MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #101
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck84 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rhino...spagenameZWDVW

what about this????

good?? bad??? expensive??? fair??

this is the suit i have been runnng on.
i have not sustained any high speed crashes on it though.
i did however have a couple of low sides on my 73cc metrakit last year.
to that they survived without a prob.
they are not the best but for the occassional trackday,they have done the job well i guess.
i used to own an alpinestars and the construcyion was not tha different.....
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track Leathers Question ThomasNinja650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 06-29-2010 10:30 AM
question about leathers mattj0206 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 06-30-2008 11:47 AM
new leathers witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 05-30-2008 06:48 AM
Question about leathers rental logan5 Motorcycles Unlimited 6 07-13-2007 08:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #102
DirtyRed

Feedback Rating: (0)

If you're willing to spend 1200-1300 for a new suit, then try a custom. I know quite a few WERA racers that rock Z Leathers and Syed Leathers. They go for that price range, have excellent construction and wear well in crashes. Do your research, cuz there's plenty of fly-by night makers out there. As far as the Rhino leathers, look on the CMRA or WERA boards and see if any of the racers have experience with them - of course if you're not a post on WERA, be prepared for the fire breathers that will come at you for not using the search function lol

If you wanna spend a few hundred more, go with the Ride Smart Taichi custom joint...they look badass, superior construction, great in high speed crashes, and excellent customer service.

I use a one piece A-star, that's held up well and no complaints. I'll stick with that suit until the zippers bust from my current lack of any workout routine.
DirtyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #103
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
If you're willing to spend 1200-1300 for a new suit, then try a custom. I know quite a few WERA racers that rock Z Leathers and Syed Leathers.
Actually, Syed has "custom" suits for much less at ~$800-900. You don't get to choose too many colors, and the design is pretty well set, but it's fit for you and still has all of the ventilation and armor protection
Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #104
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Actually, Syed has "custom" suits for much less at ~$800-900. You don't get to choose too many colors, and the design is pretty well set, but it's fit for you and still has all of the ventilation and armor protection
This is probably what I'm going to do later this season. Syed seems to be the one of the few custom suit makers that doesn't charge extra for a speedhump or ventilation holes.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement