MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #21
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #22
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
he was on the bike?
how do we know it wasn't his bike??? no one have yet to say the guy officially stole the bike. all that was said hpd chased a guy on a bike and the guy pulled over. imo,most crooks(not all) won't ride off with the bike. it would be chunked in a truck or van.

to be honest,i got offended the way the thread started. a black guy on bike being chased and he's a crook. now,if it's true,i would blow out hot matches and stick them in pee hole!!! sorry to play black panther on here,but that's the way i saw it.
mightymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #23
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse1 View Post
how do we know it wasn't his bike??? no one have yet to say the guy officially stole the bike. all that was said hpd chased a guy on a bike and the guy pulled over. imo,most crooks(not all) won't ride off with the bike. it would be chunked in a truck or van.

to be honest,i got offended the way the thread started. a black guy on bike being chased and he's a crook. now,if it's true,i would blow out hot matches and stick them in pee hole!!! sorry to play black panther on here,but that's the way i saw it.
A guy who was listening to the radio posted up what he heard... a description of the bike and rider.

It kinda helps to know if the rider/suspect is a 6'7" black male or a 4'11" asian female or an avg. height hispanic dood. You call that sterotyping???

I like motohouston, so I will quit while I'm ahead... telling you the truth isn't worth getting banned.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #24
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
A guy who was listening to the radio posted up what he heard... a description of the bike and rider.

It kinda helps to know if the rider/suspect is a 6'7" black male or a 4'11" asian female or an avg. height hispanic dood. You call that sterotyping???

I like motohouston, so I will quit while I'm ahead... telling you the truth isn't worth getting banned.
I agree with mightymouse... don't care who the guy was or wat race he is.. I think we jumped the gun here to blaming him of riding a stolen bike. Lets hear the whole story and lets talk about the facts not the assumptions we make up.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #25
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboo007 View Post
I agree with mightymouse... don't care who the guy was or wat race he is.. I think we jumped the gun here to blaming him of riding a stolen bike. Lets hear the whole story and lets talk about the facts not the assumptions we make up.
Running in/on a vehicle is a FELONY (thats a State Jail Felony, same as stealing a bike). So whats the difference?

Broadcasting a felony suspect's description (including race) is important, for obvious reasons.

Quit crying foul...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #26
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Running in/on a vehicle is a FELONY (thats a State Jail Felony, same as stealing a bike). So whats the difference?

Broadcasting a felony suspect's description (including race) is important, for obvious reasons.

Quit crying foul...
I never said anything about broadcasting or giving out the persons description. I think you misread my comment, please read my comments again. But then again if it makes you feel good...
Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #27
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Yea because we all know if a black guy is riding, it's stolen.

Stating the race does seem important, saying other bs that is not for sure, even through those radio's seems ...... Nvm.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #28
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

The guy was committing the same level felony as stealing a bike. Perhaps some wrongly assumed the bike was stolen, but either way, the end result is the same... felony=felony.

WHATS THE FRIGGIN' DIFFERENCE???
Old 05-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #29
mightymouse1

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

the difference is saying someone stole something and they didn't. we all hate bike thieves. if he's running for something else,then he's not a bike thief. just some hard head.

nothing wrong with descriptions. just the comments after that. i took it as "he's black,so it must have been stolen." when in fact,nothing pointed to it being stolen,according to the original posters post. in that post he,mentioned nothing about the bike being stolen via the police scanner(if that's where he got the info). he said he heard what the guy looked like,the color of the bike,and where they were going. he did not hear them say,"it's a stolen bike".
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #30
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
the difference is saying someone stole something and they didn't. we all hate bike thieves. if he's running for something else,then he's not a bike thief. just some hard head.

nothing wrong with descriptions. just the comments after that. i took it as "he's black,so it must have been stolen." when in fact,nothing pointed to it being stolen,according to the original posters post. in that post he,mentioned nothing about the bike being stolen via the police scanner(if that's where he got the info). he said he heard what the guy looked like,the color of the bike,and where they were going. he did not hear them say,"it's a stolen bike".
Gotcha... miscommunication... though I think the stolen assumption wasn't because he was black, but because bikes get stolen all the time and the rider virtually always runs (though bikes are usually taken in vans, as you mentioned).

I would venture to say the guy running was more than just "hard headed" as you suggest...
Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #31
mightymouse1

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

i will agree with ya 100% on being more than hard headed.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #32
coojo
Uber Newb

Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250

i thought everyone said stolen cause they were hoping it was our fellow MHers bike that had been stolen...
Old 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #33
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

i dont see the meanning of pulling the race card

a description is a description, either race, why always someone feels offended?

running from cops is a no no, now lucky him to pull over on his own will

i read the post twice and i didnt see anything wrong with it

if it was stolen good props for cops,, if it wasnt then, what a dumbass

jail for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
i dont see the meanning of pulling the race card
because there are AL SHARPTON followers here that cant WAIT to play the race card. wether or not the bike was stolen is totally beside the point and everyone knows that. he is a criminal, plain and simple, doesnt matter what he did, or else he would not have ran.

as far as him pulling over: i think the douche ran out of gas
Old 05-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #35
pester
Black olives matter

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
because there are AL SHARPTON followers here that cant WAIT to play the race card. wether or not the bike was stolen is totally beside the point and everyone knows that. he is a criminal, plain and simple, doesnt matter what he did, or else he would not have ran.

as far as him pulling over: i think the douche ran out of gas

i bet ha ha

and IMHO the race card is getting old, i dont even pay much attention to that as before

is just stupid

and yeah he was a feloner, got caught stop crying and man up to it

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #36
mightymouse1

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

first off i'm no "al sharpton" follower. maybe i was wrong about saying something about it being a black guy,since we are the minority here. i notice on these forums,everyne is quick to assume something. if the person would have been white,it still would have been wrong to assume the person was a "bike crook". i'm sure more than half the people on this board are "criminals" to some extent. so don't play that "i'm a saint" card. now,if it bother you boys that i spoke up,maybe you're hiding a skeleton in the closet we don't know about. the guy ran from the cops. that was stupid. however, no one knows why he did,atleast at that time. i would like to see some of the popular people on this board get into a sitution and someone "assume" something on them. how would they feel???

chris,you know me better than that. you need to check some of your boys.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #37
pester
Black olives matter

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6

Member Garage

Quote:
first off i'm no "al sharpton" follower. maybe i was wrong about saying something about it being a black guy,since we are the minority here. i notice on these forums,everyne is quick to assume something. if the person would have been white,it still would have been wrong to assume the person was a "bike crook". i'm sure more than half the people on this board are "criminals" to some extent. so don't play that "i'm a saint" card. now,if it bother you boys that i spoke up,maybe you're hiding a skeleton in the closet we don't know about. the guy ran from the cops. that was stupid. however, no one knows why he did,atleast at that time. i would like to see some of the popular people on this board get into a sitution and someone "assume" something on them. how would they feel???

ok to answer this

1 if it was white i bet no one would say why saying white ppl?

2 ppl in this board incluiding me, always criticize feloners in of any kind

when some of our friends got a speeding ticket we say the same thing

stop crying and man up to it, street is not the track

we dont support bad behavior on the streets, we already have a bad name as it is

if he ran from the cops, he did wrong and as i said, we dont support such behavior

now what you mean with criminals? dont get me wrong i dont get offended, but please explain

now he ran, i wonder why? to appear on youtube? obviously he was hiding something. minor or big who knows, but, when someone run from the cops just like that yes. we all assume he is hiding something big, otherwise he wouldnt take the chance / risk, just stop and see what happens

and no we are no saints, we roll the throttle once in a while, but if we get caught we dont run, thats just plain dumb

thats why we assumed"" it was a stolen bike now

if such runner dont wanna be called bike thief well, just stop and prove it

and not only us would think is a stolen bike, i bet ya all those cops tought the same thing

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #38
mightymouse1

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

truth of the matter, i wouldn't have said it was stolen bike. period. some poeple do it for a rush(stupid). he could have had warrants(as stated earlier) and was going to jail anyway,so he thought,might as well run. we never know. yes it was wrong,but i'm not going to call a man a thief,when he might not be.

oh and thanks for uming i was a al sharpton fan.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #39
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:

there you go playing the race card again. why? do you feel that youre "owed" something because youre black? does it make you feel better about yourself? does it make you feel superior?this PC nonsense has really gotten out of hand. YOU got offended when someone only mentioned the word "stolen" when you read that the guy was black. YOU were the one to point that little tidbit out, and others jumped the bandwagon. im my opinion, that makes you the racist, not anyone else. i like it when people say "you got a skeleton to hide when i speak up" because its a cheap and easy cop out to a weak argument. stop it with the racist . its old, its tired, and ITS NOT 1965 ANYMORE. dont believe me? check your calendar. youre getting butthurt over a simple "whoopty-fukcing-doo" here.

nobody needs to be checked. we're allowed to have our opinions just as much as you are. we are happy as when someone gets caught, especially someone on a bike.

facts:

guy ran from teh cops
guy got caught
guy was black
someone mentioned "stolen"
you got hurt about it

i will put my entire yearly salary that if the guy was white and it was assumed that the bike was stolen you wouldnt have said a word.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #40
Azylum
The Chosen One

btw, im not judging you as a person at all despite how cynical my replies may be, but we obviously have differing views on things. we just have to agree to disagree.

Advertisement