MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #141
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

The bike took most of the pain it seems. He had some good gear on! It hurts me to look at them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	11708   Click image for larger version

Name:	013.1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	11709  
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 08/09 Forrest Ride FuelSlut Events, Meets and Rides 46 08-09-2009 08:00 PM
Due To Popular Demand 05.31.08 Forrest Ride tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 64 06-01-2008 05:31 AM
5/18/08 forrest ride onewheelmoto Events, Meets and Rides 270 05-23-2008 01:16 AM
5.25.08 Forrest Ride tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 23 05-21-2008 06:27 PM
5.17.08 Forrest Ride cobra281 Events, Meets and Rides 117 05-19-2008 12:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #142
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

frame snap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	11710  
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #143
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
frame snap

That's a wrap.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #144
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Triumph FTL!

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #145
CChang52

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'08 Triumph Daytona 675

Well I went ahead and made a claim on my insurance. I told them what REALLY happened just to save myself possible headache. Thanks for the advice some of you gave me anyways Whatever happens from now on is out of my control. I was just reading through my policy and apparently my gear is covered in there too! Anybody ever buy back a wrecked bike before? I build honda B and K series engines in my spare time. I wouldn't mind building myself a spare triple motor.

Chris
CChang52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #146
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
ahh the days of CYA on moto...

guys please stick to the speed limit if not 5 over because 149 isnt exactly the best place to take newbie riders.. ive heard story apon story of someone with a little ride time going out there and trying to play around and show off and end up on their , esp by that church where the turn cuts back on you.

If your a good group lead, you will stick to the speed limit or 5 over and keep and eye/contact with your sweeper. IF, some yahoo from your group doesnt like the pace, GO AROUND you know were the group is going, if you want to show off and turn the road into a track go for it! but its your when you either a. get a ticket (if your lucky) or b. wreck and hurt yourself (if your lucky) or c. wreck and die...(not so lucky..)

thats all im going to say on group rides. ive started way too many in my day and seen too many things! so giving my 2 cents
called it yesterday.. like i said , i feel bad for the guy that wrecked, but trying to turn 149 into a track or going fast on that road is just not safe. me and dave rode it today and we had a car pull out from a street after a hill (so it was a blind turn so to speak) and we were going the speed limit and were able to avoid being hit.... i could just imagine what would of happened if we were going 100+
Old 05-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #147
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

and that bike looks BAD! that sucks!
Old 05-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #148
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by CChang52 View Post
Well I went ahead and made a claim on my insurance. I told them what REALLY happened just to save myself possible headache. Thanks for the advice some of you gave me anyways Whatever happens from now on is out of my control. I was just reading through my policy and apparently my gear is covered in there too! Anybody ever buy back a wrecked bike before? I build honda B and K series engines in my spare time. I wouldn't mind building myself a spare triple motor.

Chris
I bought back my ZX-6R. Maybe I missed it but why do you need a spare motor?

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #149
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybikes View Post
I bought back my ZX-6R. Maybe I missed it but why do you need a spare motor?
buy his bike back and buy another 675... boom spare motor
Old 05-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #150
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
called it yesterday.. like i said , i feel bad for the guy that wrecked, but trying to turn 149 into a track or going fast on that road is just not safe. me and dave rode it today and we had a car pull out from a street after a hill (so it was a blind turn so to speak) and we were going the speed limit and were able to avoid being hit.... i could just imagine what would of happened if we were going 100+
Well....Tiatool did a good job with the pre ride meeting. We talked about limits, speeds, particular corners, gear etc.

I didn't see him go down. Maybe someone did. It was the first time I had met him. He didn't and still doesn't strike me as a show off. I think he just made mistake.

Let's not assume he was hauling , showing off, feeding his ego or any of those other sterotypical things.

I do agree with you though...100+ on 149 is stupidity. :nono:
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #151
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter1125 View Post
Saw you guys on 105.. Well atleast I know I saw Holligan!
did u happen to see a bus load of chicks chasing me?? they where
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #152
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
did u happen to see a bus load of chicks chasing me?? they where
The Rainbow parade was behind you! It was right at 1485/105.. I passed on my way to college station..
sixshooter1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #153
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
yeah that was just me, adam and teela. i dont know about the whole ranbow parade, sounds made up
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #154
moocbr1000
Amature Gynaecolist

Bike(s):
CBR1000

Quote:
buy his bike back and buy another 675... boom spare motor
I would buy the bike back and buy a new frame swap the frames and alittle body work and put some money in your pocket or buy another used bike! Now you have two bikes. Then you will have to choose witch one to ride.
moocbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #155
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
so r u happy now that u called it?
the guy just lowsided. he wasn't showing off or anything. please don't talk t if u don't know what happen. thank he isn't in the hospital and yor here like see i called it.
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #156
CChang52

Bike(s):
'08 Triumph Daytona 675

I have to agree that the pre ride meeting, advice, leader/sweeper setup, etc...it made a world of difference. I was quite a bit surprised with the level of organization with so many people. Everybody seemed to genuinely care about everybody elses safety and actively demonstrated that concern. Many thanks to all those more experienced taking care of the newer riders.

My crash had nothing to do with the pace of the other riders. I was on my own pace and felt perfectly comfortable until the moment I leaned in for that turn and saw what I had committed to. It is refreshing to see that there are decent people in this hobby that don't hesitate to help each other. That aspect alone makes me want to get back on ASAP. I think the ride home in the 90+ degree heat in dense traffic sucked more than the fall :P

Chris
CChang52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #157
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
so r u happy now that u called it?
the guy just lowsided. he wasn't showing off or anything. please don't talk t if u don't know what happen. thank he isn't in the hospital and yor here like see i called it.
just trying to point things out for the new people to not try to ride over their heads down new roads...

if you dont know the road, go half of your "normal" pace, till you learn the road.. simple as that, dont expect to be able to go your "normal" pace that you do around town on a road you have never been down before.

because there is always going to be a turn you cant read or arent too sure with and you wont make the turn correctly. thats why i always suggestion riding below your pace on a new road. dont try to match your pace compared to what you have done on other roads.

its just like the track, first session out your not going to go to the wall. your going to take your time, not even go over prob like 60-70 and just get re-adjusted to your bike. re-learn your lines and then later in the day start picking up the pace.

After cranking a few miles under my belt, i have learned these things and with the start of the summer coming apon us i just want to try and get the noobs to learn SOMETHING before the summer starts and thats to BE SAFE out there when you ride. because this is not, and will not be the last wreck of the year. But if i can keep one person from wrecking this year then ill be happy.

I know when i started riding i acted a fool and did some stuff i shouldnt of done, but i lucked out and didnt wreck. I had my close calls and learned my lessons. So im just trying to pass down some of my experience down to others who are starting out fresh and are trying to find their path in the motorcycling world. Because i was in their shoes not too long ago.

If you take this information as talking , then your obviously retarded in the first place and your parents should of spanked you more when you were a kid. Because when someone offers information trying to help you and you turn around and say they are talking then you have issues.....

that is all
Old 05-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #158
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

oh snap...
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #159
moocbr1000
Amature Gynaecolist

Bike(s):
CBR1000

your first coment said it all

Quote:
just trying to point things out for the new people to not try to ride over their heads down new roads...

if you dont know the road, go half of your "normal" pace, till you learn the road.. simple as that, dont expect to be able to go your "normal" pace that you do around town on a road you have never been down before.

because there is always going to be a turn you cant read or arent too sure with and you wont make the turn correctly. thats why i always suggestion riding below your pace on a new road. dont try to match your pace compared to what you have done on other roads.

its just like the track, first session out your not going to go to the wall. your going to take your time, not even go over prob like 60-70 and just get re-adjusted to your bike. re-learn your lines and then later in the day start picking up the pace.

After cranking a few miles under my belt, i have learned these things and with the start of the summer coming apon us i just want to try and get the noobs to learn SOMETHING before the summer starts and thats to BE SAFE out there when you ride. because this is not, and will not be the last wreck of the year. But if i can keep one person from wrecking this year then ill be happy.

I know when i started riding i acted a fool and did some stuff i shouldnt of done, but i lucked out and didnt wreck. I had my close calls and learned my lessons. So im just trying to pass down some of my experience down to others who are starting out fresh and are trying to find their path in the motorcycling world. Because i was in their shoes not too long ago.

If you take this information as talking , then your obviously retarded in the first place and your parents should of spanked you more when you were a kid. Because when someone offers information trying to help you and you turn around and say they are talking then you have issues.....

that is all
I think your parents should have put a bar of sope in your mouth. Who are you to say I told you so, and accidents happen every day! that is why they are called accidents! For one rider to wish or say that I called it is so wrong and just not right. Yea you are wrong we are not retarted just educated, you sound like you know what you are talking about well sir you don't just sound retarted! No matter how many times you may run the track or the same road there is always going to be something new everytime you ride. you sould know that or(called it) bad things happen to good people everyday and there is no way that you could have called this. It ws not even on 149! What happened was a miss hap and thank that he was looking out for us on our ride today. So before you call it or give advise I want to see you on a gpmoto race or as instucture on the track or in a safty riding course. Until then I would not say a word about someones riding ablilties!
moocbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #160
Brandon

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

His lowside was in a right hand turn after a small bridge on 3090. The bike was barely off the roadway in the ditch, he couldn't have been going much over 40mph and the turn was posted as 30mph (I think). Perhaps the bike wasn't settled before diving into the turn or maybe his tires were on a paint stripe/tar snake. Who knows.

I'm just glad he was able to walk away and ride it home. What a trooper!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement