MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #61
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
My brother and my mother are both disabled if that enlightens you any

i have missed a ride here and there for somthing that was important but i will never stop riding ever
Thats why I said "Guessing could be wrong?"
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike Pick up Deadfred General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 08-12-2011 12:36 PM
Is One Person's Life Worth More Than Another's? Racer997 Off Topic 51 01-26-2011 10:38 AM
Best way to pick up women while on your bike homi Off Topic 49 11-10-2008 09:21 AM
One of many reasons a pro-life rally isn't a great place to pick up women. tcmatt Off Topic 10 10-11-2006 11:04 PM
help me pick a bike rjacobs General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 09-02-2006 08:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #62
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
1. AGREED

2. = yeah you contradict number 1 by bringing this up when it has nothing to do with the topic and calling me out like that (but its cool i dont care about my typing if you cant read it and you dont like it I dont care)

4. Great point and I agree with everything in there

How do you know I was talking about you??? And yes, you are correct, I did contradict myself... forgive me, friend?
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #63
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA View Post
How do you know I was talking about you??? And yes, you are correct, I did contradict myself... forgive me, friend?
you are forgiven (everyone gripes about my typing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #64
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
LOOK THERE YOU GO AGAIN TRYING TO PUSH YOUR OPINIONS ON OTHER PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK IS FULLISH OTHERS WILL NOT WHAT YOU THINK IS ONE THING OTHERS WILL THINK ANOTHER I MEAN HONESTLY ARE YOU RETARDED? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN WHERE YOU CAN THINK FOR EVERYONE?
Jared, calm down man, if you read what he's posting, you're both saying the same thing. He's only pointing out that he's posting his opinion like you are and that it is part of a debate; point/ counter point.

No need to get upset and call names man.

I understand but don't agree with the Indian cultures, then again, I don't have to. My suspicion is that the original poster had already made up his mind (based upon his conclusion and replies) before he ever posted. It's almost like he was just posting up that he did the benevolent thing for his grandma and wanted some recognition for it.

I say good for you if you feel that you should make a sacrifice to please your family.

To me though, to give up something so small and insignificant to make someone else that you care about happy is nice, but for them to ask you to do it for no real good reason is kind of unfair of them. Especially if you derive so much joy from it. I would think most people who care about you would sooner see you happy and that to ask you to give it up is a bit selfish.

Of course, that whole argument can be turned around too in that if you gave that up for them, it would make them happy, and then if you didn't; you would be the selfish one.

I think that is a double edge sword there...
Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #65
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
you are forgiven (everyone gripes about my typing)
Yeah and now suddenly your last 5 or so posts have been very understandable.

You've just been messin' with us up to now.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #66
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
you fail to see how it falls under passion i tell you what go to japan and just walk up and rip someone bonsai tree up and throw it on the ground and see what happens

your an idiot I have family that lives in Japan and honestly who are you to even talk about riding? as far as i know not on person on here has ever seen one of your bikes or antying that you say your have shut the F up with your BS dude im gonna tell you straight up dont ever say anything to disrespect my culture ever again

or better yet come to a meet sometime and we can discuss our cultures and beliefs in person because no i dont use puntuation and i dont care to and guess what i dont give a

me and Tony (houseofpain) are on the same thing my family does not like that i ride they have been with me in the hospital but they know it is my passion and part of my ife and they respect that just like tony's family respects it for him

but you wouldnt know anything about it you would have to learn how to really ride first
vandalism. simple as that. I am destroying passion?

So i dont ride now? how long have you been riding?

why would i want to come to a meet and discuss anything with your uneducated ?

good for you and your family in japan. having family somewhere helps you understand their culture? I must understand british culture fully. under that logic I must be croatian also.

Now read this. go back and learn what a period is. Its not the Rag that you are on right now. its: ......................... You know, all the ones that you are missed.

PS if you want to go see atleast one of my bikes. go to Motorcycles Unlimited. MR. asshat. ask to see the blue r6.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #67
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
vandalism. simple as that. I am destroying passion?

So i dont ride now? how long have you been riding?

why would i want to come to a meet and discuss anything with your uneducated ?

good for you and your family in japan. having family somewhere helps you understand their culture? I must understand british culture fully. under that logic I must be croatian also.

Now read this. go back and learn what a period is. Its not the Rag that you are on right now. its: ......................... You know, all the ones that you are missed.

PS if you want to go see atleast one of my bikes. go to Motorcycles Unlimited. MR. asshat. ask to see the blue r6.

lolololololololololololololololol

and ill be at Motorcycles Unlimited tom. so ill ask to see the blue R6 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #68
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
lolololololololololololololololol

and ill be at Motorcycles Unlimited tom. so ill ask to see the blue R6 lol

Just noticed. you only ride the track. so... do you have a street bike? do you even ride the street? do you even have an M endorsement? lol you are sitting here giving opinions on somebody riding on the street.

So you know everybody on this forum. I doubt it. do you ride with everyone? I doubt it.

your argument holds no credibility. but then again how can i expect someone to comprehend that if they cannot even tackle their own written language.

I really dont want any with you so I will buy you a Hooked on Phonics as a make up gift and to show that i support the local .

Its the blue one with all the gold stuff (rearsets, clips, sliders,) on it. enjoy.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #69
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Guys, guys... let it go... just agree to disagree... and remember...

arguinghq8
arguinghq8e1bdf61c1b
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #70
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

I agree and am done.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #71
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

the day I need someone else to make my decisions for me, I'll be wearing a toe tag.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #72
AhmadHasib
Turkey Sammich: Mmmm Good

Experience: 1 year

mannn this thread got interesting really fast
Old 05-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #73
coojo
Uber Newb

Bike(s):
2004 ninja 250

Sounds like low blow reasoning, but don't worry about what anyone else says. I agree that riding is a big part of some people's lives, family is too. However, this thread wasn't about what you should do was it? You already said you'd give up riding for the summer and were just asking if anyone else felt the same as you. My answer is, the only people I'd give up riding for if they sincerely wanted me to, are the people I know would never think lightly about asking me to give up something I enjoy.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #74
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
Sounds like they are implying that he's playing Russian roulette by riding.

I understand the cultural thing, but it sounds like they aren't respecting him by acknowledging that he's an adult and can make competent decisions about his own safety.

I don't believe that riding a motorcycle is courting death every time you go out. To me, it would be the same as asking someone not to get on a plane because it could crash, or to not walk across a street because you could get hit by a car.

If he rides responsibly and carefully, he will most likely be fine. If he has an accident, then it's just that, an accident. He could have a fatal accident walking up some stairs, should he avoid those all summer too?

Take all reasonable precautions and then go enjoy life, it's too short to avoid doing things just because something *might* happen.
Well said, this should be reply #2 and /thread.

But to answer the question, no I wouldn't give up riding for anybody.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it

Last edited by dudewhrsmybike; 05-01-2008 at 10:19 PM.
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #75
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
I might change my riding habits into a more conservative approach if my mother asked me... but giving up motorcycling entirely? never happening in my mortal existence.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #76
Gringo3825

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600 sold!!!!
09 Buell XB1200Scg

When gas prices get lower or I win the lottery I will quit riding. I use my bike as my main means of transportation. As I see today went to babies r us to get some stuff for my daughter and saw 5 bikes in front of best buy. 30 mins later saw 3 more. I would not be surprised in the next 2 yrs that amount will tripple. Back pack sales are going to sky rocket (hint...hint) You made a good choice. My wife wants me to get life insurance though.
Gringo3825 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement