MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
Captain
The Beast

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

So it was amanda and go fast....I ride the speed limit all the time...
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
meds and insurance a funny kind of thing.. not haha funny obed Off Topic 8 03-30-2012 12:34 PM
Afternoon rides? Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-07-2010 09:13 AM
6-7 afternoon Jay-boy Events, Meets and Rides 0 06-07-2008 11:44 AM
I have a funny joke... That's actually funny!! Crystalline Off Topic 43 05-16-2007 03:27 PM
From this afternoon Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 04-29-2007 12:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #22
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
never driven tired?
When I feel I'm getting that tired, I pull over.

Yesterday I cornerworked at TWS (Texas World Speedway). On the drive back I had to pull over into a gas station in BFE because I was tired. Got something to eat, something to drink, and stretched my legs.

That 15 minutes off the road could easily have saved a life, mine or someone else's. I've seen the results of someone falling asleep at the wheel, and it's no laughing matter.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #23
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
When I feel I'm getting that tired, I pull over.

Yesterday I cornerworked at TWS (Texas World Speedway). On the drive back I had to pull over into a gas station in BFE because I was tired. Got something to eat, something to drink, and stretched my legs.

That 15 minutes off the road could easily have saved a life, mine or someone else's. I've seen the results of someone falling asleep at the wheel, and it's no laughing matter.
I've NEVER heard of a motorcyclist falling asleep on their bike, does that really happen often?

No really!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #24
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
I've NEVER heard of a motorcyclist falling asleep on their bike, does that really happen often?

No really!
Sadly, yes it happens. All it takes is a brief moment of "resting your eyes" for something to go horribly wrong. In a car, you start to drift and the vibration of the lane bumps wakes you up but on a bike it's too late by then.

The rider this thread is about says she was so tired she had to lay down on the tank and put her hand under her chin. That to me says too tired to ride.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #25
Amanda
Bulletproof

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
I can't help it...

If you're too tired to hold yourself upright in the saddle, get the off the road before you get someone hurt or killed!

Quote:
Sadly, yes it happens. All it takes is a brief moment of "resting your eyes" for something to go horribly wrong. In a car, you start to drift and the vibration of the lane bumps wakes you up but on a bike it's too late by then.

The rider this thread is about says she was so tired she had to lay down on the tank and put her hand under her chin. That to me says too tired to ride.
Are you kidding me? Seriously?
Post somewhere else, if i wanted ur advice id ask u!

I had my break, and plenty of them. Im not stupid and i know my limits, if i thought i was gonna fall asleep, Im a big girl and will make that decision not to ride. Im not out to hurt myself or any others for that matter. I wasnt gonna fall asleep, I wasnt sleepy, I was worn out. Go at someone else...Thank you
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #26
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloleo03 View Post
Are you kidding me? Seriously?

I had my break, and plenty of them. Im not stupid and i know my limits, if i thought i was gonna fall asleep, Im a big girl and will make that decision not to ride. Im not out to hurt myself or any others for that matter. I wasnt gonna fall asleep, I wasnt sleepy, I was worn out. Go at someone else...Thank you
You need to chill the out girl. Squeaky is not just giving a little bit of good advice to you and the other new riders reading this thread . She has quite a bit more riding experience than you have so far so... sit down, listen, and .... She's contributed a ton of information on this board and a few other ones we all frequent. You may want to check her other posts before barking.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #27
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

If you'd rather be bitched at for the way you LOOK on a bike (like the fools that started this thread) then stay and play with the kids. If you'd like to hear advice on how to keep yourself safe and riding for many more years to come, then just take it as it's intended - advice, not .
Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #28
Helena
TEAM BLT *****ES!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600RR

Quote:
lol whatever u guys suck!

i wasnt tucking cuz i was going fast. i was just laying down, left hand was even under my chin...it was late in the afternoon and i had been riding since 7am. i was tired. find something better to post lil boys...

Hey i do that too!! when i get tired, i rest on the tank and roll at a comfy speed
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #29
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
You need to chill the out girl. Squeaky is not just giving a little bit of good advice to you and the other new riders reading this thread . She has quite a bit more riding experience than you have so far so... sit down, listen, and .... She's contributed a ton of information on this board and a few other ones we all frequent. You may want to check her other posts before barking.
Im not barking, im fine! Just simply stating, I can be my own judge on how i feel on my bike! I dont think anyone says 'hey, im really tired...let me go hop on my motorcycle..maybe i can have a wreck today!" And im not trying to compare skill level nor riding experience, I dont care who rides better, i never do! Either way, we dont need the drama....so let the thread die... None of this was the point of the thread!

Thanks civicous and psychoninja! Glad we could start a semi-humorous thread, to once again be turned into drama.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #30
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:

i'm not defending anyone or taking sides, but i don't think joleo (or whatever) was sleepy perse, more physically tired from riding so long. her back probably hurt and she was merely resting it by laying on her tank. it's a fairly common thing for sportbikers to do. i used to do it all the time. i wouldn't put my hand under my chin tho, bc that's kinda gay for a dude to do. but i think you misunderstood what she was saying and jumped the gun a little bit.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #31
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
i'm not defending anyone or taking sides, but i don't think joleo (or whatever) was sleepy perse, more physically tired from riding so long. her back probably hurt and she was merely resting it by laying on her tank. it's a fairly common thing for sportbikers to do. i used to do it all the time. i wouldn't put my hand under my chin tho, bc that's kinda gay for a dude to do. but i think you misunderstood what she was saying and jumped the gun a little bit.
Thank you! And thats what i was trying to say!

Instead of harping on other riders or starting drama...we should be nice to each other! Wheres the love?..we all on two wheels here! Who cares who is better, or who has been riding longer, who ducks down, who sits up. We all have the same passion...we all get out and ride for ourself. Im not trying to impress anyone. I get out and do my own thing, and keep my mouth shut, exactly what many people need to learn.

And now...we can let the thread die and move its way to the bottom!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #32
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
This isn't barking?

Quote:
Thank you! And thats what i was trying to say!

Instead of harping on other riders or starting drama...we should be nice to each other! Wheres the love?..we all on two wheels here! Who cares who is better, or who has been riding longer, who ducks down, who sits up. We all have the same passion...we all get out and ride for ourself. Im not trying to impress anyone. I get out and do my own thing, and keep my mouth shut, exactly what many people need to learn.

And now...we can let the thread die and move its way to the bottom!
I would advise you to take you own advice.

/rant.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #33
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
This isn't barking?

I would advise you to take you own advice.

/rant.
Give it up! Im not trying to harp on anyone for the way they ride!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #34
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Old 05-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #35
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
If you'd rather be bitched at for the way you LOOK on a bike (like the fools that started this thread) then stay and play with the kids. If you'd like to hear advice on how to keep yourself safe and riding for many more years to come, then just take it as it's intended - advice, not .
Hey Amanda (JloLeo) Is one of my friends and i have known her for a while me and Wil knew who it was her on the bike and just started the thread as a joke but hey you have good advice Ill give you that but you have no right to call me a fool or say we were at her because we were not this was a joke and was all in good fun

and to you Big Comfy

What up bro Amanda is my girl yall take it easy on her we were all tryin to have a good time no need to ruin it

EDIT: I am not a kid FYI I have plenty of SAFE riding experience that is all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #36
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I have to agree with SecretAgent. . . .OMG did I just say that?

What up BC? Think I'll be at MSRH on the 7th, hope to see you there

Back to the arguement

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #37
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #38
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
kettle

BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #39
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
I'll rest just the same way she was doing on long rides. , I was doing it Sunday on the northside ride. I woulda loved to see Amanda tucking at 30mph though.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #40
08SmashHoundR6
I can Do that.. on my PS3

Bike(s):
2008 yamaha r6

this thread went funny to in a hot minute wow....
btw i like to sit up and put my feet on my frame sliders when no one is around me and rest my back like that...
08SmashHoundR6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement