MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #41
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

^^ i like the dept. of HS part, good stuff dude!

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy new laptop. what would you buy? Gixxer Geezer The Circus 45 01-31-2012 08:49 PM
anyone here work at best buy, no i don't you to buy something for me RACER X Off Topic 18 12-03-2009 01:29 PM
to buy or not to buy that is the question S_M_J82 Off Topic 23 10-15-2008 09:29 PM
To buy or not to buy? ( Part II ) da n00b General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 08-09-2007 03:10 PM
Would you buy it? CaJuNsOuLjA General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 10-01-2006 09:12 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #42
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
^^ i like the dept. of HS part, good stuff dude!
Well, I do. The U.S. Coast Guard falls under DHS, not DOD or DOT.

I'm not that creative.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #43
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Thats right, ya'll got acquisitioned. Either way, thats great stuff!

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #44
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

i think it was a re-allocation actualy.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #45
GHOSTRIDER

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000>>> sold sold>>> no bike
08 CBR1000RR

its fake!! like some one would sell that for 3500
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #46
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
I got a reply!

"Hello,
You made the right choice! 2006 Honda CBR CBR 1000 RR TURBO bike is in great shape, no engine problems,damages or hidden defects.I am sorry to inform you but I am currently located in Canada but the bike its still in USA located at a shipping company in NY and with a call I can shipp it anywhere so that wont be a problem. It is in a good condition, no scratches,no damages,never been implicated in any accidents,no problems at the engine, runs very well.clear title.1,000 miles, a perfect bike and the price is only $ 3500 firm. I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this bike,i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap. We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety. I just need your full name and address so i can open a case. (with no further obligation or fees).Have a nice day.
Abby"

In response I said:
"I have family in NY and I'm going to see them for the Memorial day weekend, that works out great. You originally said the bike was in Houston, I will have to be allowed to see the bike while I am in NY. I trust you can arrangements with the shipping company for me to do that. I work for the Department Of Homeland Security so I'm not worried about being allowed in to a secure space. Trust me, we inspect them all the time. Just get me the name and address of the shipping company and once I see the bike I'll get you the money.

Thanks and have a great holiday weekend.

Mike"
hehe pwnage. bet you don't get a reply.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #47
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #48
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER View Post
its fake!! like some one would sell that for 3500
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!!???

I'm going to get the deal of the century! Just you wait, you'll see. Didn't you read her story? It all makes sense.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #49
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!!???

I'm going to get the deal of the century! Just you wait, you'll see. Didn't you read her story? It all makes sense.
i read her story and it seems like she has fallen on some hard times... how nice of you to help her out, just don't try to low ball her... i think she has enough going on in her life right now
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #50
06gsxr1000pg

Bike(s):
2006 Gsxr 1000

that is the 3rd scam ive seen this week. Same story for an 06 custom r1 for only 2900 and a 04 gsxr 1000 for 3300. They used the divorce angle as well! I wonder if the authorities could do something. (doubt it)
06gsxr1000pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #51
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gsxr1000pg View Post
that is the 3rd scam ive seen this week. Same story for an 06 custom r1 for only 2900 and a 04 gsxr 1000 for 3300. They used the divorce angle as well! I wonder if the authorities could do something. (doubt it)
Good luck. This has been happening for a long time on CL and not just with bikes, with everything that anyone might want to buy. Also when you list stuff people try to scam you as well. If something could be done about it, it would already be happening. But nothing ever happens to these people.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #52
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

k...I received the same responce that Mike got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby
Hello,
You made the right choice! 2006 Honda CBR CBR 1000 RR TURBO bike is in great shape, no engine problems,damages or hidden defects.I am sorry to inform you but I am currently located in Canada but the bike its still in USA located at a shipping company in NY and with a call I can shipp it anywhere so that wont be a problem. It is in a good condition, no scratches,no damages,never been implicated in any accidents,no problems at the engine, runs very well.clear title.1,000 miles, a perfect bike and the price is only $ 3500 firm. I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this bike,i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap. We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety. I just need your full name and address so i can open a case. (with no further obligation or fees).Have a nice day.
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Abby, thanks for your really quick response. It's a shame to hear about the divorce, but I am certain that things like this work themselves out in the end. Too bad the bike is not in the same location as you, I would have loved to see some more pictures of the bike, and maybe even you. Who knows, you being divorced, and myself being single, I bet we could hit it right off. I guess if you would like to enclose some pictures of yourself, I would object! When do you think you could send me some more pictures? (Of the bike that is).

Do you take paypal since you are in Canada? I was ready to just give you the cash, but I'd be willing to make a payment to you online if we can get this bike shipped quickly.

Thanks,
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #53
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #54
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

This just gets better and better.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #55
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #56
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Just another version of this thread. Probably someone "working" for the same scamming "company" over there in Nigeria somewhere...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104987

Btw, read it all and do the same thing when this guy replies. Funny stuff... Btw, at the end of the thread, he got the "seller" to prove his id by posting his ID 10T number... lol

295784826 A32pz X3 1

Btw, earlier in the thread, he sent this picture claiming it was him... 4217501284us8

Someone found the original he used for the photoshop... http://photosindia.com/browse/detail...ageID=1477237#

The guy who strung him along setup fake numbers that left him on hold in a queue and had him holding for 30 minutes plus trying to get the "money" the buyer claimed he sent. LOL!

It was a very good thread and effort.

Last edited by Blue91; 05-23-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #57
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

^^ that thread is freakin hilarious...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #58
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

that thread was long as , but worth every min.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #59
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

...moving on
Quote:
Hi
I am not home right now.Please remind me later to send you some pitures with the bike and one pictures with me my 2 girls and a friend of the girls.Since I am not there we cant arrange an inspection or a pick up I am the only one who can pick it up or arrange a inspection so the shipping must be done.
The transaction will be made using eBay motors a company who will insure the transaction.
This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third part between seller and buyer. eBay Motors is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements, both parties must submit proof of payment/delivery presented in a legal form (payment/delivery receipt) by the registered payment/delivery service used.
I need your full name and address for the shipping and also I will set up the transaction through eBay and they will email you soon with all the details.
So if you want to go on with a deal you can just follow the payment instructions from ebay.
Best Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Abby,

Did I mention you have a lovely name? Anyhow, Pictures of the bike would defintely be a request before I further myself through the transaction. Pictures of you and the girls would be great! Maybe after the transaction we can meet. It's been rough times after my wife left me for her boss and took my two girls. I get to see them every once in awhile, but it's not nearly enough time with them. The headache of divorce is nearly over, and I feel like cleaning the slate and making myself havppy with this turbo'd 1000. I hope you aren't against men that ride motorcycles. In fact, I hope you would like motorcycle enough to maybe take a long trip with me on one. Do you like bikes too? Sorry, these are lonely times, and I don't mean to be so flirtacious, but you probably being a lovely lady will definety settle the nerves during this transaction.

I haven't ever done a third party transaction with ebay. I have only used paypal for my ebay transactions. Is this the same? If so, I am ready to continue on with the purchase, as summer is coming up and I would love to have this bike for the season. Please send me some pics of the bike so we can move this transaction. I am also looking at another bike locally, but this seems like a better deal.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #60
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

...i don't know where to go with it now...ideas please:

Quote:
Hi
I am sorry to hear about your wife.I am not a biker lover but who knows maybe sometime once we finish the deal we can chat and maybe go out some time.I need your full name and address for the shipping and ebay deal.As for the payment I dont know but ebay will choose the payment method.
Thanks
Abby
p.s. can u send me a pic with u?
Here is the picture they sent:
deleted

Advertisement