MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #241
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
lmao daaaa** that scared me!!!
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 08/09 Forrest Ride FuelSlut Events, Meets and Rides 46 08-09-2009 08:00 PM
Due To Popular Demand 05.31.08 Forrest Ride tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 64 06-01-2008 05:31 AM
5.25.08 Forrest Ride tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 23 05-21-2008 06:27 PM
5.17.08 Forrest Ride cobra281 Events, Meets and Rides 117 05-19-2008 12:36 PM
5.10.08 Forrest Ride tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 217 05-14-2008 04:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #242
skmart2
Stephanie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I think, just my humble opinion, that if he have a turn out like that we should send off in waves. Maybe with 10 minute intervals. Groups of 10. Then everyone meets at Yankees, socializes, and then leave in waves again.

I have some other ideas but will keep PM or in person.

this being only my 2nd group ride and all, I really don't have any experience to base my opinion on but I think what you're saying sounds like a smart idea to break up into smaller groups like that
Old 05-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #243
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #244
tarosean

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
I am just here for the ride. I had a blast and learned a lot.
Okay what did you learn???
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #245
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

one thing I have learned is to open the gaps up when in the twisties to a couple seconds or more. Also good to split the larger groups up when in the tighter stuff (like 3090), then regroup at the end.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #246
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 05-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #247
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
Watch out for horse in the turns. It's slick as t. Don't ride with the in front of you, just make sure you don't run him over. Just because you are topping a hill doesn't mean you will get buzzed.

Lastly never hawk a luggey(sp?) while riding!
Words to LIVE by
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #248
BBlue

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Look thru the turns, try not to focus on any point, practice keeping your eyes moving. Turn your whole head, not just your eyes, and remember that you go where you look, so don't look at oncoming traffic or the trees.
good advice...
BBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #249
tarosean

Bike(s):

Quote:

I have some other ideas but will keep PM or in person.
Post them up.... Someone may learn something!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #250
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Post them up.... Someone may learn something!!!
Well...I certainly ain't "runnin" nothing and do not want to offend anyone so I will speak in "I" statements.

I have ridden the forest probably 10 times. I KNOW I can't keep up with the fast guys but I also KNOW I am faster than some of the other peeps.

Whenever we take off from a rest, I know that (a few examples) Tiatool, Moocbr, hooligan, onewheelmoto, jayboy, max etc. are faster than me so when we pull out I wave them by and don't ride out of my limits to keep up. Nor do I hold them up. I just let them go. I also know who is slower than me so I try to fall in line in front of them where I belong. 3090 is no road to be jockeying for position, trying to pass, following someone in corners who is making mistakes, etc.

By the time we got through the forest, in Anderson, prior to 3090 I had an idea of where I fit in on this ride.

It is important for people to assess their skills and get in where they fit in. People being out of place is hazardous.

On the other hand, how do you tell someone where they belong? I, personally, welcome it.

Just my VERY HUMBLE opinion.

Having said that, the ride was AWESOME and would love to ride with each and every person again, this weekend!!!!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #251
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
Well...I certainly ain't "runnin" nothing and do not want to offend anyone so I will speak in "I" statements.

I have ridden the forest probably 10 times. I KNOW I can't keep up with the fast guys but I also KNOW I am faster than some of the other peeps.

Whenever we take off from a rest, I know that (a few examples) Tiatool, Moocbr, hooligan, onewheelmoto, jayboy, max etc. are faster than me so when we pull out I wave them by and don't ride out of my limits to keep up. Nor do I hold them up. I just let them go. I also know who is slower than me so I try to fall in line in front of them where I belong. 3090 is no road to be jockeying for position, trying to pass, following someone in corners who is making mistakes, etc.

By the time we got through the forest, in Anderson, prior to 3090 I had an idea of where I fit in on this ride.

It is important for people to assess their skills and get in where they fit in. People being out of place is hazardous.

On the other hand, how do you tell someone where they belong? I, personally, welcome it.

Having said that, the ride was AWESOME and would love to ride with each and every person again, this weekend!!!!
+1

I won't take offense to it either and no one should. It's just a matter of riding as safe as possible. Sometimes there are faster people behind me that make me nervous and sometimes someone slow gets in front of my only to go slow as in turns and haul in the straights. If things are organized right as far as skill level a large variety of skill levels can go out and have a good time together.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #252
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #253
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

What is real fun is hanging in the very back and let everyone go, then you can take off and go as fast/slow as you want and have the entire curve to yourself. Only thing that sucks about this is if you go down, the others may not see you if their a good way's ahead and not looking back.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #254
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

You can solve some of the flying down the straights deal if you set a reasonable speed limit for the ride. That can also change as the ride goes, once you get a feel for how everyone is doing.

I prefer to keep groups down to 10 or so, so splitting up might not be a bad idea.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #255
maxgs

Member Garage

It was nice to see everybody highly geared up. I stopped for a bio break just before the forest and got to see everybody on bike when I returned. All geared... didn't see anybody riding seriously outside of their limits.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #256
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Good ideas, I had never ridden that forrest ride and should of hung back on that turn to be able to identify what i was in for, but I didn't which was a BAD on part and was glad i didn't bring anyone else down with me, but its good, a little bummed about the bike but I am up and running again the bike is out for a week but hey WE LIVE AND LEARN, RIGHT! Like Thomas Edison said I didn't make a mistake i just found out how not to do it right next time!
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #257
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Very good points... I wasn't myself and slid to the back after 3090 on the way home. Some like myself dont speed during the straights hence the reason we stay far right... come on around... we'll catch ya in the corners

But we do have a good group of riders here who do care about eachother. Only recommendation would be to have someone who has some experience run the back group through the trails at a consistant speed they feel and know that group can keep up.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #258
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Thumbs up

Quote:

ditto for me too! i KNOW i am way slower than the majority of the people on these rides and also i am very new. I welcome any and all comments or suggestions, especially when it comes to safety. i feel like if i didn't learn something each day, was it really a good day? sorry if i ask a bunch of ???'s when i've been around some of ya'll but i watch how you guys interact and ride and i see that there is so much for me to learn. many thanks to those who speak up - you have no idea how much a comment or two about how to manuver or what things to look out for really do make a difference. i would much rather someone tell me what i'm doing wrong than to have something happen to myself or anyone else
Old 05-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #259
tarosean

Bike(s):

Quote:

On the other hand, how do you tell someone where they belong?
I, personally, welcome it.

While 149 (forest) will give you somewhat of an idea of a persons skill. It is in no way comparable to 3090 as evident by the past two weekends.

Point blank tell them.... Don't rely on ego's or their perceived skill level... Its not only their it could be the person in front or behind them that also gets unknowingly involved..
Old 05-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #260
beaterR6
they call me Chunk

Bike(s):
lookin to trade my truck for your...

Send a message via MSN to beaterR6
it was nice to see all of the bike in a looooong line heading down the straights......

and we did kinda break off into grops naturally as the ride progressed.....
i was the last guy most of the day ( other than the sweeper ) and I had a ball.

i was riding my boss's bike and had no intention to push it..................but i managed to have some fun and got home safe, and thats the important thing.

Advertisement