MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
you say that there was other cars around you, did they not chase em down at least help you to get a plate #? (but chances the car was hot as well) no worries I would have done the same thing. there is a chance that the gun is fake, unloaded, or they wouldn't use it but its not worth it to find out. hope your insurance works with you and those motherless ufcks get what's commin to them cuz payback is a bia and what goes around comes back around twice as hard.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
BIKE STOLEN - please keep an eye out. Eddy.T Off Topic 10 05-12-2008 10:40 AM
BIKE STOLEN!! PLZ KEEP AN EYE OUT!! DuBwEaR General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 04-14-2008 03:04 PM
Don't normally agree with Cheney but we see eye to eye on these 2 issues... CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 5 02-24-2007 08:07 AM
Keep an eye out for this bike Greenway Smokey General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-20-2006 11:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #22
Eddy.T

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Diavel
2005 GSXR 600
2015 Ducati Diavel

A car came back to help check on me.... helped me contact 911 ...

I missed this interesting detail by the way - the car from which the two a-holes came out.... didnt have a number plate... it had one of those NEW CAR plates with a date on it.... so that didnt help...

I really hope they pay back - with a leg or a liver - i dont care... but i hope they just crash my bike into a while and crack their head open... so they dont do this to anyone else...

**** THE BIKE... **** THEM TOO----

i would rather loose the bike than to hear someone else go through this as well.....
Eddy.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #23
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaflatoonx View Post
Thanks to all for the kind words...

I know its a materialistic loss - but i am sure you all know what this "material" means to us riders...

Update:

The officer called - and said this pair tried the same thing with a car last night.... and shot the guy while trying to do so.... the guy is okay cuz the bullet didnt damage any vital organs....
They have not recovered my bike yet - and as every hour passes by - i loose that hope...

i am not sure what CHL is -
but i will look into it...

to everyone else - ride safe, ride in groups, or ride with a ****IN GUN.

These guys like to put a gun to your head so they can take away what you have - if you get a chance - point a gun to their when they try to run and just ****ING SHOOT. you are doing everyone else a favor.
CHL is a concealed handgun license.

As much as I am for self defense sometimes you have to count the costs and weigh your actions in a SD situation. When I ride I'm in full gear with textile jacket, helmet, and full gauntlet race gloves gloves. Under a perfect situation in regular street clothes I can draw from concealment and fire a shot center mass at about 7 yds in about 1.2 seconds. One of the good things about IDPA shooting events is that you'll know your limitations and your equipments limitation.

Now add in sitting on a bike or standing in full gear and drawing from concealment with gloves on and accurately delivering shots to an opponent that has already taken advantage of the element of surprise and having a drawn weapon. Next add in the adrenaline dump that took place when you brain recognized the threat and you start to go through the very quick decision process of a shoot / no shoot scenario. Both you audio and visual senses are lessened at this point.

Its a tough call. But I may practice on my bike and see if this is feasible.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #24
juan diablo
MR. UNFLANKABLE

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 gsxr 600

Angry

Damm dude sorry to hear that!

Ill keep an eye out
Than need it and not have it!
juan diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #25
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post

As much as I am for self defense sometimes you have to count the costs and weigh your actions in a SD situation. When I ride I'm in full gear with textile jacket, helmet, and full gauntlet race gloves gloves. Under a perfect situation in regular street clothes I can draw from concealment and fire a shot center mass at about 7 yds in about 1.2 seconds. One of the good things about IDPA shooting events is that you'll know your limitations and your equipments limitation.

Now add in sitting on a bike or standing in full gear and drawing from concealment with gloves on and accurately delivering shots to an opponent that has already taken advantage of the element of surprise and having a drawn weapon. Next add in the adrenaline dump that took place when you brain recognized the threat and you start to go through the very quick decision process of a shoot / no shoot scenario. Both you audio and visual senses are lessened at this point.

Exactly,
Have to take into consideration all the innocent bystanders if you miss, or if your round is powerful enough to go through the enemy.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #26
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
Exactly,
Have to take into consideration all the innocent bystanders if you miss, or if your round is powerful enough to go through the enemy.
+1, but if I was armed I would prolly at least line them up in my sights before making that decision of "to shoot or not to shoot".
Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

thats scary. hope they catch those ****ing bastards.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #28
robz1000
Finding My Mojo

Bike(s):
2014 HD Low Rider
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS

That totally sucks, I hope they get caught...looks like if one already had a gun pointing at you, you did the right thing to get off the bike and walk away. If you had a concealed weapon, it wouldn't have made any difference with a gun pointing at you.
robz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #29
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Glad your alive. You can replace a bike but your life is a bit different.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #30
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:

Very true. But, and you know alot about the laws so you may know the answer to this, what is the legality of shooting him after he gets on the bike and starts to take off? If there were no bystanders that may get hurt doing so, of course.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #31
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Sorry to hear this, but glad your alive. This reminds me of Tracy Gee. She was an Architecture student, who would have been in my graduating Class of '91. She was shot and killed in, then her body run over, by carjackers at the intersection of Hillcroft & Hwy 59, back in 1990.

There's a Community Center named in her honor: http://www.pct3.hctx.net/ccTracyGee/History.htm
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #32
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Very true. But, and you know alot about the laws so you may know the answer to this, what is the legality of shooting him after he gets on the bike and starts to take off? If there were no bystanders that may get hurt doing so, of course.
This was pulled straight from the Tx Penal Code.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another if he would be justified in using force under Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable person in the same situation would have not retreated. The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, rape or robbery.

The highlighted section is the most important part here. Is a fleeing suspect that no longer poses an immediate threat justification for use of deadly force? These are the same elements that a grand jury would look at in a self dense case that involved deadly force.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #33
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
whow read your post about them tryin to jack a car and shot the person while doin so, those fools. it had crossed my mind what if to make them struggle for it one lets the bike fall to its side and he might forget-bout-it cuz its too much trouble to pick up but that would probly only em off and only let out their anger one way so nevermind
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #34
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
This was pulled straight from the Tx Penal Code.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another if he would be justified in using force under Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable person in the same situation would have not retreated. The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, rape or robbery.

The highlighted section is the most important part here. Is a fleeing suspect that no longer poses an immediate threat justification for use of deadly force? These are the same elements that a grand jury would look at in a self dense case that involved deadly force.
but wouldn't this highlighted part be in the victims favor?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #35
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
This sucks that this happend but what part of black guy getting out of a car didnt trigger the oh imma jet reflex? Gotta be aware of your surroundings.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #36
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Omg! What a horrible experience! Just glad you are ok! The bike can be replaced!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #37
zampano

Send a message via AIM to zampano
sorry to hear about your troubles man, but as it has been said, trying to get a jump on someone who already has a gun drawn PLUS when you are wearing gloves, is very difficult and risky. Trying to shoot the guy in the back as he takes off is another thing, but you still probably have to take the gloves off.

Knew a girl who was in a similar situation though, asked the guy if he wanted her helmet ... and then kicked the outta him when he went to put it on and couldnt see

However, you're always better off stayin calm and in control of yourself though, not doing anything heroic or stupid, much more important that you didnt get shot
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #38
hellraiser
NinJa pLzzzz

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa & Honda CBR 929rr

Send a message via Yahoo to hellraiser
srry to hear that BRO .i'm so agree with u ride in gropu or ride with the GUN well i hope they find ur BIKE cuz ***k they haven't find mine yet mine got stole front of my HOUSE .
Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #39
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
sorry to hear about your troubles man, but as it has been said, trying to get a jump on someone who already has a gun drawn PLUS when you are wearing gloves, is very difficult and risky. Trying to shoot the guy in the back as he takes off is another thing, but you still probably have to take the gloves off.

Knew a girl who was in a similar situation though, asked the guy if he wanted her helmet ... and then kicked the outta him when he went to put it on and couldnt see

However, you're always better off stayin calm and in control of yourself though, not doing anything heroic or stupid, much more important that you didnt get shot
i gotta remember that one
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #40
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
but wouldn't this highlighted part be in the victims favor?
yes it would, but the Pyrofallout was asking about shooting the suspect after he had got on the bike and was leaving.

Advertisement