MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #21
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
how long ?
Long is a relative term
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concours™ 14 ABS Police Motorcycle gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-08-2010 11:57 PM
Kawasaki Introduces All-New Concours Built Around ZX-14 Motor bigjay77 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-25-2006 07:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #22
tschreck
It is what it is..

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Looks I'll be looking to get a more comfortable bike soon for some long distance rides. Right now I'm pretty much looking at the Concours and the ZX-14. Both of these have the power that I'm looking for along with the ability to mount hard bags. I know there are plenty of people with 14's on here but what about the Concours?
You like power cause I still have the itch all the time compared to my old race bikes. The Concours is the way to go. 40 mpg if you keep off the throttle, keep it under 70mph. But add the PC3 w/map with a CF-Two bros. pipe and K&N, remove the flies to get the 150RWHP. Extended Baileys windshield will help if you like to cruise over 70. Throttle Meister is a must! Avg. 200mpg to a tank(5.8gal) and have got it over 160mph for testing only. Yes, it's a ZX-14 engine working with a shaft. Roll on wheelies in first is not a problem either. It's hella fast, trust me. No problems with my bike and it's over 4,000 miles now since I bought it end of Feb. It's so comfortable to ride and handle. Just added a nice external Digital Honda stereo unit as well that adjust the volume included w/wiring to a Speedo Heeler with the twist of the throttle and your off. Headed to Arkansas next week to ride with the TSBA... Get it and come on out to play with us! or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P12400781.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	11801   Click image for larger version

Name:	kawasakitony.jpg
Views:	1108
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	11802  
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #23
liberator14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
Thought I would add my two cents bout kawasaki....My new zx-14 has been in the shop six times for valve cover leak going back to jan. 07. After replacing the gasket three times, valve cover, gasket and bolts once, they used washers and some type of sealant to seal it up. Now I have a motorcycle that no shop will adjust valves, and it has no value on market. This is a common problem with this model and kaw says it is fixed. Have been in litigation with attorney for over year and kaw just delays and delays not wanting to discuss or do anything. I have not ridden the bike for over six months and will not ride till goes to court, which looks like it will be another year or so. Bottom line is the problem is not fixed it is jerryrigged and from my research into kaw warranty, this is exactly how they take care of customers and thier lemon motorcycles.
The concours leak from the shaft drive from what I have read, and the engine is the same in the zx-14 that many many people have oil leaks.
Bottom line, this has been the worst purchase of my life and suggest you do some research before you buy anything from kawasaki, they are aware of problems but choose to do nothing about it, and my situation is far from an isolated incident....do oil leak search on one of the zx-14 websites or google. A product is only as good as the warranty and the company standing behind the warranty (or not) before this nightmare I was a big fan of kawasaki, at this moment you could not give me one
whats up jeff. i know its you from your post. you still fighting i see. good luck
liberator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #24
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschreck View Post
You like power cause I still have the itch all the time compared to my old race bikes. The Concours is the way to go. 40 mpg if you keep off the throttle, keep it under 70mph. But add the PC3 w/map with a CF-Two bros. pipe and K&N, remove the flies to get the 150RWHP. Extended Baileys windshield will help if you like to cruise over 70. Throttle Meister is a must! Avg. 200mpg to a tank(5.8gal) and have got it over 160mph for testing only. Yes, it's a ZX-14 engine working with a shaft. Roll on wheelies in first is not a problem either. It's hella fast, trust me. No problems with my bike and it's over 4,000 miles now since I bought it end of Feb. It's so comfortable to ride and handle. Just added a nice external Digital Honda stereo unit as well that adjust the volume included w/wiring to a Speedo Heeler with the twist of the throttle and your off. Headed to Arkansas next week to ride with the TSBA... Get it and come on out to play with us! or not.
Hey Tony
Thats a crazy pic with the knee down and saddlebags!!!

My .02
On my roadtrip to California I saw a couple of bikers out past San Antonio headed to New Mexico. One on a Busa w/soft bags and the other on a ZX14 Concours. Talked to them after a couple of gas stops and the guy on the Kawa was really into his bike. He said he woudnt trade it for anything else when doing long distance trips.

Boy, I wished I had taken my bike out here to Long Beach.. California roads are wicked!!!!!!!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #25
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/681924461.html
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #26
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
She's got a bike, as do I. They won't be seeing trips to Dallas/west Texas/etc any time soon, though.
We're considering something for comfort and long trip capabilities. For that, there's no other bike on the market better than a 'wing. The rear seat is not near as comfy on the Concours, and I'm concerned for her comfort.
your avitar makes it hard for me to stick to the topic lol!!! no disrespect,but if that's your girl,than her comfort is important!!!
mightymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

not as sporty. but this is a DEAL

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/688396119.html
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #28
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

thats better than a deal on the Honda ST-1300.

I'd recommend an FJR 1300 but I am slightly prejudiced since I have ridden mine 55k miles.
FJRmgm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #29
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #30
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold