MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #141
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA View Post
If a the same guy stole a candy bar from a store and he was shot for the infraction, would you feel sorry for him? I am not saying I would feel sorry for him, but I am not going to say he got what he deserves. The penalty of death is not the justifiable recourse against the crime of theft.
If the same guy put a gun to the owners head to steal the candy bar, then yeah, he deserves it. Your example does not compare.

Its like blaming the police officer, for a riders death, for pursuing him when he refuses to stop. If he hadnt of ran, he wouldnt have died.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
BIKE STOLEN - please keep an eye out. Eddy.T Off Topic 10 05-12-2008 10:40 AM
BIKE STOLEN!! PLZ KEEP AN EYE OUT!! DuBwEaR General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 04-14-2008 03:04 PM
Don't normally agree with Cheney but we see eye to eye on these 2 issues... CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 5 02-24-2007 08:07 AM
Keep an eye out for this bike Greenway Smokey General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-20-2006 11:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #142
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
CHL is a concealed handgun license.

As much as I am for self defense sometimes you have to count the costs and weigh your actions in a SD situation. When I ride I'm in full gear with textile jacket, helmet, and full gauntlet race gloves gloves. Under a perfect situation in regular street clothes I can draw from concealment and fire a shot center mass at about 7 yds in about 1.2 seconds. One of the good things about IDPA shooting events is that you'll know your limitations and your equipments limitation.

Now add in sitting on a bike or standing in full gear and drawing from concealment with gloves on and accurately delivering shots to an opponent that has already taken advantage of the element of surprise and having a drawn weapon. Next add in the adrenaline dump that took place when you brain recognized the threat and you start to go through the very quick decision process of a shoot / no shoot scenario. Both you audio and visual senses are lessened at this point.

Its a tough call. But I may practice on my bike and see if this is feasible.
i agree with the comment above....i was wonderin how the you could get the gun out with gear on in time to pop a cap in their !!!!
gixxergirloh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #143
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
i agree with the comment above....i was wonderin how the you could get the gun out with gear on in time to pop a cap in their !!!!
Not with their gun pointed to you. But if they turned for a second or were distracted. You could get it pretty quickly. When I carry I would like to have a shoulder harness. Unzip jacket, reach in, pull out. Presto.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #144
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Not with their gun pointed to you. But if they turned for a second or were distracted. You could get it pretty quickly. When I carry I would like to have a shoulder harness. Unzip jacket, reach in, pull out. Presto.
i guess if you put it that way.....i needs me a gun then !!!! dont make me have to pull out my gat and go rat a tat tat......
gixxergirloh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #145
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

just put a bomb on it.. as they drive off.. push the button on your cell phone.. they go boom.. society is free of one less bad guy.. and insurance company buys you a new one... you dont know why it blew up.. it just did..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #146
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
i guess if you put it that way.....i needs me a gun then !!!! dont make me have to pull out my gat and go rat a tat tat......
This is the exact holster I will get when I turn 21 and do my CHL:
PVC H170B

Seems to be perfect for concealing in a bike jacket.

swap the gun holster to the other side and you can whip that thing out while riding. I am just kidding, just kidding.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #147
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away... I don't understand why the law has the attitude that a life is worth more than property. For me, it has nothing to do with the value property because that can be replaced. But, more importantly, even if you are lucky enough to live through it chances are the next guy will not. The law should view it as if you are doing society a favor by eliminating a perpetrator who willing to threaten a life to steal. Such a person will always be a danger to society and it is a prime example of the law taking up for the criminal. If it can be proven that your life was threatened in any way, dismissal should unconditional. Just an opnion.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #148
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
CHL is a concealed handgun license.

As much as I am for self defense sometimes you have to count the costs and weigh your actions in a SD situation. When I ride I'm in full gear with textile jacket, helmet, and full gauntlet race gloves gloves. Under a perfect situation in regular street clothes I can draw from concealment and fire a shot center mass at about 7 yds in about 1.2 seconds. One of the good things about IDPA shooting events is that you'll know your limitations and your equipments limitation.

Now add in sitting on a bike or standing in full gear and drawing from concealment with gloves on and accurately delivering shots to an opponent that has already taken advantage of the element of surprise and having a drawn weapon. Next add in the adrenaline dump that took place when you brain recognized the threat and you start to go through the very quick decision process of a shoot / no shoot scenario. Both you audio and visual senses are lessened at this point.

Its a tough call. But I may practice on my bike and see if this is feasible.
My heart goes out to you. I cant imagine what it would feel like to be jacked like that. I do carry a revolver every where I go. NO EXCEPTIONS! Would I have shot at them ...without being there and seeing what was around me I cant honestly say. But I would hope I could at least drop the frikin that was on my bike from across the street.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #149
cmra914

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 1098
06 YZ250F
06 ZX6R Kawi, sold

sorry to hear about that, but just so you know, it is perfectly legal to shoot them as they ride off.
cmra914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #150
custom rider

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

sorry to hear that, should have just took off, i now its easy to say but i might would have done the same thing if i was in ur shoes. good thing ur fine, there r some crazy people out there
custom rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #151
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
This is the exact holster I will get when I turn 21 and do my CHL:
PVC H170B

Seems to be perfect for concealing in a bike jacket.

swap the gun holster to the other side and you can whip that thing out while riding. I am just kidding, just kidding.
they dont call 'em jackass rigs for nothing.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #152
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

I ride with my 40 cal in a holster between my gauges and windscreen. Fits perfect in there and has no play while riding and very easy to grab. Cant see it at all since its black and my gauges and windscreen are black (Been pulled over a couple of times and not once was seen) Guy walks up to jack....accidently turn bike off.....while lifting your leg up/or makin movement to get off (since he is now lookin around for witnesses or is aware your moving around to get off so wont be focused on every little move) grab gun...ready to go. But easier said then done without me bein there and really knowin the situation

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #153
FuDog

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

If it were so clearly legal to shoot a fleeing suspect, the police would be popping everyone that ran. And even though we'd all like to hot the suspect for jacking us... it wouldn't go over well with the suspect's family. Even if you don't get in trouble with the law, get ready for a ridiculous civil suit.
FuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:23 AM   #154
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-6racer View Post
I ride with my 40 cal in a holster between my gauges and windscreen. Fits perfect in there and has no play while riding and very easy to grab. Cant see it at all since its black and my gauges and windscreen are black (Been pulled over a couple of times and not once was seen) Guy walks up to jack....accidently turn bike off.....while lifting your leg up/or makin movement to get off (since he is now lookin around for witnesses or is aware your moving around to get off so wont be focused on every little move) grab gun...ready to go. But easier said then done without me bein there and really knowin the situation
Sounds like a UCW case waiting to happen. Better be careful doing that.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #155
FuDog

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-6racer View Post
Careful man. If someone DOES notice it... that could end up being UCW.
FuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #156
WRX4ME
Molon Labe

Bike(s):
Sold my '88 Katana 600 Streetfighter, '80 Yamaha XS650 and 2006 Yamaha 125 TTR. Lookin 4 a new 1...

sorry to hear

Hope you get back to riding soon. Sooner or later those beeches will f**k with the wrong guy and end up with a bullet in the head.

Glad to hear you are okay, though. I hope the cops find your bike and all ends better than it started.
WRX4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #157
vertigo

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
I have been car jacked before, its easy for people to say what they would or would not do but when you have a pistol pointed at your mellon you see things a bit different. If you do carry and really pay attention you could get the upper hand, but if you f up you might be laid to rest. Lucky for me the guy could not hit the side of a building, 3 shots and did not even hit my truck...Lucky for him I was not carrying as I can hit the side of a building...
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement