MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

TMGP Denton....

As ususal the Denton track was a blast!!! Great weather! Incredibly fun track!
Den couldn't make it... but we did a pretty good job!
Thanks to Alonzo " DR. G." for the help!
All teams did an amazing job stepping up to the plate!
Moe did good a job of staying in after an uncrontolable off! Tried to run him with more slack than ususal...
Amazing how fun running the little bikes are!
Not real clear on the full results, so maybe someone else can help out....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMGP round 5 - Denton mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 24 07-28-2009 08:11 PM
TMGP Endurance Denton mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 1 07-05-2009 04:42 PM
TMGP Round 8 - Denton BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 13 10-14-2008 01:12 PM
TMGP @ Denton Swift E Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 06-25-2008 04:59 PM
TMGP @ Denton 6-Oct-07 Swift E Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 74 10-10-2007 02:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Sorry Rick - could'nt get the results with the "official number of laps" but -

1) Mad Season
2) Que Paso Racing
3) APA Racing

and then I think we came

either 4th or 5th...

I know we got in 217 laps - we lost a good chunk of time as I was the only rider and had to pit in for 15 minutes every hour :/:.

Sorry about the Red Flag on my brother's part guys - but hey you guys got a free refuel , I put in 213 laps total on my own and don't think I have ever ridden that much in my life

Congrats to MS/QPR/APA!

I think overal standings in F7N (for top 5) should look something like:

1) Mad Season
2) Que Paso Racing
3) Reddy Racing
4) APA Racing
5) Team RideSmart

if my calculations are right then 3rd-4th-5th are all within 50-75 laps of each other...

See you guys @ OHR!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

, Moe. You're becoming an animal.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
, Moe. You're becoming an animal.
Sometimes you just gotta do it - when things don't go according to plan.

We're a two man team and the past few days have been terrible on us, my team mate (A.J) crashed and broke his collarbone in a CMRA race and I crashed in practice too and dislocated my left shoulder - so going into this race (purely for points), the plan was for me to ride for 35-40 minutes and then my brother (back up rider) for 20 minutes, then me again then him...

With a dislocated shoulder I definitly was *not* going for any fast laps, but rather just trying to stay out there as long as possible. I put in a 55 minutes stint, then when my brother went out - he put in 4 laps before crashing... that was the end of his riding for the weekend! That's when all the planning went to trash and after that it was just a what ya ma call it "desperate stints" of an hour then break, then hour, then break.

Ofcourse every now and then I hooked up with Tom of Que Paso and played with him for a few laps (which was alot of fun), but I was no where close to Rick or Gianni's time.. I think Mad Season got a 49 sec (fastest), Que Paso Racing got a 50 sec (fastest) and ours was 51 (fastest).

Alonzo was on fire aswell , In all it was good clean racing in the F7. No trophies this time in endurance :/: Sprints were good to me though, got 2 seconds and 2 thirds.

How come you guys did'nt make it? Are'nt you guys like a 4-5 man team? APA is less then 25 laps behind you!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...

Last edited by BlackWidow; 05-19-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

the entire team had stuff going on. I was back home for a graduation and others had vacation/work/prior obligations/or something.

I do miss that Denton track...that place is fun fun fun.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

I couldn't make it due to work and family activities (priorities, priorities!)

Thanks to Dr. Gonzo for riding with our team in Denton. My apologies to Rick for not getting the clutch plates lined up (eventually I'll learn how to build a clutch!!!!) We had it rebuilt in less than 30 mins though!
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Congratulations to all the teams that made the trip this round!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Big THANKS to Dennis and Rick...really enjoyed riding this past weekend. I'd swear poor RiCK was going to have a heart attack everytime I went out on the track, he kept reminding me it's an endurance race, take it easy and find a good pace...so I went out and crashed a few times...

It wasn't until my second stint that Carlos (quepaso) informed me that they (madseason) were in the points lead for the champion ship... So I rode a conservative pace for my second stint and managed to not blow the motor...

Thanks go out to Que paso for letting us pit with them under their canopy, congrats on the finish guys, look like you guys are hitting your stride on the new bike...you boys were moving...

Moe gets the ironman trophy riding injured and short two riders, way to stick with it moe...

congrats to all of the other tmgp teams had a great weekend dicing it up, big fun on little bikes. Anyone wanting to get some seatime in for cheap check these guys out...www.tmgps.8k.com

Schedule permitting, I'll see you guys at oakhill for the 8 hour...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
you da man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Moe, Team RideSmart would have won again if my collar bone wasn't still broke. I'm new to mini's but I can hold my own. Hmmm, Moe and A.J. first debut was a win. Hopefully I'll be healed soon but I'm having issues with this injury. Seeing the doctor AGAIN tomorrow...unscheduled.
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #10
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Big THANKS to Dennis and Rick...really enjoyed riding this past weekend. I'd swear poor RiCK was going to have a heart attack everytime I went out on the track, he kept reminding me it's an endurance race, take it easy and find a good pace...so I went out and crashed a few times...

It wasn't until my second stint that Carlos (quepaso) informed me that they (madseason) were in the points lead for the champion ship... So I rode a conservative pace for my second stint and managed to not blow the motor...

Thanks go out to Que paso for letting us pit with them under their canopy, congrats on the finish guys, look like you guys are hitting your stride on the new bike...you boys were moving...

Moe gets the ironman trophy riding injured and short two riders, way to stick with it moe...

congrats to all of the other tmgp teams had a great weekend dicing it up, big fun on little bikes. Anyone wanting to get some seatime in for cheap check these guys out...www.tmgps.8k.com

That must be a record for you.........no blown motors this MONTH??!!

Congrats to all!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
Moe, Team RideSmart would have won again if my collar bone wasn't still broke. I'm new to mini's but I can hold my own. Hmmm, Moe and A.J. first debut was a win. Hopefully I'll be healed soon but I'm having issues with this injury. Seeing the doctor AGAIN tomorrow...unscheduled.
Heal up Bud - we still got many races left.

Next one is 2nd week of June . It's the 8 hour, I could really use you there!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

Please don't blow the motor, please don't blow the motor.....
No wayz brah, you did a fine job!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #13
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
I couldn't make it due to work and family activities (priorities, priorities!)

Thanks to Dr. Gonzo for riding with our team in Denton. My apologies to Rick for not getting the clutch plates lined up (eventually I'll learn how to build a clutch!!!!) We had it rebuilt in less than 30 mins though!
Whatever?? On your schedule... ease up brah...

Advertisement