Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #21
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Hey ZX6 Racer, I saw you at HMP......when that Harley busted your , the crowd went wild.....LOL

Sorry bro...I had to....

In your defense, that harley was pretty fast and no way was it stock.... Looks like you got plenty of practice runs in. I saw 1FastGSXR(Candi) there also.....she smoked a clutch and was quite off....:/: Good crowds tonight till the rain started.

Yeah I had a 'D up afternoon!! Quite the opposite from my last trip out there, where i posted a GREAT set of numbers. I think i'm done for a short while, until i overhaul my bike and come back a little more focused and ready 2 relearn some :/:
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drag strip pucker urbanXJ Off Topic 5 03-19-2015 01:07 PM
Going to the drag strip. tunaluna General Discussion (Moto Related) 63 04-10-2013 02:46 PM
took my 04 sti to the evadale drag strip tonight!! twisthappy900 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-31-2009 02:30 PM
Drag strip? trumindgame Events, Meets and Rides 8 07-24-2008 05:08 PM
Drag strip times sbfuller General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 12-19-2007 02:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #22
Hooligan_RR
I Luv Fast Motorsicles !

Bike(s):
blk & silver 03 cbr 954

Hey zx-6racer were there any special gear or bike requirments, like leathers or tapeing off the bike ? i will be there next sunday for sure ive been wanting to go out there and run but hearing everyone talk about it has made me want to go that much more. sonds like alot of fun
Hooligan_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan_RR View Post
Hey zx-6racer were there any special gear or bike requirments, like leathers or tapeing off the bike ? i will be there next sunday for sure ive been wanting to go out there and run but hearing everyone talk about it has made me want to go that much more. sonds like alot of fun
just helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and bike in sound shape....thats all the requirements you need

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #24
Hooligan_RR
I Luv Fast Motorsicles !

Bike(s):
blk & silver 03 cbr 954

awesome, ill be there next week, i will check back to see if anyone else is going
Hooligan_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #25
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan_RR View Post
awesome, ill be there next week, i will check back to see if anyone else is going
post a new thread with a date, time, and sign up
Old 05-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #26
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Candy, I was watching some of your passes.....although you made them look REALLY smooth....you were in the clutch WAAAYYY too long. You gotta throw that bish. ALSO, you need some gear in that thing. Looked like you were going through the traps in 2nd and you need to be going through in 3rd. You probably need to be 16/44 or even 16/45. Get that clutch out quicker, let the gearing pull it. Even if it bogs some, it will still 60' decent and won't kill your clutches.

I might run my 1000 out there in the next couple weeks. Seemed like you could make a lot of passes if you want. Do they race on friday's also? super crowded?

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #27
McLintock

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 zx10r

what times did u run on that turbo hayabusa
Quote:
Candy, I was watching some of your passes.....although you made them look REALLY smooth....you were in the clutch WAAAYYY too long. You gotta throw that bish. ALSO, you need some gear in that thing. Looked like you were going through the traps in 2nd and you need to be going through in 3rd. You probably need to be 16/44 or even 16/45. Get that clutch out quicker, let the gearing pull it. Even if it bogs some, it will still 60' decent and won't kill your clutches.

I might run my 1000 out there in the next couple weeks. Seemed like you could make a lot of passes if you want. Do they race on friday's also? super crowded?
McLintock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #28
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude02 View Post
what times did u run on that turbo hayabusa

I wasn't racing it but last year when I was racing it some, I ran a few 6.0s@130 with SH*TTY front half numbers......Like 1.70 60's and 4.20-4.30 330's. Thats 62", pilot power street tire, hand clutch(no lock up) no boost controller and no skill. I only raced it 3-4 times in the last two years.....too hard to ride and not enough money to set it up right.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #29
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:

GREAT ADVICE, and i heard it all day long, but my mind is just not adjusting appropriately and WON'T tell my fingers 2 let the son of a go, lol!!!! Quite honestly i'm still afraid it'll wheelie me, and hearing about Tanya didn't help. I tried riding it short for waaayy 2 long, so now it's conditioned in my head "i gotta hold that clutch" without me even thinking about doing it, and until I get more aggressive or fearless, i'm sure it's gonna continue. :/:

Gears are here, -1/+2, just need to get em on. I'm honestly thinking about hanging it up for a couple of weeks though. I got EXTREMELY frustrated sunday. I go out do good, come back and suck bad with no progression, so it's really getting me down about the , but IDK we'll just have 2 see.

Everyone is soooo supportive and BELIEVES I can get it, i just need to convince myself, and i'm really not interested in burning thru $600 worth of clutches 2 find out. :/:
Old 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #30
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

OH I hear ya....Its VERY frustrating.... Thats why I got out of drag racing a lot.... You are fighting a multitude of things.....the weather, the bike, your self, the track, the crowds etc..... Thats exactly why I got burned out. Honestly it took me a LOT of passes to get decent back in 00 and 01. Seemed like every change I made, I threw something else off. I also had a very hard time letting the clutch go, especially at high rpms. To this day I still don't leave over 4k rpms.....I would rather slightly bog it, but get WOT as soon as possible but if it starts to power wheelie, short shift it. When you come out at high rpms and try to slide it hard then throw it, thats usually when they loop. I heard about that chick that looped friday night. Was it Paul's wife or someone's wife we know? I thought I heard that.

BTW, -1+2s will make a HUGE difference in how it launches but it will be WAY more wheelie prone so...... there is pros and cons to everything. Just be prepared to short shift 1st.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #31
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
OH I hear ya....Its VERY frustrating.... Thats why I got out of drag racing a lot.... You are fighting a multitude of things.....the weather, the bike, your self, the track, the crowds etc..... Thats exactly why I got burned out. Honestly it took me a LOT of passes to get decent back in 00 and 01. Seemed like every change I made, I threw something else off. I also had a very hard time letting the clutch go, especially at high rpms. To this day I still don't leave over 4k rpms.....I would rather slightly bog it, but get WOT as soon as possible but if it starts to power wheelie, short shift it. When you come out at high rpms and try to slide it hard then throw it, thats usually when they loop. I heard about that chick that looped friday night. Was it Paul's wife or someone's wife we know? I thought I heard that.

BTW, -1+2s will make a HUGE difference in how it launches but it will be WAY more wheelie prone so...... there is pros and cons to everything. Just be prepared to short shift 1st.
Paul's "protege"! I heard she was launching da outta that bike, 1.5 60fts. This particular time, it came up, sounds like either she panicked OR just easily slid off the rear when it stood up, still holding on to the throttle and awaaayyy it went. MY WORST FEAR HONESTLY... but normally when my bike comes up, i IMMEDIATELY release the throttle, busted oil pan or not, it!

It's DEFINATELY challenging, for me it's more mental than anything else, and i'm starting 2 think i just don't want it bad enough 2 start HEARING and LISTENING 2 the advice and progress.

Believe it or not she started racing AFTER ME, but has been at the track more consistently, so hence the MUCH better WELL deserved progress.

Advertisement