MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #21
Mic

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Nope! You can take the written first! I took all my written test to get my CDL weeks before I took the driving portion!
I stand corrected!

Years ago when I started riding, I just went and took the MSF and then got my endorsement. I was then legal when I went out on my own to find a bike and ride it. I was living in Colorado at the time.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
disaster written all over it tripspeed Off Topic 12 10-25-2014 08:27 AM
Written in 1787.... cedestech The Circus 6 02-26-2013 09:09 AM
DPS written test SpeedCheeser New Riders and MSF Course Info 18 04-07-2009 10:43 PM
do you have to take the written test again koskesh General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 06-07-2006 06:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #22
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Once you take your written test you have a certain amount of time to complete the process (ie...driving part) so just make sure you know the time limit and take care of it all within that time frame.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #23
Trailerdgixx6
Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Trailerdgixx6
If you do the written test first and pass you will have a permit.It does require a new picture and id card as you will be getting the "M" endorsement. along with it comes restriction "J" which means you have to ride with a licensed rider 21 years of age or above within sight of you. Once you complete the MSF course you can go back with your certificate and they will issue you a new one again, only this time no restrictions.
Trailerdgixx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #24
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerdgixx6 View Post
If you do the written test first and pass you will have a permit.It does require a new picture and id card as you will be getting the "M" endorsement. along with it comes restriction "J" which means you have to ride with a licensed rider 21 years of age or above within sight of you. Once you complete the MSF course you can go back with your certificate and they will issue you a new one again, only this time no restrictions.
went, took and passed the test with an 84% (common sense for the most part and I rushed through it ) and the quoted post is exactly what happened
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement