Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #21
your noob b**ch
Feedback Rating: (1)

in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
gryphin give me my money back for the lid I bought from you! lol j/k. thanx for that good deal again. but its a wonderful idea I for one respect the ones that lend a hand and try to make a difference by puttin the knowledge out there. but some knuckle-heads out don't want to be bothered
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question. Killerjoe123 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-18-2011 04:46 PM
question fiddyrider Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 06-16-2009 12:48 PM
question Harveyjl2 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 17 10-25-2008 10:50 PM
Question? koskesh Off Topic 23 04-17-2006 09:01 PM
got a question need your help on GSXR question Racer X 05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-05-2005 01:11 PM
Old 05-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #22
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Honda Grominator
TL1000R - Sold
2001 SV650 Track - Crashed
2007 Buell XB12Ss - Sold
2004 GSXR 600 - Sold

Probably the best bet would be to make sure they are a registered member and have some non-whored posts. There are always some who would try to abuse the system but I think it might help those who need it. I personally won't give a dollar to some lazy standing on the corner looking for a handout but if a new rider just barely put together the cash for a new bike, sometimes they don't spend the extra for some of the other things we think are important. I know plenty of people who scrounged the dough for their first helmet but didn't buy a pair of nice gloves or a decent jacket. How many noobs do you know that ponied up $200-300 for a good set of boots? They ride around in tennis shoes when they should probably be riding in boots.

I am the last guy to say we should give away free stuff so we can feel warm and fuzzy inside. In most cases, I say you have to pay to play. This is just a nice service to new riders or someone who went down and can't afford a new lid to replace the one that got damaged.

Nobody is saying you have to give away good stuff that you could otherwise sell but I know I have a helmet and some gear that just sits and it isn't worth the hassle of selling. Might as well put it to use.
Tiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #23
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Husky 450SMR motard

my guess based on the amount of bikers out there vs the number of registered guys at websites is;
they don't look at the internet. I saw a guy on a gix1K yesterday with flip flops and sunglasses. can he afford the internet and a computer? probably. does he go yo moto websites? probably not. too cool, don't care, not a real rider anyway.

my guess is they aren't real (regular) riders, and there's not much we can do about that. the effort is very, very nice though.
fastline logo

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

2004 R1 - sold

Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
man I see you trying to do good but man its a kind of a frivolous cause. most people who ride bikes can also afford gear.
I agree, this is most likely the case.
dasboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #25
Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I need some donations. I am one broke . I quit wearing my mesh on the street so it is pretty new so I might be willing to donate that. I am looking some boots or some full length gloves. And if any one donates some full leathers I would like to be put on a waiting list.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #26
09 r1!
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
well seems like everyone likes the pay-it-forward section idea and I think that would be a great add-on to the website along with maybe a few stickys to ride2die and msf and some other facts about wearing gear and riding websites..

now just to get chris's eyes on this post
We as riders know the risks we take everytime we put that kickstand up and twist the throttle.
Gryphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #27

I read where someone stated that if you can afford to fork out a couple thousand for a bike, you should be able to afford riding gear. I would have to disagree to an extent. I'm not sure how many of you fit in this category, but when I bought my bike, I used part of my tax return, a part of my savings, and a little chunk of money from everywhere possible just to fund the bike. Being fairly new to riding, I really did not realize or want to realize the cost of gear, taxes, and insurance. So, sitting in my garage was a GSXR 750 with no helmet, gloves, boots, jacket (MSF required gear) or insurance.TEMPTATION!!

Luckily for me, I had a really good friend who helped me out with most of the gear to get started in this bad*ss culture/sport/lifestyle! He loaned me all of his old used stuff. Obviously, as time went on and money rolled in, I was able to buy my own quality riding gear with no regrets of having bought cheap gear as many beginners do.

I believe this is a great idea and I would be more than happy to donate gear to riders just starting out. My only suggestion is to keep it as a loaner program where the gear will continue to be recycled to new riders.

Last edited by SLOWPOKE; 05-25-2008 at 03:16 PM.
SLOWPOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #28
90 5.0
frequent crasher

98 gsxr 600

I like the idea and not everyone goes out and spends tons of money on newer bikes.

I have given helmets ect to friends before and I would donate stuff i am not in need of.

Will some one donate a rear wheel to me lol
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #29
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
IMO, I'm not donating stuff to someone who chooses to ride in the first place without having the gear to start with. IMO, people should buy their GEAR before buying their bike. If you buy the bike first, it's easy to make excuses about not having the money for gear. If you buy the gear first, you can't get the bike until you save up.
gixxerbill -'s Lifetime Intolerance Award Winner

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #30
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote