Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #41
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Its called presenting arguments and counter arguments. dont be so naive into thinking there is some huge brainwash job going on here. you state your argument. i state my counter. back and forth. how it works bro.
but there is nothing to argue about you posted your opinion i said mine and then you bring up the culture thing so i tell you about my culture and how i feel about riding and then you blatenly attack my beliefs and and tell me that i am foolish lol it is all funny

oh well lol this is a really bad topic because not any 2 people will agree on the exact same thing in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike Pick up Deadfred General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 08-12-2011 12:36 PM
Is One Person's Life Worth More Than Another's? Racer997 Off Topic 51 01-26-2011 10:38 AM
Best way to pick up women while on your bike homi Off Topic 49 11-10-2008 09:21 AM
One of many reasons a pro-life rally isn't a great place to pick up women. tcmatt Off Topic 10 10-11-2006 11:04 PM
help me pick a bike rjacobs General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 09-02-2006 08:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #42
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
my mom, grandparents, and a few others have asked me to stop riding numerous amount of times.

even in my culture, family is everything, and always stay close.

but i have to agree with pyschoninja....to some, riding is a part of life. i CAN function without riding just like i CAN function without family....but do i want to leave one without the other? no. i like to get my piece of pie and eat it too. my family has accepted my need for speed on two wheels. even though they prefer me not to, they support me everytime they see me loadin the bike in the trailer.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #43
bignmz04
My better is better

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
LOOK THERE YOU GO AGAIN TRYING TO PUSH YOUR OPINIONS ON OTHER PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK IS FULLISH OTHERS WILL NOT WHAT YOU THINK IS ONE THING OTHERS WILL THINK ANOTHER I MEAN HONESTLY ARE YOU RETARDED? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN WHERE YOU CAN THINK FOR EVERYONE?

it is called an opinion you can have yorus stop trying to push it on my im not pushing it on you like i said in the last post just look at someone elses view point you dont have to agree with it that is why it is an opinion but stop be a and trying to say everyone is wrong and you are right because you are only right to you

riding is not transportation to me nor is it a hobby but it is a passion (do you know what a passion is ?)

like in the japanese and other asian cultures they have zen gardens and bonzia trees and such but that is not a hobby to them that is there passion and became art of there culture just like riding bikes is my passion and is part of my culture as well
Learn how to use some punctuations. (or is that pushing my opinion on you?) I cant push my OPINION on you. look up the meaning of the word.

no, I dont know the meaning of passion. Can you please push your opinion, I mean explain it to me.

shows you how little you know about culture. it is a hobby just like any other. fail to see how it falls under a passion.

Last edited by bignmz04; 05-01-2008 at 05:03 PM.
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #44
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
but there is nothing to argue about you posted your opinion i said mine and then you bring up the culture thing so i tell you about my culture and how i feel about riding and then you blatenly attack my beliefs and and tell me that i am foolish lol it is all funny

oh well lol this is a really bad topic because not any 2 people will agree on the exact same thing in here
ditto.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #45
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmadHasib View Post
Inshallah

And Aslam Alakum!
sausage, ham and bacon???

j/k man!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #46
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
my mom, grandparents, and a few others have asked me to stop riding numerous amount of times.

even in my culture, family is everything, and always stay close.

but i have to agree with pyschoninja....to some, riding is a part of life. i CAN function without riding just like i CAN function without family....but do i want to leave one without the other? no. i like to get my piece of pie and eat it too. my family has accepted my need for speed on two wheels. even though they prefer me not to, they support me everytime they see me loadin the bike in the trailer.
again you are stating your value system which is fine. no 2 are alike. but making any transportation or a sport into a passion is glorifying it a bit dont you think?

lord forbid it does not happen but what if some excruciating circumstance makes you unable to ride? what will happen?

but then again that can be said about family also.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #47
Mic

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Sounds like they are implying that he's playing Russian roulette by riding.

I understand the cultural thing, but it sounds like they aren't respecting him by acknowledging that he's an adult and can make competent decisions about his own safety.

I don't believe that riding a motorcycle is courting death every time you go out. To me, it would be the same as asking someone not to get on a plane because it could crash, or to not walk across a street because you could get hit by a car.

If he rides responsibly and carefully, he will most likely be fine. If he has an accident, then it's just that, an accident. He could have a fatal accident walking up some stairs, should he avoid those all summer too?

Take all reasonable precautions and then go enjoy life, it's too short to avoid doing things just because something *might* happen.

FWIW, I would choose my wife and kids over my bike, but I refuse to live my life in fear.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #48
Amanda
Bulletproof

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

i say ride it....

i understand sometimes accidents are inevitable...but when u do ride, just be extra careful, and do go on any challenging ride for the time being...
Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #49
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Learn how to use some punctuations. (or is that pushing my opinion on you?) I cant push my OPINION on you. look up the meaning of the word.

no, I dont know the meaning of passion. Can you please push your opinion, I mean explain it to me.

shows you how little you know about culture. it is a hobby just like any other. fail to see how it falls under a passion.
you fail to see how it falls under passion i tell you what go to japan and just walk up and rip someone bonsai tree up and throw it on the ground and see what happens

your an idiot I have family that lives in Japan and honestly who are you to even talk about riding? as far as i know not on person on here has ever seen one of your bikes or antying that you say your have shut the F up with your BS dude im gonna tell you straight up dont ever say anything to disrespect my culture ever again

or better yet come to a meet sometime and we can discuss our cultures and beliefs in person because no i dont use puntuation and i dont care to and guess what i dont give a

me and Tony (houseofpain) are on the same thing my family does not like that i ride they have been with me in the hospital but they know it is my passion and part of my ife and they respect that just like tony's family respects it for him

but you wouldnt know anything about it you would have to learn how to really ride first

Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #50
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
and im a fire fighter even when there are not people inside I want to go in adn when im told it is to bad lets just put the ladder ruck up and flood it i get upset because i want to go in so bad it is so much fun and amazing
I think I understand now why I find your posts unintelligible. Frequent and extended periods of time in smoke filled buildings without sufficient oxygen.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #51
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Personal choice that only the individual can make. If you're happy with it and the people you care about are too, then it's the right choice for you.

Commendable to sacrifice something you enjoy temporarily for the peace of mind of you Grandparents
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #52
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I think I understand now why I find your posts unintelligible. Frequent and extended periods of time in smoke filled buildings without sufficient oxygen.
LMAO yes that is a big part of it lol I spent 6 hours without air in a town home fire one time when the floor collapsed underneath me and the roof caved in on top of me

(that is why im not a fire fighter anymore I gave up that passion for my family)

and it was honestly one of the biggest mistakes of my life i miss it so much so now I only have my riding and I will never give that up

Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #53
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
okay i think this thread is going lil too far...

Ahmad ... do what you were raised and taught to do in this situation. As for me.. I was told by my wife to stop riding .. cuz of the crashes and risk it has with it while riding in the city. So keeping my wife/kid in my mind i stopped weekday riding for the most of it.. and took weekend riding ..towards the country. Now hoping to only do track days.. safer..fun..and more fun...

My wife understands the reasons for my bike...
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #54
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
me and Tony (houseofpain) are on the same thing my family does not like that i ride they have been with me in the hospital but they know it is my passion and part of my ife and they respect that just like tony's family respects it for him

I think the issue was that your families don't rely on you for care. (guessing could be wrong?) If you get run over tomorrow your family will continue on albeit sad or whatever. If he gets ran over who takes care of the grandparents???
Big difference when you have a huge responsibility.

Couple weeks ago I had to cancel my Dealsdragon trip, because I had to baby sit my father-in-law. (Leweys Disease)
I didn't throw a fit and say F* it I am going.. The road will outlive me and my bikes are always in the garage for another day.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #55
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I think it is very admirable of you to respect your grandma's wishes while your mom & pops is away, they would probably trip out if they came back and grandma & grandpa was in a old folks home so you could ride your bike
Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #56
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboo007 View Post
okay i think this thread is going lil too far...

Ahmad ... do what you were raised and taught to do in this situation.
As for me..I was told by my wife to stop riding .. cuz of the crashes and risk it has with it while riding in the city. So keeping my wife/kid in my mind i stopped weekday riding for the most of it.. and took weekend riding ..towards the country. Now hoping to only do track days.. safer..fun..and more fun...

My wife understands the reasons for my bike...
Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #57
aboo007

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
I think the issue was that your families don't rely on you for care. (guessing could be wrong?) If you get run over tomorrow your family will continue on albeit sad or whatever. If he gets ran over who takes care of the grandparents???

Couple weeks ago I had to cancel my Dealsdragon trip, because I had to baby sit my father-in-law. (Leweys Disease)
I didn't throw a fit and say F* it I am going.. The road will outlive me and my bikes are always in the garage for another day.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #58
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

1. This thread got way out of hand
2. Some of you need to learn how to type, spell, utilize grammar, etc. No names, but it is one of the parties that is involved in the above mentioned argument.
3. I do not think this thread has any cultural implication. This young man may be from Pakistan/India but what does that have to do with his need to care for his elderly grandparents? Any of us, regardless of ethnicity would do it... If any of you guys can really say, Screw you granny, i am goin' a riding," then you are some hardcore and cold hearted bastids...
4. Ahmad, read Post #17... kidding. You have to do the best for your situation. that being said, no one is going to truly understand your situation. I think it is wise for you to park the bike and make sure your grandparents are cared for until your parents get back. However, on the same note, it is also selfish of them to ask this of you (given that this is your desire) and it is also very unreasonable for them to think only something bad would happen to you while on a bike. But like in our risk averse culture, they are simply mitigating any extended risk to both you and them.
5. Good Luck... (when they go to sleep at night, just sneak a few laps around the block...lol..)
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #59
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post

My brother and my mother are both disabled if that enlightens you any

i have missed a ride here and there for somthing that was important but i will never stop riding ever

Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #60
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA View Post
1. This thread got way out of hand
2. Some of you need to learn how to type, spell, utilize grammar, etc. No names, but it is one of the parties that is involved in the above mentioned argument.
3. I do not think this thread has any cultural implication. This young man may be from Pakistan/India but what does that have to do with his need to care for his elderly grandparents? Any of us, regardless of ethnicity would do it... If any of you guys can really say, Screw you granny, i am goin' a riding," then you are some hardcore and cold hearted bastids...
4. Ahmad, read Post #17... kidding. You have to do the best for your situation. that being said, no one is going to truly understand your situation. I think it is wise for you to park the bike and make sure your grandparents are cared for until your parents get back. However, on the same note, it is also selfish of them to ask this of you (given that this is your desire) and it is also very unreasonable for them to think only something bad would happen to you while on a bike. But like in our risk averse culture, they are simply mitigating any extended risk to both you and them.
5. Good Luck... (when they go to sleep at night, just sneak a few laps around the block...lol..)
1. AGREED

2. = yeah you contradict number 1 by bringing this up when it has nothing to do with the topic and calling me out like that (but its cool i dont care about my typing if you cant read it and you dont like it I dont care)

4. Great point and I agree with everything in there

Quote:

Advertisement