Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
looks like i might not need to drain radiator

wes does this vid pretty much cover it with same motor right ?

mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KTM valve work? Joe-357 Super Motards 2 07-31-2015 05:22 PM
Valve adjustment and 15k service HELP! AndyDaBoss General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-14-2013 09:18 PM
Bike Service SW Side ? joeybaila General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 08-30-2011 02:11 PM
[pearland] ktm valve adjustment mekrew How To's and Q & A's 7 03-03-2011 11:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #22
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

Obviously a internet mechanic. I see several mistakes.
1) did not use the crank tdc lock bolt to hold crank in place. This is a must. I dont care who you are. That crank will move and you will not get them correct. USE THE DAM LOCK!!. Thats what it is there for. After all ktm did design and build the bike. Not not this garage guy..
2) The spec is 0.12mm or 0.0047 in. He said about 5ths. From my experiance. I would set the intake at 5ths and the exhaust at 6ths. The exhaust gets hotter and therfor takesup more clearance when hot.
3) Mistake. He said 10 foot pounds torque on the lock nut. WRONG!! 8 foot pounds. and his method of six point nut . Thats BS. When you torque the nut it changes the clearances 8ft pds max . You can strip the nut also evertime you over tighten it.
4) Nowfor the biggy. You saw him check the exhaust valves but did you see him adjust them. NO!!. So try to adjust them with the RADS on. You must use the guages that he had because it is so tight.

Wes
Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #23
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
cool thanks for info

so
1. radiators HAVE to come off ?
2. so normal feeler gauges arent going todo the trick ?
3. what do you mean 5ths and 6ths ... i just normally read the .12mm or whatever or feeler gauges

ill prob have squanto and c0rey help me the first time to get the hang of it ...
do i already need to check em after 1 track day ? i guess better safe than sorry huh
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

5 thousanths and 6 thousandths.. i think i spelled that right..
Old 05-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #25
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Take it to Scott's Greg! And give me a call I want to help work on it. Valves are easy.
TheMagicMan is online now   Reply With Quote