MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
dixiebabe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (sold)
08 MV Agusta F4 312 R (sold)
10 Ducati 1198

Conroe motorcycle wreck

This story is so sad. The man driving the truck shouldn't have been driving. He had a warrant for driving while intoxicated. Prayers for his children and his wife!

CONROE- A motorcycle driver was killed and his passenger was critically injured around 6:27 p.m. Sunday when police say an intoxicated driver allegedly turned his pickup truck directly in their path, making a collision unavoidable on FM 2854 at Loop 336.

Both motorcycle riders were ejected and the 33-year-old male driver was pronounced dead on the scene, with the 35-year-old female flown by Life Flight air ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center in extremely critical condition according to Conroe Police Officer Jeff Smith.

The pickup’s driver, 57-year-old Harold Schmidt of Onalaska, allegedly fled the scene and was found by police hiding behind a tree about 200 yards from the accident scene, according to Sgt. Mike Tindall.

Schmidt was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter, intoxication assault and failure to stop and render aid. Smith said Schmidt had an outstanding warrant for driving while intoxicated.

“He had the odor of alcohol on his breath,” Smith said. “He did not cooperate with officers.”

Schmidt refused to allow alcohol testing on the scene and was transported to Conroe Regional Medical Center for a mandatory blood draw, Smith said.

Precinct 2 Justice of the Peace Trey Spikes conducted the inquest and had Metcalf Funeral Directors transport the remains to the Southeast Texas Forensic Center in Conroe for an autopsy.

Identities of the victims were not available as of press time pending notification of next of kin.
dixiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle wreck :( Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 10-25-2014 06:38 AM
Motorcycle wreck Mercilus General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 12-30-2012 08:43 PM
Motorcycle wreck usmarine2009 General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 08-25-2011 01:07 AM
motorcycle wreck on 290 ??? Silver Bullet General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-22-2007 07:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

that sonofabitch.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebabe View Post
This story is so sad. The man driving the truck shouldn't have been driving. He had a warrant for driving while intoxicated. Prayers for his children and his wife!

CONROE- A motorcycle driver was killed and his passenger was critically injured around 6:27 p.m. Sunday when police say an intoxicated driver allegedly turned his pickup truck directly in their path, making a collision unavoidable on FM 2854 at Loop 336.

Both motorcycle riders were ejected and the 33-year-old male driver was pronounced dead on the scene, with the 35-year-old female flown by Life Flight air ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center in extremely critical condition according to Conroe Police Officer Jeff Smith.

The pickup’s driver, 57-year-old Harold Schmidt of Onalaska, allegedly fled the scene and was found by police hiding behind a tree about 200 yards from the accident scene, according to Sgt. Mike Tindall.

Schmidt was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter, intoxication assault and failure to stop and render aid. Smith said Schmidt had an outstanding warrant for driving while intoxicated.

“He had the odor of alcohol on his breath,” Smith said. “He did not cooperate with officers.”

Schmidt refused to allow alcohol testing on the scene and was transported to Conroe Regional Medical Center for a mandatory blood draw, Smith said.

Precinct 2 Justice of the Peace Trey Spikes conducted the inquest and had Metcalf Funeral Directors transport the remains to the Southeast Texas Forensic Center in Conroe for an autopsy.

Identities of the victims were not available as of press time pending notification of next of kin.
'

that what me off full arm of the law against driver

rip to rider and prayers for the passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
dixiebabe

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (sold)
10 Ducati 1198

Read some of the comments from where it was posted on this other website and the family of the man that caused this is setting up a benifit for the children.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
well I don't think his new prison friends will enjoy the fact that he killed a motorcyclist. RIP to the man and prayers sent to the family and passenger
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
dixiebabe

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (sold)
10 Ducati 1198

Would anyone be interested in doing a benifit ride to help the 2 boys that he left behind?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

like this makes me wish they'd bring back stoning.... Using beer bottles on this sorry of course.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Man i'd like to buy someone in jail a carton or two of cigrette's to have fun @ rec. time !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #9
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
well I don't think his new prison friends will enjoy the fact that he killed a motorcyclist. RIP to the man and prayers sent to the family and passenger
Too bad they'll never know. Even the majority of the guards in the prisons are kept in the dark on what each inmate is in for, for that very reason.

Very tragic accident

Thoughts go out to the families of each party. I hope the man realizes all the trouble and hurt he has caused and suffers greatly because of it.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

this sounds just like the motorcycle wreck a cpd officer got in. i think he was cpd. maybe a dps trooper. he was riding with his wife and was hit by a truck. he was instantly killed, and his wife was put into a coma or something. their 2 kids have a foundation set up for them. i see the donation flier for the foundation every day at work. i work in mont. county jail.
it was a pretty sad story. i had been riding for a little while to work when this happened. everyone was suddenly like 'oh man. be so careful out there. people will try to kill you' etc... my wife sure didnt like hearing about it.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
tyme2move

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

RIP to his family..prayers for the other rider. Senseless.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #12
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Too bad they'll never know. Even the majority of the guards in the prisons are kept in the dark on what each inmate is in for, for that very reason.
There really aren't many secrets in prison, it may take a while but most will know.

RIP to the rider, and prayers for the passenger.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
There really aren't many secrets in prison, it may take a while but most will know.
You work for a prison? The rule is there for a reason. Unless the idiot tells someone why he's there(which happens), it should be left unknown.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You work for a prison? The rule is there for a reason. Unless the idiot tells someone why he's there(which happens), it should be left unknown.
Lot's of rules in prison..........most get broken. :/:
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #15
RBLCHIC
599 Chic

Bike(s):
2006 Honda 599

Wow. What a sad story. Be safe out there people.
RBLCHIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
chill

Feedback Rating: (1)

No one wins in this one. Sucks the big one. Guess when your time is up, it's up. Live it up while you can peeps.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #17
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
No one wins in this one. Sucks the big one. Guess when your time is up, it's up. Live it up while you can peeps.
happens, wrong place wrong time.

Seize the Carp

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #18
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Very Sad... RIP to the driver and prayers for the passanger.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #19
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

This is the same wreck I posted about yesterday that I saw. I saw the dead man on the road. It was the most awful thing ever. This has now been posted in 3 threads, I think. Very tragic. RIP.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
thats a sorry excuse of a human, i know we all make errors through out our lives but this is an all time low
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement