Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #21
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaKaZeE_FZR! View Post
all i was sayin is its like we are targets to the cages, and we need to find a way to even the odds, not that " caryin a gun is the only means", just that when you use a 3000 lb car as a projectile, how else are you to protect yourself. the streets are flooded today with more and more ignorant drivers, and riders, and someone needs to stand up and speak out, cause in reality, we have no other option to even the odds. not that im a radical gun totin thug, just i refuse to relinquish my rights to use the same roadways as the cages, i pay taxes too and there needs to be some sort of organization to bring these issues to the publics view. sorry for gettin agitated, its just im tired of hearin about more and more of these each day, it seems like it is gettin to be a more frequent occurrence, and if it isnt stopped, there will be none of us to say anything. so sheep, keep followin the heard, as for me, its life or death out there, and i chose life, im not a fair weather rider and i dont have a bike cause its cool, its a way of life and i refuse to change for anyone. and this is about the rider, and all the rest of us still on the streets. what affects one, affects all. he was up and talkin to the cop, but like in my situation, the cop was probably just checkin to see if he could write any tickets to fill his quota. i was just usin this as a jump off to get others opinion and now i see
so because of this youre just gonna go'a'blazin, huh?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down Blackhawk & Fuqua spidermanfreak2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 11-16-2014 01:42 AM
where can I buy dry ice (south houston, BW8 & Blackhawk area) urbanXJ Off Topic 13 10-30-2014 05:37 PM
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
To the squid on 45N & 2351 pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-14-2012 04:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2008, 01:50 AM   #22
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

keep ridin the wagon, im out. daum sheep
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #23
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

i dont even own a gun, just makin a point that we are the victims and someone needs to speak out, but whatever
Old 05-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #24
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

guns will solve nothing, you are pitting yourself (500#) against a car/truck at 3000+#. you ARE going to lose everytime.

like tony said, awareness is your best friend on the roadways.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #25
Azylum
The Chosen One

fact is that over 90% of accidents involving motorcyclists is due to rider error--its the riders fault. ill take out a mirror or two if a cage acts a fool, but a gun is never the answer. you shoot a moving cage, you are putting EVERYONE within half a mile (or more) in mortal danger. would you feel good about killing a child walking on a side walk? at least you taught that cager a lesson, right?
Old 05-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #26
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

i think he was just using the gun thing as a extended metaphor. he knows not to use a gun in anger.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #27
JBIRD5363

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

i have an extended cab tundra not a small truck and some tard in a civic tried to bully me today at the scene of a wreck I was a fire fighter and an emt way to long for you to bogart me from stoping at a wreck the way people act around bikes burn me thay think that thares a protective bubble around bikes a gun might not be a good idea but something does need to be done about the bias police and public have about not sticking up for the bikers
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #28
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post
i have an extended cab tundra not a small truck and some tard in a civic tried to bully me today at the scene of a wreck I was a fire fighter and an emt way to long for you to bogart me from stoping at a wreck the way people act around bikes burn me thay think that thares a protective bubble around bikes a gun might not be a good idea but something does need to be done about the bias police and public have about not sticking up for the bikers
im not arguing that we get the short end of the stick most of the time. but as one person said, its just part of the game.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #29
JBIRD5363

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

o totally agree but that dosent go to say that someone cant shoot a letter (figure of speach) up the ranks and maybe get more than a 30 second clip in drivers ed on driving around bikes maybe teach the younger kids more on driving safely when i was younger i thought the road was my race track truth is it gets people killed every day cars and bikes
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #30
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post
o totally agree but that dosent go to say that someone cant shoot a letter (figure of speach) up the ranks and maybe get more than a 30 second clip in drivers ed on driving around bikes maybe teach the younger kids more on driving safely when i was younger i thought the road was my race track truth is it gets people killed every day cars and bikes
letters have been sent, congressman have been contacted, etc...honestly i dont anything will ever change. jmo.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #31
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Wow this thread got out of hand.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #32
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

just do a wheelie, cagers will see you then
PowerSurgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:44 AM   #33
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

My question is how you get a report second hand that a bike is down and jump to the conclusion a cage ran him over.

Like was said, 90% of the time it was the bikes fault, but it is easier to put the blame on the cages then take a hard look at our riding habits.

And if you haven't figured out that most car and truck drivers don't even see bikes, you don't need to be riding on the street.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #34
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
i was just reporting another down rider. i kno you cant put much more together than a fiew words to make a sentence, but seriously, you have a head on your shoulders that if you keep fukin wit me, its gonna get squashed, i assure you of that. you have all these smart a$& lil comments, nm, you aint even worth the time
chill out noob, try to remember, your not half as bad as your fingers think you are.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #35
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
i think he was just using the gun thing as a extended metaphor. he knows not to use a gun in anger.
you are the only one that got me bro, thanks
Old 05-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #36
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
chill out noob, try to remember, your not half as bad as your fingers think you are.
and a noob im not, maby to mh, ive been ridin for over 20 yrs, and on the road for over 10
Old 05-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #37
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

its about awareness, but its hard to get the message across when everyone is oblivious
Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #38
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
its about awareness, but its hard to get the message across when everyone is oblivious

.... and even harder when the message is typed in some other language that nobody understands!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #39
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
and a noob im not, maby to mh, ive been ridin for over 20 yrs, and on the road for over 10
its good you have riding experience, I was referring to MH and your E-thuggery.
Its all good and I got what you were trying to say even though it was jumbled and written in the style of romper room .
as far as the cagers go.....
keep yer pistol holstered Tex and keep yer' head on a swivel at all times. thats how I roll.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #40
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

i speak in riddles at times, you have to read between the lines. i like to see what others do who dont take in all the info before jumpin to conclusions, showed me alot. i guess you can say it weeded out alot of the bs. but anyway, ive noticed local riders, just like this site, are more of followers, and no one really stands up and takes charge. thats wherein the delimma lies, everyone is quick to jump on the wagon and trash someone, than to speak out and get to the bottom of the situation. i kno at times i can be a lil extreme, but i have found that to make changes, sometimes you have to step out of the box to get peoples attention. this really has become ridiculous, when i wrote this, i did write it in anger for the simple reason that i had just read about multiple other riders down in one day, then i get a phone call. the reason we keep finding ourselves in this situation is cause its easier to to follow the heard, but isnt that what lead to the extinction of the dinosaurs.