MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #21
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNerdX View Post
M5 Carbon Fiber web
Wow, now that's a badass slip-on! I wonder just how hard it would be to set up for the shorty
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."

Last edited by a forum moderator; 05-17-2008 at 10:21 PM.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help picking which bicycle Infinite Off Topic 11 05-07-2013 08:20 PM
Picking up a... tomLSTD Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 08-10-2009 08:48 PM
might be picking up a 636 Japawhat02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-31-2008 12:10 AM
Happy picking AliceInChains02 Off Topic 16 05-05-2006 07:45 AM
picking your nose flip326 Off Topic 3 12-03-2005 02:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #22
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Would go PERFECT if that gold ring was red, but I betcha I could get it powdercoated. And lose those logos.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 05-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #23
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
You could take a regular canninster and have it Jet hot coated or powder coated.
That's exactly what I was thinkin
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #24
MotoNerdX
Thinks way too much

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha YZF-R1, 2007 Kawasaki Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Wow, now that's a badass slip-on! I wonder just how hard it would be to set up for the shorty
I think that the possible problems with the shorty would be (1) having a mounting point for the strap around the can and (2) that it may stick out too far.

Regarding (2), if you used a shorty on your bike it would have to be next to the swingarm. If you look at the newer R6s you see that the swingarm is kind of "L" shaped so that the can can tuck in a bit.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #25
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
I think that the possible problems with the shorty would be (1) having a mounting point for the strap around the can and (2) that it may stick out too far.

Regarding (2), if you used a shorty on your bike it would have to be next to the swingarm. If you look at the newer R6s you see that the swingarm is kind of "L" shaped so that the can can tuck in a bit.
As far as the fullsize cans which do you think would look better, the M2 or M5? M2 is a little skinnier circle than the M5.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #26
MotoNerdX
Thinks way too much

Bike(s):

Quote:
As far as the fullsize cans which do you think would look better, the M2 or M5? M2 is a little skinnier circle than the M5.

I tried to imagine which one would look better and I can't.

Also, the installation instructions are found on this page. It mentions a high mount option, but the instructions showed a different can and they stopped at 2004. If you liked the high mount you could ask if you can get it with the can you are looking at.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/...Inst/index.htm

Also, if you have never seen a Two Bros can in real life they have one on a 2008 CBR1000RR (short of course) at Honda of Houston. The build quality is primo.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #27
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
I tried to imagine which one would look better and I can't.

Also, the installation instructions are found on this page. It mentions a high mount option, but the instructions showed a different can and they stopped at 2004. If you liked the high mount you could ask if you can get it with the can you are looking at.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/...Inst/index.htm

Also, if you have never seen a Two Bros can in real life they have one on a 2008 CBR1000RR (short of course) at Honda of Houston. The build quality is primo.
Thanks for all the help, I'll give them a shout Monday and talk with one of their reps

~Keith
Old 05-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #28
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Anyone familiar with Bruce Fabrication? The red/black may look tight on the bike:

yhst 54050366180957 2001 226612117
they supposedly make no hp on 03-05 bikes.

if you want a slip on that is different.
I would suggest blue flame.
http://vyxxn.co.uk/catalog/motorcycl...01.html?pman=6

beowulf (like the gun) viper
http://vyxxn.co.uk/catalog/motorcycl...01.html?pman=8

and for full exhaust
the best are supposed to be graves and akra.

I have a full akra evo hex with a carbon pipe on my 03 and it sounds very very nice.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #29
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
they supposedly make no hp on 03-05 bikes.
Bike has enough power for me, I'm shopping mainly on looks and sound. Performance is a nice added bonus, but I'm not really looking at trying to get the most HP, I just don't want to LOSE any performance by running a sh*tty pipe. I'm still annoyed that I can't find any reviews for that pipe.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #30
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Bike has enough power for me, I'm shopping mainly on looks and sound. Performance is a nice added bonus, but I'm not really looking at trying to get the most HP, I just don't want to LOSE any performance by running a sh*tty pipe. I'm still annoyed that I can't find any reviews for that pipe.
there are no reviews for bruce fab. but there are some you tube clips of this asian chick with that particular exhaust on her bike.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #31
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
there are no reviews for bruce fab. but there are some you tube clips of this asian chick with that particular exhaust on her bike.
I saw that, being as it is the ONLY youtube video with it on an R6 lol. It sounds and looks good on there. I know I've seen it on a member's bike, I wish I could remember who
Old 05-18-2008, 12:07 AM   #32
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Try this one.....i think this would look and sound baddasss for ur bike...can even get it all black

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/h..._R6_VIDEO.html

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/h...A_R6_riot.html

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #33
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
I saw that, being as it is the ONLY youtube video with it on an R6 lol. It sounds and looks good on there. I know I've seen it on a member's bike, I wish I could remember who
lol it still amazes me that people can tell the difference between exhausts on the same bike. My ears are not sensitive enough for that. I cant even tell one brand 600 apart from another. I cant even distinguish a rc51 over a new harley :/:
Old 05-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #34
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Try this one.....i think this would look and sound baddasss for ur bike...can even get it all black

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/h..._R6_VIDEO.html

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/h...A_R6_riot.html
I forgot about that exhaust. it looks bad . and is lightweight also.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #35
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Don't want anything too too loud, I get enough unwanted attention as it is

I'd prefer something with a low idle that will open up when I really get on it.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #36
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:

then i would suggest akra. everybody tells me it sounds stock at idle.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #37
MotoNerdX
Thinks way too much

Bike(s):

Quote:
I forgot about that exhaust. it looks bad . and is lightweight also.
Quote:

That HR1 shorty can does seem to fit well on your bike and it looks pretty good from what I can see on the website. However, shorty cans are going to be louder because there just simply isn't the same amount of sound absorbing material as in a longer can.

It may not matter to you, but it would also seem that if you were not moving that more exhaust would reach you with a shorty can.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #38
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #39
MotoNerdX
Thinks way too much

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
Well DvlRacer you just happen to know the guy that had the 05 R6 with the 06 shorty exaust if you are nice he may just help you out and tell you where to mount it lol

my opinion is that the two brothers is sick looking powder coat the gold rings and set it up like I did on my bike

If you need help i will help you it was pretty easy

My concern would be that the Two Bros would stick out more because it is basically just a cylinder. The Scorpion can that you have/had is tapered so it may tuck in better.

Maybe get the same scorpion can and powder coat it black?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #40
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
You could take a regular canninster and have it Jet hot coated or powder coated.
+1 You may also be able to shorten the can + remove some of the packaging. Could make for an original solution.

Advertisement