MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #41
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Is that the Hughes Satellite your using for internet service? How do you like it?
No, its Blue something or other from my direct tv provider. It sucks during bad weather, otherwise all I can say is it is better than dial up. I live in the woods and we don't even have cable out here
Quote:
Originally Posted by njay1984 View Post
Not at all, I had a blast, but then again (and we even talked about this in the class) but I tend to hang my boots over the peg a little and "feel" with it, I learned a lot out there and I would definitely do it again. My bike just doesn't have the lean angle that ya'lls do and I can't hit the turns as fast. of coarse I haven't spent much time on sports bikes, so I guess my ignorance is bliss, that is not to say that I don't plan on buying something for the track in the not too far off future, just have to prioritize with my other goals for the time being...
I do the same thing on the VMax, first time I scraped the pegs in Kerrville I freaked, now it is just normal for me to ride with my boot toe at the tip of the peg. Once I lowered the Vmax I was able to hit the curves just a bit faster, weird. But definitely nice. As soon as I am able I am bringing the VMAX AND THE SV out to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for a good feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFracer212 View Post
Thanks Pam!!!!!! But I thought I was getting lower then that
THIS RIGHT HERE IS EXACTLY WHY I LOVE GETTING THESE PICS FOR YOU GUYS... learning tools If you can see what you were doing as compared to what you thought you were doing helps you learn, I hope.
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Paddocks Pics 10/16/11 esi7esi7 Video's and Photo's 2 10-16-2011 10:05 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Paddocks Pics 10/15/11 esi7esi7 Video's and Photo's 1 10-16-2011 12:45 PM
*PICS* CMRA @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 10/17 & 10/18 vmaxgirl Taking it to the Track 16 11-03-2009 10:14 PM
Ride Smart Track Day - 10.10-10.11 @TWS (Texas World Speedway) - FOLLOW UP Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 81 10-15-2009 01:32 PM
RideSmart Track Day - 10.10 & 10.11 2009 @TWS (Texas World Speedway) - College Station, TX Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 116 10-09-2009 10:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #42
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
..
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #43
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


You said you were going to drag elbow Told ya I was ready
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #44
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
You said you were going to drag elbow Told ya I was ready
sorry, i wasn't ready yet.....i'm gonna go get some arm implants and extend my arms first
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #45
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Red face For all of you that I was unable to get a pic of...

I truly am sorry. I try my best to get at least one pic of everybody but between having to delete the bad/blurry/half frame shots I sometimes loose that one shot.

My suggestions is this...

IF you see that I will be there at a track day with a camera just come say . I am usually/probably the only female out there with facial piercings I have my black Yankees hat on. Let me know your bike color and helmet color, and if I can I like to see them before hand. That is why you will see me in the pits trying to see who is who. I know the usual hams but I try to see who else is out there. Helps me to identify you on the track instead of you just being a big blur out there.
I try to get pics of all I know and especially all of the newbies... I mean who wouldn't want pics from their first track day, I know I do...hint, hint, 6/8/08 @ MSRH hint, hint.

Don't be shy, I love the track and everything and everyone there. I get the biggest adrenaline rush just from being in that corner watching you guys/gals have a blast.

Yea, I take my job as a cw seriously so I am sorry for all of those who have to deal with me on the radio and think... man what a ! But I look at it this way... it is MY job and MY responsibility to take care of MY riders out there and make sure I am doing everything I can properly to make sure that MY riders go home safe.

Know I love you all and I hope and pray I NEVER have to say goodbye to another one of the people I love... So ride safe
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #46
LEANANGLE
Senior Member
 
LEANANGLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: cypress tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 109

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
.07 Harley Davidson softail fsxtc-
05 gixxer 750
04 YZ 450
03 CR 125






good pics pam
LEANANGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #47
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by LEANANGLE View Post
good pics pam
Thanks, thats what happens when you have good riders and nice bikes.
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #48
Swift E
Senior Member
 
Swift E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 11,046

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675









Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post

Yea, I take my job as a cw seriously so I am sorry for all of those who have to deal with me on the radio and think... man what a ! But I look at it this way... it is MY job and MY responsibility to take care of MY riders out there and make sure I am doing everything I can properly to make sure that MY riders go home safe.

Know I love you all and I hope and pray I NEVER have to say goodbye to another one of the people I love... So ride safe
This is one thing I really love about you.
You consider the cornerworking as a possible life saving job (that it is)
You are very well spoken on the radio and still like to have fun.

For this I thank you :bowdown:
__________________
obama1
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #49
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
This is one thing I really love about you.
You consider the cornerworking as a possible life saving job (that it is)
You are very well spoken on the radio and still like to have fun.

For this I thank you :bowdown:
just doing what I love, why be boring and uptight when life is full of laughter!
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #50
GsxrStar
drama patrol
 
GsxrStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: north shore rida
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,205


Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750









Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
i love you pam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26445
GsxrStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #51
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrStar View Post
i love you pam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS that why you pick on me?
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #52
Oh!Thatgirl
He's for sale...... Cheap
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northwest Siiide
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,055

Experience: 9-12 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
I truly am sorry. I try my best to get at least one pic of everybody but between having to delete the bad/blurry/half frame shots I sometimes loose that one shot.

My suggestions is this...

IF you see that I will be there at a track day with a camera just come say . I am usually/probably the only female out there with facial piercings I have my black Yankees hat on. Let me know your bike color and helmet color, and if I can I like to see them before hand. That is why you will see me in the pits trying to see who is who. I know the usual hams but I try to see who else is out there. Helps me to identify you on the track instead of you just being a big blur out there.
I try to get pics of all I know and especially all of the newbies... I mean who wouldn't want pics from their first track day, I know I do...hint, hint, 6/8/08 @ MSRH hint, hint.

Don't be shy, I love the track and everything and everyone there. I get the biggest adrenaline rush just from being in that corner watching you guys/gals have a blast.

Yea, I take my job as a cw seriously so I am sorry for all of those who have to deal with me on the radio and think... man what a ! But I look at it this way... it is MY job and MY responsibility to take care of MY riders out there and make sure I am doing everything I can properly to make sure that MY riders go home safe.

Know I love you all and I hope and pray I NEVER have to say goodbye to another one of the people I love... So ride safe
I take amazing pics... No hints necessary!
Oh!Thatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #53
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh!Thatgirl View Post
I take amazing pics... No hints necessary!
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #54
Swift E
Senior Member
 
Swift E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 11,046

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675









Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh!Thatgirl View Post
I take amazing pics... No hints necessary!
Nudes?
__________________
obama1
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #55
SVmike
nuthin'
 
SVmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 911

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...









Send a message via AIM to SVmike
..
__________________
Wishing I hadn't sold my bike
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #56
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1
 
hughes40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SXSW
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,021

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87






Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
JonEric... can any one guide me to where it is i can buy those racing fairings ? i have a 2002 sv650.
__________________
hughes40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #57
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,326

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
no love.
I see how it is.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #58
SVmike
nuthin'
 
SVmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 911

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...









Send a message via AIM to SVmike
top left corner of pg 5
51008TWS1349
__________________
Wishing I hadn't sold my bike
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #59
[poser]
"the un-original"
 
[poser]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 628

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next








Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
just doing what I love, why be boring and uptight when life is full of laughter!
yeah I don't take the job lightly either

unlike the kid in turn 8 who fell asleep before lunch (by his own admission) and went to the bathroom during a session , which happened to be the same time one of the cruisers wrecked. I think you had to call that one in didn't you?
__________________
Jason
'07 sv650s and '08 Tundra 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad

Last edited by [poser]; 05-19-2008 at 04:12 PM.
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #60
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by [poser] View Post
I think you had to call that one in didn't you?
That's why we have a redundant system and folks like Pam to work

The guy in 8 has been placed in the "ban list" for corner working.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy