Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Great Article By Keith Code!

From his website:

All Riders Have ADDD

Attention Disorientation and Distribution Disorder

Yes, I just made that up but, really, there has been a lot of buzz for years about so-called ADD and ADHD. You’ll hear, “At school, my son or daughter can’t focus and has a hard time learning lessons. Their attention wanders. They become nervous and impulsive.” Well, I have a school and my students (usually the parents) have the same problems with something they really are interested in, improving their cornering skills. Both have run into a learning barrier.

Watching a student hack through a corner with speed, lean angle, steering and throttle errors could easily be described as un-focused hyperactivity”. They don’t want it to be like that or feel like that. As a coach, I have to look for the reason or both I, and my students, fail to improve the riding.

Keith Code

PS: On the ADD and ADHD thing, take a look at this:

Keith Code, 2008, all rights reserved
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Keith Code Article On Weak Side - Lefts or Rights Patrick Taking it to the Track 4 08-12-2009 09:37 PM
Great New Article From Keith Code! Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-20-2008 03:46 PM
Great New Article From Keith Code! Patrick Motorcycle Articles 1 08-20-2008 03:46 PM
Good article from Keith Code Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 07-02-2006 03:11 AM
Keith Code books speedismo Taking it to the Track 14 10-18-2005 06:04 PM
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Jungle Racing
Feedback Rating: (0)

This is a very interesting write up. I have always liked the way that keith puts things into a riders perspective. This one is no different.
I think it is a valid point that it could be the rider doesn't know how to properly change gears or brake properly that will cause confience problems and hinder improvments. Very valid to the riders perception and what they know/think to be real.
I wonder if the track day's provide rider coaches watching people to gage improvements and look for things holding riders back.

Thanks Patrick for posting up the article.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Awesome article! The concepts he's talking about can be applied to anything that you are having trouble focusing on.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Break it down to one step at a time, and isolate the problem you are having. Work on that aspect, then build from there.

I find that the average street rider has no idea how to use the brakes to the max, or even close. Much less down shift and match revs (altho slipper clutches sure even out the playing field).
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote