Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #21
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

As stated, you can present your evidence to the DA before the court date. As for meeting with the judge before your court date, I doubt that one.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Not So Bright Officers BigComfy Off Topic 9 09-27-2011 10:21 PM
Officers of the year? Vegas Kid Off Topic 9 06-28-2011 09:46 AM
Any DPS officers on here? Tiller1k Off Topic 31 08-05-2009 03:33 PM
? for loan officers gtdrivr Off Topic 5 11-06-2008 04:12 PM
Officers Salary Nightster Ridester Off Topic 19 11-07-2006 09:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #22
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50
03' GSXR 750 - True Method

Send a message via Yahoo to UNKNOWN_DJ
Well I have the receipt from oreilly with the mounting clip and srews for the plate and a pair of lights for the rear. I hope that is enought because I don't want to pay someone to do something that only takes maybe 10 minutes to do.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_DJ View Post
Well I have the receipt from oreilly with the mounting clip and srews for the plate and a pair of lights for the rear. I hope that is enought because I don't want to pay someone to do something that only takes maybe 10 minutes to do.
take some pictures

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

I am going to take pictures and a clip of the lights when I hit and let off the brakes. So that way they see it is working properly.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #25
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #26
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

Well couldn't do it 6 months ago since I just bought the car. So sorry and I am not going to pay a fine for this.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #27
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #28
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

Getting pulled over was a couple years ago. State troopers are harder on you then most city cops from the experieces I have had. Plus my plate had fell on to my floor board and he just said on the windshield would be fine to have there.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #29
Liqued600RR

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Honda cbr 600 rr

Them dps in and around Lubbock will pull you over for anything and write you a ticket cops in them parts are alot different from here. They try to get you in trouble there and they write tickets for everything. Cops are are way more relaxed here.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #30
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

my sc400 doesn't have a place in the front for a license plate. No way I'm drilling holes in the bumper for that...been pulled over and the popo didn't say a thing about it. I do keep it under the front seat just in case.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #31
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Getting pulled over was a couple years ago. State troopers are harder on you then most city cops from the experieces I have had. Plus my plate had fell on to my floor board and he just said on the windshield would be fine to have there.
Really? I have never had issues with a trooper. I am always respectful and they are always cool as chit. Never gotten a ticket from a trooper.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #32
tarosean

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Really? I have never had issues with a trooper. I am always respectful and they are always cool as chit. Never gotten a ticket from a trooper.
Lucky you...

DPS is the only agency that I have received tickets from... warnings from everybody else...
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #33
bullydog

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1000

Got pulled over for headlight out at dusk. Not 100 yards away were dozens of illegal immigrants that congregate daily in front of a store looking for work. So does the pig do anything about the FEDERAL criminals that he passes on a daily basis? no he gives the ticket to the law abiding LEGAL citizen who pays taxes, has gainful employment with a clean driving history. That my friend is everything that is wrong with this country. Just because the law dictates it, does not mean it's right. I could never be a cop for this reason.
bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #34
tarosean

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Ok, well this morning I was pulled over in my car. I was given a ticket for one brake light being out and my license plate being in my windshield. My car did not some with mounting hardware for a plate in the front bumber. My question is what is the actuall law regarding the license plate? I also want to know about what to tell the judge about my car not having a left brake light? I am sorry but I am just really upset that he wants to give me a BS ticket for this. I been pulled over once by a State Trooper coming home from the valley. He stop me for the plate not being vissable in the front and told me that the windshield would be fine. Makes me wonder why he didn't say anything about my rear plate being in the window as well. I have a plate box in the window with light and all. He was trying to give me a hassell because there was no light that you can see light up the plate. When there is one but just hidden to not be seen. The plate lights up really bright when at night not at 7:40am. If you guys can help me out with what is the actuall law on this issue?
When I first moved to TX, none of my vehicles even had mounts for Front plates. (not necessary where I lived).

I quickly received several warnings for no front plate, even in the windsheild...

so I assume it is a law....
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #35
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

Well I have had them give me their reasons why not to do it but I have manage to not get a ticket from them. They are not that hard in some parts going south. I have had some just mess with me to check and make sure everything was straight. I even had a cop pull me over suposivly clocking me doing over 80 when I was on the other side of the center median going south and him going north. Ask me where I was going and why I was in a hurry. It just so happen to be when I wanted to take my bike to the valley after I found out my Great Grandmonther had just past away. So guess he didn't want to give me a ticket then.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #36
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
When I first moved to TX, none of my vehicles even had mounts for Front plates. (not necessary where I lived).

I quickly received several warnings for no front plate, even in the windsheild...

so I assume it is a law....
I have had a warning but I though as long as it is visable for so mainy feet it's ok. I am going to put in the front and just not have to be hasseled about it again. He did like checking out my ride, and was wondering why I have switch box in my car. I slammed the car to the ground on the air ride and he just shaked his head. He said he couldn't see why people like that. That he was an old school person. I just really want to know what is the actual law just for me to know what is really correct.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #37
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

Dave I had zip ties with me and was thinkg about doing it. I was reffering to the back hatch and not cut a hole that was filled in already. The front I am going to put two hole in it so I can put the plate on it. I just don't want to have this happen again.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #38
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
um cuz it's illegal (one brake light being out) .........crazy huh?

quit whining, either it's legal or not.
i was pulled over last night coming fron san antonio cuz of my plate light wasnt working...and he just pulled me over, told be to fix it....ask about the Honda sticker on the back of the jeep ( and about some others sticker ...i dunno why) and said have a good night...real nice guy....

But then again 5 months ago they gave me a ticket for a busted taillight.....well.....how the am i supposed to see its not working???? give a warning and if u see me like thata again...then give me a ticket but o well i fixed it...and show proof of it at the court and got it dissmissed

just my experience
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #39
baggedteg
Kingralphthe3rd's Groupie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750, 2002 xr50 stunter

SORRY TO HEAR THAT HOMIE
baggedteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #40
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedteg View Post
SORRY TO HEAR THAT HOMIE

Naw it's not a big issue I guess. I am just upset that a simple " I am just going to give you a warning" would have so much better then taking time to go to downtown for it. Oh well the lights have been changed and the plate in on the bumper. At least now I won't have a reason for them to bother me now I guess. I got to take some of this bother our on the phifty while riding around my neighborhood. Give them a good reason to pull me over while I ride on one wheel around here...

Advertisement