MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #21
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
yeah, but I don't think it's so much about Tim and Lisa making money on the loaners as much as it is a convenience to the customer and keeps them coming back....kinda silly how someone will have so little respect for other peoples things and take them for granted.
It probably is, but if the person has insurance and a claim is open it's not costing them anyway, and the coverage is there. Now if that person doesn't have insurance or the repairs aren't claim related then it's ABSOLUTELY a convenience.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attn: Insurance Agents elephant head Off Topic 8 06-25-2010 05:08 PM
I think people that have medical insurance... or cash... cdill35 Off Topic 54 04-20-2009 09:09 AM
Cool People Helping People jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-04-2008 11:42 PM
ATTN ATTN: sinh sinh tonight hfa3g11 Events, Meets and Rides 31 04-02-2006 11:49 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

actually this was the first time that we had the driver sign a release stating a daily cost for the use of our vehicle.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #23
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Its not about us making money at all, they are FREE loaner cars, that we buy and maintain and insure and everything, I even had a lady call me 4 days after she picked one up, (we were doing a engine job for her) and said she needed to bring the loaner back and pick up another one, I thought something was wrong with it and asked her she said it was out of gas and either she wanted to get another car or come by and let us fill it up for her, I told her it had a full tank when she picked it up and she ran around enough to run a whole tank out, she said she wasent putting gas in it because it wasent HER car, and she didnt think she should have to put gas in our car, the guy who wrecked ours monday, called to tell us about it on wendesday and ask if we had another one he could pick up man some people
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #24
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

our document of responsibilty reads like this

We as a company, Ellis Performance, have put you in one of our company loaner cars at $25.00 per day. This means that your insurance will cover any damages done. Once our car is in your hands it is your resposibilty to take care of it. You are also in agreement that you will not let anyone else but yourself drive this vehicle. We as a company will also require prrof of insurance and a valid drivers' license to keep in our records for future loaner car use. We also, ask if you pick it up with a full tank you bring it back with a full tank.

we had the customer sign date and hand write tdl #
Old 05-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #25
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Its not about us making money at all, they are FREE loaner cars, that we buy and maintain and insure and everything, I even had a lady call me 4 days after she picked one up, (we were doing a engine job for her) and said she needed to bring the loaner back and pick up another one, I thought something was wrong with it and asked her she said it was out of gas and either she wanted to get another car or come by and let us fill it up for her, I told her it had a full tank when she picked it up and she ran around enough to run a whole tank out, she said she wasent putting gas in it because it wasent HER car, and she didnt think she should have to put gas in our car, the guy who wrecked ours monday, called to tell us about it on wendesday and ask if we had another one he could pick up man some people
sadly this is why most places don't give free loaner cars. kudos to you for being a cool guy and doing that (obviously your a good guy to work with), but if it were my business i wouldn't do it for free. too many people don't take care of your . you are performing a thankless services to those customers.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
are you kidding me? Some people have no RESPECT...even adults I suppose. Heck, I went out of my way to fill the vehicle up right before returning as a small thank you for loaning me the car for free while mine was down....people these days
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #27
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

oh your welcome but next time it will cost ya
Old 05-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja nana View Post
oh your welcome but next time it will cost ya
sh*t it cost me nearly 2k between the 2 visits

still running strong though fo' sure!!!! You guys are the BESTEST in the car repair business, bar none!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #29
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:

still running strong though fo' sure!!!! You guys are the BESTEST in the car repair business, bar none!!!!
thank you so much, I think you're the chit too
Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #30
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #31
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
our document of responsibilty reads like this

We as a company, Ellis Performance, have put you in one of our company loaner cars at $25.00 per day. This means that your insurance will cover any damages done. Once our car is in your hands it is your resposibilty to take care of it. You are also in agreement that you will not let anyone else but yourself drive this vehicle. We as a company will also require prrof of insurance and a valid drivers' license to keep in our records for future loaner car use. We also, ask if you pick it up with a full tank you bring it back with a full tank.

we had the customer sign date and hand write tdl #

good job!!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #32
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:

first visit $534.35
second visit $439.82
third visit $128.52

for a total of $1102.69
that must mean you owe us $897.31 or retract your exagerated statement.

or start drinking the better tequilla.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #33
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
first visit $534.35
second visit $439.82
third visit $128.52

for a total of $1102.69
that must mean you owe us $897.31 or retract your exagerated statement.

or start drinking the better tequilla.
THAT does not include the $200 a/c compressor I bought before coming in, new tires that ran me $250 at Discount Tire, the $40 used junk yard part (condensor I think it was) all the freon I wasted before coming in and add'l AC parts. Close to 2k in my book maybe it wasn't all there, but I did spend 2k on ol' blue within a 1 month period Sorry, I've smoked a few skull bongs and drank some cheap tequila since then

see, it was 3 visits, not two....LOL!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #34
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #35
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
THAT does not include the $200 a/c compressor I bought before coming in, new tires that ran me $250 at Discount Tire, the $40 used junk yard part (condensor I think it was) all the freon I wasted before coming in and add'l AC parts. Close to 2k in my book maybe it wasn't all there, but I did spend 2k on ol' blue within a 1 month period Sorry, I've smoked a few skull bongs and drank some cheap tequila since then

see, it was 3 visits, not two....LOL!
just don't want people thinkin we break out the vasaline when you bring your car in that is all.

Advertisement