MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #61
adamt

Feedback Rating: (0)

RIP, i travel that way to and from work and i hate the beltway exits, people are always crossing 3-4 lanes because they were not paying attention at that spot...
adamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hit rider seeking advice. WildCard355 General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 07-03-2013 10:34 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
rider down after hit and run 288/beltway craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-16-2011 12:06 PM
Girl rider gets hit head on by cage...on video zixx6r General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-11-2006 12:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #62
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

just found out, the van driver is a brother to a co-worker here.
he is charged with intoxicated manslaughter, failure to render aid etc etc etc.
he was drunk as a skunk and hopefully he will get what he has coming. I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #63
rhenriksen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyn View Post
RIP to that fallen rider.

The punishment issue, sad to say but they usually don't go so rough on people that get intoxiating manslaughter because they say that it was involuntary (accidental). I hope that since they know that he was aware and then tried to flee the scene, that they take that into consideration and give him all he deserves.
I wonder if this guy will have anything to say about the charges filed:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/5751983.html
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #64
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

RIP
Old 05-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #65
iceman11

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2006 Ninja 500R

RIP

Man this sucks!! The driver of the van was a friend of my gf brother. Yeah he was drunk as a skunk and had no business driving!!! I ain't got the words!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #66
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman11 View Post
RIP

Man this sucks!! The driver of the van was a friend of my gf brother. Yeah he was drunk as a skunk and had no business driving!!! I ain't got the words!!!
along with no insurance and no drivers license for priors

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #67
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

some people just refuse to learn. i remember reading once (this was MANY years ago, early nineties i think) where a guy killed a little girl while driving drunk. he was sentenced to X amount of years of prison of course, but the judge ordered a picture of the little girl to be mounted on his cell wall for the duration of his sentence.

that should apply to ALL cases like this.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #68
wetherby

Felt the need to join in and post.........

This scumbag was stopped right in front of where I work. Lot's of witnesses to the aftermath. But I'm still trying to gather info from the night shift on exactly what happened before the police arrived.

I ran the plate on the van involved in the accident, as per this video: http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....c1bf825f.html
(That's our main office in the background, and the "banging noise" is from our vessel shop)
I feel terrible for Frank Freeman 60 (the rider), but what I find even stranger is the fact that the van was registered to Mary Freeman of Galveston.
Was it manslaughter, or premeditated murder???? Time will tell, as I can only speculate the owner is the riders wife or family.

As a former rider ('85 VF750 Interceptor), I refuse to ride since moving to the houston area. This being after an accident in 1989 on Bay Area blvd, when a distracted driver made a left turn from the middle lane, and totaled my baby.
wetherby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #69
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetherby View Post

This scumbag was stopped right in front of where I work. Lot's of witnesses to the aftermath. But I'm still trying to gather info from the night shift on exactly what happened before the police arrived.

I ran the plate on the van involved in the accident, as per this video: http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....c1bf825f.html
(That's our main office in the background, and the "banging noise" is from our vessel shop)
I feel terrible for Frank Freeman 60 (the rider), but what I find even stranger is the fact that the van was registered to Mary Freeman of Galveston.
Was it manslaughter, or premeditated murder???? Time will tell, as I can only speculate the owner is the riders wife or family.

As a former rider ('85 VF750 Interceptor), I refuse to ride since moving to the houston area. This being after an accident in 1989 on Bay Area blvd, when a distracted driver made a left turn from the middle lane, and totaled my baby.

that video is ...... (speechless)
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #70
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetherby View Post

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 05-05-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #71
apoe87
finally got a bike!!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2006 GS 500 F!!!

Send a message via AIM to apoe87
OMG...
apoe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #72
bhk1105

Bike(s):
totalled 2004 Kawi zx 6r

this is some fckd up isht
bhk1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #73
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

another update from www.khou.com - this is sooooo screwed up.

HOUSTON -- It was an accident scene that would make even the most cynical motorist flinch. A van ran over a motorcyclist, then dragged the bike nearly a mile and a half down the road.

The chase ended almost at Jeffery Simmons' door.

Authorities say the 26-year-old Simmons was behind the wheel when he struck and killed Frank Freeman. Eyewitnesses and police said Simmons fled the scene and had to be cornered on Market Street after the collision.

But in an exclusive interview with 11 News, Simmons' wife said he was headed home to get help.

"He was scared and tried to call 911 twice from two different cell phones at the house, but couldn't get through,” she said.

The afternoon began at a neighborhood bar that was a favorite spot of both the suspect and the victim.

Freeman wasn't at the bar that night, but Simmons' wife says her husband was.

She said he got into a fight over a $4 bet on a pool game and was worried the man from the fight was following him on the freeway. That's why he crossed over several lanes of traffic before striking Freeman, she said.

But bar patrons told 11 News a different story. There was no fight in the bar, they said.

The bar owner insists Simmons ordered, but did not finish, two drinks and then disappeared into the bathroom for 15 minutes.

He said when Simmons emerged, he was acting strange.

Then he got in his vehicle and drove off.

“We saw him storm out of here super fast like he was about to wreck or something,” said bar patron Jenn Barajas.

In fact, someone called authorities because of his driving.

“The cops had just missed him he had just took off down the road,” said Amanda Ynosencio, another person who was at the bar Friday night. “Like he said, the van almost tilted over. I remember him because people were running out of the way because he was going so fast.”

Moments later, Freeman was killed. His longtime neighbor took the news hard.

“Before Friday I come over here and visited and I'm so glad I did, “ said Rhonda Richey. “I got to see him before he went to heaven.”

Friends said they'll remember Freeman as a man who loved his motorcycle.

“He lived a good life,” said friend Sonny Opiela. “When you start riding (a) Harley, your life changes.”

Simmons was arraigned Monday morning and faces charges of intoxicated manslaughter and failure to stop and render aid.

State laws dictate that a bar can be held liable if it serves alcohol to someone reasonably believed to be intoxicated. It was unclear if that was the case with Simmons.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #74
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
word is that "everythin happens for a reason" but at times its just difficulty to grasp that concept and put it into play... sorry excuse for a human being, what can I say.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #75
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

This is some bizarre soap opera ... staying tuned...

what can i say, I am a sucker for "the stories"

RIP to the rider... the driver of the van should be dead...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement