MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #61
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

The club was a group of like minded folks who enjoyed SMR's and club racing(CMRA and a little WERA too). The officers essentially organized the rides and events. Dues pretty much covered your t-shirts and whatever we put together for the group. We did have an annual Ride for Ronald to raise money for Ronald McDonald House. Hank Hattoy headed that up. Rules related to ride safety. It was a social group first and foremost, but it changed, became much less laid back later on.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for two guys riding with Ride Smart rz500guy Taking it to the Track 8 05-15-2013 02:12 PM
2 guys riding together. Anybody on here? Pic YoungGun General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 05-19-2012 12:16 PM
Looking for old video of 2 guys riding slyslickdick General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 12-31-2009 11:22 AM
How many tall guys are riding a 600? RU55ELL General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 09-02-2008 07:26 PM
2-Up riding(2 guys) BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-26-2007 10:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #62
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Stuart is one of the good guys... some of the others ...not so much.. i didnt renew my membership this year... just my two cents worth.

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #63
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
Stuart is one of the good guys... some of the others ...not so much.. i didnt renew my membership this year... just my two cents worth.
You did'nt renew your membership coz we would'nt let you ride your 47cc pocketbike to the group rides..

come on dude...

atleast have it to 49cc

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #64
CBRMichael
Older and Wiser?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda VFR800 Interceptor 25th Anniversary

Send a message via AIM to CBRMichael
Just ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrcrx View Post
The club was a group of like minded folks who enjoyed SMR's and club racing(CMRA and a little WERA too). The officers essentially organized the rides and events. Dues pretty much covered your t-shirts and whatever we put together for the group. We did have an annual Ride for Ronald to raise money for Ronald McDonald House. Hank Hattoy headed that up. Rules related to ride safety. It was a social group first and foremost, but it changed, became much less laid back later on.
I am 41 and ride with the TSBA. I am also the state director for the HSTA. I ride with the group only because I am comfortable riding with them. There are a few guys who take more risks than I do, but there are some who take less.

I read where someone said they were faster? There is no such thing on the street. If you want faster, sign up for CMRA or compare your times at a track day. On the street, speed is an acceptance of risk. We all have our limits. I rode with a MH group and wasn't comfortable. The risk was too high for me. It wasn't because they or I were better; just that they accepted more risk than I am willing to accept.

Maybe you want to say you are better? I am a better rider because of what I have learned from riding with these guys. I like it that a group is not afraid to pull someone aside and say "this is a problem and you don't see it". I like a group where someone will volunteer to ride with a new, less experienced rider just make sure they are OK. Expect everyone to show up early with a full tank of gas on a bike that is in good mechanical condition for the ride. Nobody wants to wait for a truck or an ambulance 150 miles from home, but everyone in that group will.

The PACE is each rider accepting their own limitations of skill, equipment, and risk. Riding with a group that follows those guidelines means nobody gets left behind. We will stop and wait for an hour if that is what takes to make sure that person is riding within their limits.

The TSBA had a bad rep for years. I lived in Ft.Worth in the 90's and knew some of them. Some were nut jobs, others were fantastic people. I wouldn't join because of the crazies. It's unfortunate that the nut jobs in the group are the ones that give the group it's reputation. The rules and emphasis of the TSBA changed because of the impression that some people had, including LEO's. The problem now is that they may think every squid or "stunta" they see is TSBA.

It may be unfair that the public and police think that every nutjob who runs away on a 'busa is TSBA, but they earned that reputation the wrong way. Only time will fix that. The reputation of the TSBA will change. Mo, Jerran, and many other new members are examples of that. I joined last year after riding with them awhile on Sundays. I appreciate and support what they are trying to do, even if some view that as political. I like riding with them. You may or may not, but you won't find out unless you try it for yourself.

My point? Shut up and ride. Find a group you like and ride. 10 miles a week or 500 miles on a Sunday. Just ride. The groups you don't like? Wave when you pass and understand that the reason you can buy a 160HP superbike for just over $10K is because they buy them too. Everything goes in cycles, but mostly by your perception. Life and age changes everything.

Just ride.
2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary Edition
1990 CBR1000F - Gone but not forgotten
CBRMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #65
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Amen, brother.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #66
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
TSBA is a great club and may not be for everyone. Yeah, we got some fast riders but who doesn't. Most of them take it to the track or race the CMRA as well. So what. I've did my time with the club and know some of you as well and expect knowing but great solid feedback about our Club.

TSBA has been around for over 20 years and will be around when were all gone. I plan to be here for the next 40 more.
CMRA was also connected to our club. Back in the day, Craig Montgomery was the Webmaster. Who's he right? Times have changed. I know all to much about how you feel about rules and regs. but you can't please everyone. Were always going to take care of our fallen brothers. Some of you remember. I've known and been riding around the TSBA since 1999. Seen all to much but would never discuss this info on an open forum. Have some dignity. This club is just like anything else. You either love it or your out. For the ones that have left us. We still remember you and talk about the times we shared. Gone but never forgotten.
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #67
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

Back in the day we had a monthly newsletter!

Advertisement