll look around and see what spares I have still from my SV, but I gave most of them to the team (which Glenn and I are teammates) and to Charles Nevle (Calimarikid). I may have some more stuff laying around. For the record too, a whole bunch of parts from the GSXR will fit on the SV- levers, switch pods, rearsets, among a couple other things.

Regarding Jody, you're right about your "pride" there, he passes everyone!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
navigator
Senior Citizen
 
navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dickinson, Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,109

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid






That's my corner, but I was on the orange and black SV. I was right behind the corner workers station.
__________________
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #20
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
That's my corner, but I was on the orange and black SV. I was right behind the corner workers station.
I remeber you, i checked your bike before u went riding again.

Nice meeting you.
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy