MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #61
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
WOW! I am not that gutsy! I would be worried about getting shot at!
The guy didn't look too rational either. She went right for it too, like it was just instinctive on her part.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smokers BigComfy Health and Fitness 259 01-24-2014 09:02 AM
cigar smokers? tonyt915 Off Topic 18 02-27-2010 08:33 PM
Smokers, You get a new Tax RojerLockless Off Topic 121 02-23-2009 10:49 PM
Yet Another Question For Smokers Phydeaux Off Topic 12 01-02-2009 04:55 PM
smokers Azylum Off Topic 51 02-07-2008 03:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #62
mightymouse1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

if the cops were behind them,better yet,a trooper,we wouldn't be having this discussion. they know what they are doing or just not thinking.

bugs are part of the envrioment.there nothing we can do about that. imo having someone flick butts while you are behind them on a bike is equal to sneezing/coughing on someone. no,it doesn't hurt,but it's rude and shows no respect. for all the people saying stop whining,maybe you should get behind somebody with box of cigars and purposly let them chunk at you. don't do anything. just smile and wave.
mightymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #63
Liqued600RR

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Honda cbr 600 rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
...you know, if you have a problems eating butts from the car ahead, there are 2 easy solutions...

Change lanes and back off.
Words of wisdom.. Most the time a cigarette doesn't travel far after thrown out a window. So if your following to close in the first place I could see this being a problem. The ones I worry about is the ones in pickups that have a bed load of that falls out or flies out. I seen a big box come out of a truck on 225 yesterday and a huge sink fall off an over loaded pickup on i-10 on the east side of baytown. Ill get over that little cigarette. But them other two items would have left a scar for sure.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #64
Polo1000RR

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Whats funny to me hear is all the people hear that don't like non smokers telling them whats good and bad for there body are the same ones driving around taking pictures of people wearing no gear. Who gives a if someone wants to ride around with no jacket or just earing shorts, it's there body and it's doing no harm to you. It's amazing how some people complain about that and do things to there own body that are far for sure hurting there body. Don't get me wrong I don't give a what you smoke but these same ones sure like to get in other peoples buisiness.

And I agree, if your worried about the cig butts your riding too close to the car!!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #65
xdeviousdavex

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
not arguing it isnt. im actually in the process of quitting.

just tired of hearing the "nonsmokers" preach about what they think we should be doing with our bodies when they do things just as bad to their own.
thank you... i mean i smoke, but i never throw out a cig unless NO ONE is behind me or if i am at a standstill. (doesnt matter whether they are on a bike or in a car)
Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #66
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Ghod PLEASE do NOT go off on 'disrespectful' "driving" habits...

Seriously with the way people drive & ride out here.. the 'respect' aspect of discarding a is kind of funny.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #67
Polo1000RR

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Ghod PLEASE do NOT go off on 'disrespectful' "driving" habits...

Seriously with the way people drive & ride out here.. the 'respect' aspect of discarding a is kind of funny.
^+1000 For real just ride by be ready for the next guy to come over into your lane!!! Nobody even knows what respect is anymore on the road>
Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #68
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
So what do you do when you see trash being tossed out of a car window or accidentally flying out of a truck bed? Instead of hog-tying the offender to your car, we suggest turning them in through the Texas Department of Transportation’s Report a Litterer Program.

When you see litter exit a vehicle, intentionally or accidentally, write down the following information — license plate number, make and color of vehicle, date and time, location, who tossed the litter and what was tossed. Now fill in below, be as accurate as possible and submit:
Texas license plate number (Texas plates only)
Make of vehicle
Time of day
Who tossed (driver, passenger or accidental)
What was tossed
TxDOT compares the information to our vehicle registration database and when an exact match is located, we send the litterer a Don't Mess with Texas litterbag along with a letter reminding them to keep their trash off of our roads.

http://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/rep...erer/index.php
Tax dollars at work, they ought to go arrest any stupid mf'r that would throw a burning object out of a vehicle (or maybe just go throw a burning object into their vehicle), imo of course.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #69
juan diablo
MR. UNFLANKABLE

Bike(s):
2005 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo1000RR View Post
Whats funny to me hear is all the people hear that don't like non smokers telling them whats good and bad for there body are the same ones driving around taking pictures of people wearing no gear. Who gives a if someone wants to ride around with no jacket or just earing shorts, it's there body and it's doing no harm to you. It's amazing how some people complain about that and do things to there own body that are far for sure hurting there body. Don't get me wrong I don't give a what you smoke but these same ones sure like to get in other peoples buisiness.

And I agree, if your worried about the cig butts your riding too close to the car!!
Mclovin nice!
Than need it and not have it!
juan diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #70
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

half the time, the dumb are throwing STILL LIT butts out the window at me! As for following too close, rush hour in Houston doesnt afford you the option of staying 200 ft behind the car in front.
gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #71
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
half the time, the dumb are throwing STILL LIT butts out the window at me! As for following too close, rush hour in Houston doesnt afford you the option of staying 200 ft behind the car in front.
Don't you mean 'Rush hour in houston doesn't afford you the option of staying 200 ft behind the car in front, w/o someone else moving into that spot'?

...which would put an obstacle between you and that 'cigarette'.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #72
Gringo3825

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600 sold!!!!
09 Buell XB1200Scg

LISTEN Mother fu@#ers in 06 was held at gun point by some punk a$$ kids for my bike. Don't tell me not to have a gun. When you have an AK put in your face because some one is to much of a punk to buy his own bike then you can talk otherwise shut the f#&k up.(No they didn't get my bike, but got someone elses though) You bet, some try and run me over on PURPOSE i will put it on cruise and take the shot. car,truck vs bike they might as well have a gun in there hand pointed at you.
Gringo3825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #73
Gringo3825

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600 sold!!!!
09 Buell XB1200Scg

It's not always avoidable either. You really think I got time to sit there and check who is smoking and who is not while I'm driving in I-10 traffic. I just made a point that if you smoke be courteous to bikes not to throw your butts out the windows.
Gringo3825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #74
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Don't you mean 'Rush hour in houston doesn't afford you the option of staying 200 ft behind the car in front, w/o someone else moving into that spot'?

...which would put an obstacle between you and that 'cigarette'.
that AND in rush hour traffic the isnt gonna fly ANYWHERE, let alone hit you.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #75
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo3825 View Post
LISTEN Mother fu@#ers in 06 was held at gun point by some punk a$$ kids for my bike. Don't tell me not to have a gun. When you have an AK put in your face because some one is to much of a punk to buy his own bike then you can talk otherwise shut the f#&k up.(No they didn't get my bike, but got someone elses though) You bet, some try and run me over on PURPOSE i will put it on cruise and take the shot. car,truck vs bike they might as well have a gun in there hand pointed at you.
you pull a gun on me while im driving your ONLY option would be to take me out, because i guarantee you youre going down.

shooting at drivers is really, REALLY fukcing retarded, unless theyre shooting at you.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #76
juan diablo
MR. UNFLANKABLE

Bike(s):
2005 gsxr 600

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo3825 View Post
You 4got to mention they also took ur !
Than need it and not have it!
juan diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #77
Warpbender
warped and bent

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
So what do you do when you see trash being tossed out of a car window or accidentally flying out of a truck bed? Instead of hog-tying the offender to your car, we suggest turning them in through the Texas Department of Transportation’s Report a Litterer Program.

When you see litter exit a vehicle, intentionally or accidentally, write down the following information — license plate number, make and color of vehicle, date and time, location, who tossed the litter and what was tossed. Now fill in below, be as accurate as possible and submit:
Texas license plate number (Texas plates only)
Make of vehicle
Time of day
Who tossed (driver, passenger or accidental)
What was tossed
TxDOT compares the information to our vehicle registration database and when an exact match is located, we send the litterer a Don't Mess with Texas litterbag along with a letter reminding them to keep their trash off of our roads.

http://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/rep...erer/index.php
That's awesome Dave, thanks for that!

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #78
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #79
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post

Also smoking weed doesn't lead to smoking crack. I have never tried crack and have no plan to.

lies!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #80
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned