MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #21
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
I hear from a pretty good source this track will never be built. the guy trying to build it keeps telling everyone he has the grant and the money to build, but none of wich is true!
That's pretty funny, "that guy" you're talking about just posted up in this thread today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus McBain

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck beasley
Don't hold your breath folks. We were "supposed"to be racing on it this year. I got 100.00 says you won't see it in '09...................anyone? Bueller??
Make it cool $1000.00 Buck

Marcus
I guess we'll see.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberty motorsports park??? 244 Taking it to the Track 36 06-15-2012 02:04 PM
USS Liberty - Have you heard about it? Htownz The Circus 9 11-12-2009 12:06 PM
The Iranian fight for liberty CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 31 07-10-2009 01:39 PM
Liberty Motorsports Park bdubb Taking it to the Track 12 07-02-2008 09:54 AM
Liberty Motorsports Park is a go mojo Taking it to the Track 2 07-02-2008 09:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #22
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Feedback Rating: (0)

dont get me wrong I dont know anything about it, but when i saw the write up in roadracing world i was stoked and asked a bunch of people about it. They told me it will never happen but I so hope they are wrong, it would be so dope to have a nice new fresh track in the hood!
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
Marcus McBain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
I hear from a pretty good source this track will never be built. the guy trying to build it keeps telling everyone he has the grant and the money to build, but none of wich is true!
I am more than sure you will be glad to know, that your statement is false. In Novemeber of 2007, I signed a contract with the City of Cleveland that granted the facility a 10($M) bond for the construction of the track. In the same contract, another 17($M) was projected for the issuance of bonds for infrastructure.

The debt market crashed starting in November of last year, it created the need for another 6($M) in cash and that did delay the project. Several people have invested and subsequently fallen out. We have spent to date approximately 5.4($M) on the project. This includes the purchase of the land, engineering, and marketing.

This is not anything at all what most of you know as a road course. The sad state that road course events are in is at the best disheartening. We cannot get the recoginition and respect for our sport(s) (car and motorcycle) until we build facilities that are propertly engineered, marketed, and promoted.

There are many that don't want to see my project succeed...for vary reasons. Their agendas are as transparent as they are apparent and I appreciate those that have noted that to me. Each of you that has shown deep interest in the project need to understand the race to do this right is not in the construction, but rather after the construction.

One of the big sticking points was the ability to move 25,000 cars out in less than 90 minutes. This requires 3 seperate entrance that can be independently routed to different points on HWY 59 and I-45. We came to agreement for the last entrance 4 weeks ago. This took about 8 months longer than I planned.

This project can and may fail. I have all of my money I have ever made in my life tied up in it and consequently I won't let it fail if I can help it. The good news is that we had very favorable result with our equity raise.

I will do everything in my power to make my Motorsports Park one of the best in the country. You will be seeing a lot of things going on in the next month. They include:

The Liberty Motorsports Hour on ESPN 97.5 The Ticket will premiere Saturday July 12th at 1:00pm. You will be able to finally listen about road course motorsports in a context that is qualifed and palatable. Our first guests will be Nic Jonsson and Cory West (of M4 EMGO Suzuki). Nic is one of the top drivers in the Rolex Grand Am Series. Cory is with John Ulrich's M4 Team and someone I have been fortunate to see come up through the ranks. His dad Marvin is a very accomplished person too. We expect to have the M4 team on regularly.

Coca Cola is the facility sponsor. The new logo will read Liberty Motorsports Park...powered by Coca Cola. You will see racer Danny Kelsey in Coca-Cola colors now. The deal with Coke is important and huge as they are non-industry logo that will help the general population associate with the facilty more easily.

We did have the AMA Superbike Series contract to race here in 2009 in October as the season finale. Contract was signed in February of this year. With the DMG situation, I am working with Roger Edmonson directly. I am very confident that the DMG situation will work itself out and in conversation I had with Roger just a week and half ago, I came away very pleased with Roger's vision and desire to see the series be recognized for what it is. We expect to get a Grand Am event next year, but it more than likely will not be a Daytona Prototypes event. We will get one or two of their class events though. Roger is busy with the Rolex Series and the DMG proposal, so I believe it will be September before we can give you a date.

This has been a monumental task, but it is rewarding to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I felt it was appropriate for me to accurately state what was going on. I am not a big fan of message boards, but hopefully this will update those that are truly interested in the project.

Marcus McBain
President - Liberty Motorsports Park
Marcus McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #24
Marcus McBain

Sorry, had to edit a few items and time ran out.

It will probably be NO SOONER than September before we can give you exact dates on events.

Our website should be updated in about two weeks and those on our mail list will get their newsletter. We are putting new logos on the site among other things. I wasn't necessarily worried about the website as much as getting the work done.
Marcus McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #25
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
thanks for the update Marcus ! u have my interest & support
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #26
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

marcus that sounds awesome and if I were rich I would have given you the money myself!! I really hope this works out for you because it looks like it will be awesome...
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #27
Tobey

Bike(s):
SV650, Vulcan 500

Any updates? Construction moving forward, etc.?
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
so the big question remains......has construction started?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #29
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Good luck and I hope it is a huge success as I live off 105 near cleveland(Fostoria) and am anxiously awating track days
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
so the big question remains......has construction started?
Their website was updated to show the news coverage of their ground breaking a month or so back.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #31
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

look at the date on the vid, Its from a year ago!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #32
MadMax143

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
A bunch of F2/F3s.

I really hope this works out!

Marcus...please continue to do this right. Concentrate on the racing surface. We already have 'new' tracks that are falling apart. Make yours the world class track I hope it becomes.

Good luck.
MadMax143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #33
Brandon

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

The website no longer works?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #34
orchard

Feedback Rating: (1)

will Buck be getting his 1,000 dollars?
orchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #35
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Who knows, but I wouldn't be shocked if the plan got put on the shelf for now. It's hard enough getting financing together on "must have" projects for business, countries, etc. I don't see it being easy to get investors in on a racetrack at this point in time.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #36
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchard View Post
will Buck be getting his 1,000 dollars?
He has to wait until Jan 2010 before he can collect.

I hope things work out for Marcus, but with the economy being what it is, I would be very surprised to see something like this happen.
Scorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #37
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Don't believe we'll see the track or my grand............................but still pullin' for you Marcus.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #38
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Nope, Marcus made the bet on July 08, so July 09 Buck will collect.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #39
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Hoping for the best

Being realistic though...
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #40
OmarRides
New to bikes

Bike(s):
still looking

the track layout looks nice. hopefully by the time i get an SV this track will be ready to ride on. how do i get to ride on it anyways. do i have to buy a membership at this place,
OmarRides is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement