MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #41
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

TSBA has been around a long time . I was the Pres. back in '94. The club actually started in Austin, moved to Houston , continued to grow, almost died in the late 90's, and is quite strong and in Austin DFW SA and Houston now. It's a good organization but a bit different from what it once was, as all things change.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for two guys riding with Ride Smart rz500guy Taking it to the Track 8 05-15-2013 02:12 PM
2 guys riding together. Anybody on here? Pic YoungGun General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 05-19-2012 12:16 PM
Looking for old video of 2 guys riding slyslickdick General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 12-31-2009 11:22 AM
How many tall guys are riding a 600? RU55ELL General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 09-02-2008 07:26 PM
2-Up riding(2 guys) BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-26-2007 10:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #42
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
thats 2 much for my frunk to read.

cliffnotes damnit
the pace

good following distances
moderate speed on the straights
late apex/flick it hard to limit time in the lean
little to no braking from turn to turn since you're not blazing in the straights
emphasizes being smooth over throttle and brake happy i.e. "not" the track... meaning you pick a pace and pretty much run the same speed all day, whether in the turns or on the straights.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #43
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Texlurch...

You beat me to it. Good synopsis.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #44
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I saw the biker boyz at Lone Star in Galveston. Looked like a swat team. Silly
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #45
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I got pulled over by Wahler County Sherif and the first thing that he asked was if I was part of the TSBA. I told him I knew of them and had seen them riding around. He said since I wasn't part of that group, he was only going to give me a warning.

He also said that he posted up on there from time to time and warns them that if he catches them, game over!
Then he told me about a Yellow Busa that he chased from Brookshire to 290 before they got away and it only took five minutes to cover that distance.
lol...
Old 05-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #46
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerran V View Post
no one has died on a TSBA ride.
Actually, not true. Unfortunately, there have been a couple of recent deaths just in the Houston chapter alone. Unfortunate incidents.

The Statewide Chapters have had them also.

Not a knock on the group, just the facts of riding a lot with a lot of people. Law of averages.

There are the share of squids that ride with them, and the "organization" is now very political.

Overall, the core group of folks are good people with good riding skills and good core values about riding. Every group has their anomalies.

I enjoyed the club more before it became political, but the people still involved are nice folks
Old 05-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #47
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I enjoyed the club more before it became political, but the people still involved are nice folks
Political? In what way?
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #48
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

I met one guy that was drunk one night......... He was a douche and we got into a slight confrontation.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #49
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
...no one has died on a TSBA ride.
Actually some have unfortunantly.
Bret Hearn died on 3090 and Heather in Austin. And I have seen my fair share of crashes. Just talk to Paul Sonderfan about it. We try to stay safe but no one is immune. I wish I could still ride with you guys. I loved leading the rides.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #50
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
I got pulled over by Wahler County Sherif and the first thing that he asked was if I was part of the TSBA. I told him I knew of them and had seen them riding around. He said since I wasn't part of that group, he was only going to give me a warning.

He also said that he posted up on there from time to time and warns them that if he catches them, game over!
Then he told me about a Yellow Busa that he chased from Brookshire to 290 before they got away and it only took five minutes to cover that distance.
lol...

Yellow Busa.............. You dont say .......... Could it be????

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #51
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
I'm a member. It's a great group to ride with, track or street. The difference between TSBA and some groups: don't know of anyone with active arrest warrants, riders wear proper gear, everyone actually HAS insurance, and a big one...no one has died on a TSBA ride.
that's a bold statement and quite honestly don't think just b/c it hasn't happened yet, that it won't. When running mach speeds on a public road, they are putting themselves in just as much danger as anyone else.

And don't make it out like that group doesn't have accidents like every other "group". Wasn't Brian (Bmpdstdx...whatever) a member of TSBA? He is a paralyzed now due to an accident on a bike. Not sure if it was on a sanctioned TSBA ride, but...just proves that accidents do happen.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #52
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post

That's where I am going to put my money, but didn't know he was a member of TSBA, lol...
Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #53
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

I'll be more specific and precise with my words...I'm unaware of any deaths that have occured on a Houston based TSBA sanctioned ride. Of course accidents happen. The point of my original statement was to give an overall "flavor" of the types of riders and rides involved. If you are looking for stunting, street racing or a group of thugs (nothing wrong with any of these), TSBA is not it.

And when people lose their ability to move their lower limbs, they are called "paraplegic" not "a paralyzed"...
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #54
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Quote:
I'll be more specific and precise with my words.... If you are looking for a group of thugs (nothing wrong with any of these), TSBA is not it.
there goes my shot at hollywood. oh well someone will love me.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #55
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
I'll be more specific and precise with my words...I'm unaware of any deaths that have occured on a Houston based TSBA sanctioned ride. Of course accidents happen. The point of my original statement was to give an overall "flavor" of the types of riders and rides involved. If you are looking for stunting, street racing or a group of thugs (nothing wrong with any of these), TSBA is not it.

And when people lose their ability to move their lower limbs, they are called "paraplegic" not "a paralyzed"...
muh bad, typing in a hurry...you got the point
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #56
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I was paralyzed while riding with some TSBA guys but it doesn't put them at fault. I rode my own ride at my own pace. I take responsibility for my own actions as should the rest of you guys. All of the deaths that have occurred on TSBA rides have been due to rider fault. Either they were travelling too fast (triple digits) or went wide in the corners. I think that my accident was the only one that the rider wasn't at fault. I admit some of the resposibility though I was going I little over the limit but nothing major like I normally did on rides. Thank himself cause had I been travelling my normal pace, I wouldn't be here typing this message.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #57
dnix600

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post

big surprise theres alot of officers out there with that same story.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #58
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck84 View Post
have u ever ride with them????

i guees is like a club hu??

when did u meet me? (about ur sig).....(I AM HECTOR)

THERE
you mean rode .dumb fkr
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #59
Thermalser

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
FZ1, GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I wish I could still ride with you guys. I loved leading the rides.
Wish you were still riding with us as well, my friend.

I am the current TSBA Houston Chapter President. TSBA is made up of a group of like minded sport bike riders, mostly a bit older then the average sport bike type, which just means we managed to survive the bullet proof mentality of youth and continue to enjoy the ride. Many of us have tempered our pace on the street these days in favor of honning our skills on the track, where I have met and enjoyed the company of quite a few MHers. I've met Chris (Solracer) and know Henry (SBK Pilot) well, and they have encouraged TSBA participation on MH, of which quite a few of our members post up here.

The Pace, as mentioned, is an excellent guideline for group riding. It covers the basics of safely riding within a group, including proper gear, formation, with an emphasis on being smooth and in control. But to really experience THE PACE as Nick Ienatsch descibes it in the book, you need to ride with a small group of friends who know each other well and have ridden together for awhile. It's a pretty cool sight to be sweeping for a 4 or 5 bike train at speed, snaking through a canyon pass in the Hill Country or Arkansas, and never see a brake light.

Though the Pace is something we aspire to on TSBA rides, it is not always obtainable when we have larger groups, new riders, or differing skill levels. That is when we empazise the RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE philosophy. Something I recommend to everyone when riding with an unfamiliar group of riders for awhile. Leaving the ego at home is also a key to having a good safe ride, no trophies awarded on the street.

We welcome all responsible MH riders to join us on our Sunday rides, membership is not required, just the basic guidelines -

~Riders are encouraged to take the MSF courses.
~Riders are encouraged to own and use the proper safety gear.
~Never cross the center line! Treat the centerline as the edge of the road. If someone is riding across the centerline, they are over their head!
~No passing in curves, and no passing on the right! If you want to race, go to the track.
~Acknowledge faster riders, and allow them to safely pass. Don't hold them up in the corners just to make a banzai blast down the straights, keeping them from passing.
~Everyone is encouraged to ride at their own safe pace. We strive to ride the Pace, but with many varying skill levels, staying within the limits of your bike, your skill set, and ambient conditions (traffic, weather, road conditions, etc.) is the name of the game.
~When riding in groups, always ride in a staggered formation. You can easily go single file when the curves come up.
~Always ride with skill in reserve. Don't ride 100% on the street, as there are too many things that can go wrong. Know your limits and ride below them.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #60
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ One of the good guys up there (Stuart).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Political? In what way?
Originally, there were "officers" and such, but it was not in a way where everything went to committee or there were votes on stuff that affected the whole club.

It's hard to reflect and remember all that is was back then, but basically it was just a riding group that turned in to a 501c3 charity/ benefit/ monthly meetings/ rules and regs/ mission statement/ annual elections with many positions club that had some members that took that stuff too seriously and enjoyed their political "power".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the club by any means- it's just not my cup of tea any more, mostly because I don't ride on the street any more. I still have friends that are members, and most of those folks are top-notch people that are fun to be around and ride with.

You've got your occasional squidly young buck that thinks they know it all and have nothing left to learn, but sometimes they get quieted down. Sometimes they just migrate over to this bbs and continue on their ways

Over all, good group of folks that are nice to be associated with

I personally just don't feel that it's the place for me any more and that's just because I don't ride on the street any more I think.

Advertisement