MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #41
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
yes it would, but the Pyrofallout was asking about shooting the suspect after he had got on the bike and was leaving.
i am too... if he is getting on the bike or just riding off and i shoot him... did i just prevent him from committing robbery? (if stealing a vehicle is considered robbery) either way... if you are convicted and go to jail for killing someone that is leaving with a bike that they just took from you at gunpoint... there really is something wrong with our justice system... they should pay you for taking out scum like that
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
BIKE STOLEN - please keep an eye out. Eddy.T Off Topic 10 05-12-2008 10:40 AM
BIKE STOLEN!! PLZ KEEP AN EYE OUT!! DuBwEaR General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 04-14-2008 03:04 PM
Don't normally agree with Cheney but we see eye to eye on these 2 issues... CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 5 02-24-2007 08:07 AM
Keep an eye out for this bike Greenway Smokey General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-20-2006 11:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #42
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Keep in mind in the laws in regards to the CHl and shooting..., unless the code has changed... it's worded.. 'It is a DEFENSE AGAINST prosecution'.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #43
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

man that sucks... just another reason i dont ride at night much.. i think this white busa would be too much of a reason to keel me and ride off on it...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #44
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i am too... if he is getting on the bike or just riding off and i shoot him... did i just prevent him from committing robbery? (if stealing a vehicle is considered robbery) either way... if you are convicted and go to jail for killing someone that is leaving with a bike that they just took from you at gunpoint... there really is something wrong with our justice system... they should pay you for taking out scum like that
I agree 100% with you here. But...from what I am understanding from andre3k the court does not see that as a justifiable reason for shooting someone. Maybe it's just me but if you are taking something from me that I worked hard for (bike, car, ect.) I feel a bullet in your might do you some good. No I don't believe they necessarily deserve to die, but I believe I should be able to protect myself, my family, and my property with deadly force if necessary. If they get seriously wounded or worse...well you know maybe you shouldn't been f*cking robbing people in the first place and it wouldn't have happened. I think there is a serious problem with the legal system when someone can steal your property from you and you can be the one to go to jail for shooting them. Honestly to me, if it was my bike, I had no theft insurance and some guy just pointed a gun at my face and took my $10k bike from me, what do you think I am more worried about? This scumbag living to steal from someone else, or getting my bike back? :/:

BTW...should ask my grandpa what would have happened in his days to a man stealing a horse off a ranchers property. lol. Pretty sure no one would have had a problem with it.

/end rant

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 05-12-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #45
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
I don't know if I'd go as far to say all that but I wouldn't bet my life on shooting a fleeing suspect. You still have to be in fear of your life or serious bodily injury. I wouldn't want to explain being in fear or my life when a suspect is riding away from me. If it was that easy the police would shoot every robbery suspect they came in contact with. Having said all of this Harris County and the State of TX in general is pretty understanding of most self defense shootings. Just prepare for the civil suit from the victims family when you do get into a shooting.

The only reason Joe Horn got burned on his deal is because he made that silly phone call.

Last edited by andre3k; 05-12-2008 at 11:13 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #46
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

you would be screwed in court.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I don't know if I'd go as far to say all that but I wouldn't bet my life on shooting a fleeing suspect. You still have to be in fear of your life or serious bodily injury. I wouldn't want to explain being in fear or my life when a suspect is riding away from me. If it was that easy the police would shoot every robbery suspect they came in contact with. Having said all of this Harris County and the State of TX in general is pretty understanding of most self defense shootings. Just prepare for the civil suit from the victims family when you do get into a shooting.

The only reason Joe Horn got burned on his deal is because he made that silly phone call.
i wish you could shoot every burglary suspect... and if the suspect is riding away i would no longer be in fear of my life... but killing him.... or at least shooting him, is preventing him from committing the act of robbery. that is what the penal code says is allowable but for some reason i doubt the courts would see it that way
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #48
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaflatoonx View Post
A car came back to help check on me.... helped me contact 911 ...

I missed this interesting detail by the way - the car from which the two a-holes came out.... didnt have a number plate... it had one of those NEW CAR plates with a date on it.... so that didnt help...

I really hope they pay back - with a leg or a liver - i dont care... but i hope they just crash my bike into a while and crack their head open... so they dont do this to anyone else...

**** THE BIKE... **** THEM TOO----

i would rather loose the bike than to hear someone else go through this as well.....
Sorry to hear that ahmed... i hope they find your bike in one piece. You know i was just thinking if they crash your bike or get hit by someone, might end up on the news or seen by one of us MH riders. Then one of us will make a thread and we all pray for his family and RIP him... thats funny when u think abt it. anyways...

hit me up..
Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #49
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Someone once said...It's makes it a lot easier when there is only one person left to tell the story.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #50
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
i wish you could shoot every burglary suspect... and if the suspect is riding away i would no longer be in fear of my life... but killing him.... or at least shooting him, is preventing him from committing the act of robbery. that is what the penal code says is allowable but for some reason i doubt the courts would see it that way
Or in this case (from what I have read in this thread) preventing them from robbing someone else AND shooting them.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #51
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
, it makes me sick to hear those wastes of humanity took your bike. I commute this area and usually get suspicious when people keep staring at my bike.
I really hope you recover the bike or at least your money. did you have the ignition disabler with your alarm?
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #52
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
, it makes me sick to hear those wastes of humanity took your bike. I commute this area and usually get suspicious when people keep staring at my bike.
I really hope you recover the bike or at least your money. did you have the ignition disabler with your alarm?
what good will that do. if they got the keys from him they likely got the alarm remote.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #53
Eddy.T

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Diavel
2005 GSXR 600
2015 Ducati Diavel

To the guy who said - i should have been aware of my surroundings...

When i was at the light - these guys came out of the car but didnt close the doors... so i didnt even hear that.... But even if i had heard a door open and close - the car was located in my blind spot... i always keep a look out and see around here and there but - man... i missed em this time..

and i ALWAYS take westhiemer... i dont know why i didnt last night...

I had the scorpio alarm installed - 300 bucks...
the only thing i didnt get was the ignition disabler...
but even if i had - wouldnt it be no good since the key set would be with him as well??

guys - i really do appreciate all you have said here...

I have been really shaken up with this...
First time experience of a robbery - hopfully the last...

but you can never be prepared for these kinda things in life...

so to all you guys - be safe and ride safe...

I cant afford another bike right now - but hopefully i will get one some day and come back here and be a part of this awsome community...

Thanks again you all -

you have been kind....

Regards
Ahmed
Eddy.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #54
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
don't let that push you away from this community don't say your goodbye just yet word is that everythin happens for a reason (yet I don't know where or how this falls into place). just hold your head up high and there might be a chance you get the bike returned, we have seen it happen before. we all got your back and have our ears/eyes open. good luck to you kind sir
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #55
Jay
Deleted

F NG BSTRDS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #56
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice
that's pretty scary. I ride up and down richmond by myself alot.
PimpRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #57
dasboot

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2004 R1 - sold

wont your insurance cover the cost to replace your bike?
dasboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #58
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
This same thing happened 2 my customer about 5yrs ago. He was at a gas station pumping gas, dude with a glock walked up on him and told him to finish pumping the gas if i'm not mistaken, and took off.

I woulda tried 2 kick the bike over as he tried 2 leave,
Old 05-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #59
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

no full coverage
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #60
RBLCHIC
599 Chic

Bike(s):
2006 Honda 599

! This sucks. Scary, but lucky you walked away. Good luck on getting these bastards!
RBLCHIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement