MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

revalations from a ex-squid

from another site

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunTLR
I was reading the post of the guy wanting "tips" on doing tricks and was looking at the responses and realized something. I used to be a squid!!! I sat there thinking about when I got my first bike which was a TLR1000. ( only got it because my friend sold it to me cheap as , but defended that it was a ok starter bike, which it was the worst) And asked some of the same questions about doing wheelies and such. And I did use to do that ie. wheelies, high chairs, stoppies, rolling stoppies, skettching, the biggest squid thing of them all BURNOUTS!!! YEAH!!!!

Then after seeing more of my friends eat in bad ways because of stunting I stopped doing them. Not to say that people don't eat in canyons but more so do doing stunts hence the bike cages. Then I thought man did I ever do these by myself?? And the answer was No I didn't. I only did them when others were around to see how cool I was or if some chicks were there. Didn't wear the proper amount of gear because "" wore full leathers. But then it happened... my first crash. And just like with the wheelies and it was me riding with others and riding over my head. Now here is what got me about the other guys post. I could do all these things and couldn't do a thing when I froze up and ran off the road. Why you ask. Yes I had a pretty good knowledge of the bike ( 14,000 miles) but I didnt know how to really ride. I was proof that any new guy ( squid or whatever) could twist a throttle or pull hard on a brake, or better yet do both at the same time and burnout.

But then that's when I actually started listening!! Listening to the better more experienced riders, because crashing and getting hurt cost to much and basicly sucked. But so did I. So what did I do. I sold the TLR went down to a smaller bike, a 636 ( and actually am looking for a 250 track bike). and got a full riding suit. And when I get back to the states I plan on doing a bunch of track days and going to riding schools. See the moral of the story is that "Would you be doing this if you were alone??" And the answer to that is mostly no, unless of course that your praticing for when other people are around to witness this . Then the other day while riding my GSXR1000 ( bought it because I got it cheap as too) I was by myself riding down a deserted part of road and thought "man I should do a wheelie" then thought for what ...... then thought well that way when my friends are around and they are doing them I can do and it won't be the first time on this bike. Then I realized I was resorting to my old squidly ways and decided against it.

But my question is to all stunters is Why?? Why do you stunt?? And do you consider yourself a good street bike rider?? I mean I have ran up on many a 1000cc rider on the interstate and had him pop a wheelie only to slow don't so much in the turns that minivan's were passing him. I am not saying that all stunters are slow because I have a friend that can do all that and is faster than most guys that have ten years experience on him, but he is just one of those naturally fast guys ( well with no brains either). But he stopped the stunting too. So I ask again Why?? I know that some of you guys live where there is only straight roads and a track is far as away but I'm sure that a few track days is cheaper than spending money on new plastics, helmets, jackets,..... your life.

.......ok ramble off
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R U a squid if..... Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 09-18-2012 01:11 AM
This is a Squid... Ulric General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-10-2010 12:27 AM
SQUID!!!!! 1slocbr General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-03-2009 02:52 PM
Am I a Squid? davidrr General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 09-06-2006 04:30 AM
squid... flip326 Off Topic 11 07-04-2006 01:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
+1

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
i'll have to read it when I have some time.. not at work

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I only have time when I am at work. :confused1

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I only have time when I am at work. :confused1
+1 :icon_bigg
Old 10-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #7
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
gotta love the ' bought a liter bike because it was cheap' !!!!! liar lol
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
Jester

Bike(s):
400EX, 90 Mini, R1

Your right on the money! But I do like doing wheelies, because their is no other feeling like it. I have always rode hard mainly dirt bikes and quads, I am new to street bikes. 7000 miles on my R1, I ride with springsportbikes.com. Man, I have learned a lot from these guys and we are doing LoneStar track days at TWS (Texas World Speedway). When your on the street it is very dangerous, so I have been taking my time, and learning slowly most people don't realise the persion involved in riding street bikes. It takes some real skills and riding ability with slow movments and the right time. If you are nervous about riding its just a matter of time untill you go down hard! This sport is not ment for everyone, the squids have proven that. I just want you to know, for me its not about showing off, its about the ride, and the rush, no other sport I have been envolved with can compare! :icon_smil

JZ
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #9
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

+10,000,000,000.00
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #10
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #11
Lobo

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Growing up and becoming more mature opens your eyes to alot of what we have all, let us pass us by....................... the sweet smell of LIFE

Enjoy it, live it, respect it, and be a student to it, learn all you can and see how immature you once were at a young age. I have nothing against squids, people give people second chances, life very rarely ever hands out a second chance.

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:14 PM   #12
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath
Good post. . . poorly written, but insightful.

9/10

Wow I havent posted in a while HI GUYS !

Advertisement